Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Post by Hero »

So I tried to mail some Easter candy to my Filipina friend using the post office, and she never got it. I assume it got stolen in the Philippines.
Now her birthday is coming up, and of course I don't want to use the post office again to mail her a present. So I went to the FedEx store instead, and it turns out that it would cost $160 to mail her $5 worth of brownies :shock:
Then it occured to me: I'm an idiot. I could have just bought something online and had it shipped within the Philippines. I found this website for buying and shipping gifts in the Philippines:

http://www.phgifts.com/giftsforher-067.html

Have any of you done business with these guys? Can you suggest other websites like this? I gotta get a gift for my Ukrainian gf too :D
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Buying gifts for your foreign GF

Post by davewe »

Hero wrote:So I tried to mail some Easter candy to my Filipina friend using the post office, and she never got it. I assume it got stolen in the Philippines.
Now her birthday is coming up, and of course I don't want to use the post office again to mail her a present. So I went to the FedEx store instead, and it turns out that it would cost $160 to mail her $5 worth of brownies :shock:
Then it occured to me: I'm an idiot. I could have just bought something online and had it shipped within the Philippines. I found this website for buying and shipping gifts in the Philippines:

http://www.phgifts.com/giftsforher-067.html

Have any of you done business with these guys? Can you suggest other websites like this? I gotta get a gift for my Ukrainian gf too :D
There's a large number of these. Especially with mothers day coming up I am inundated with ads. The one I have used for flowers and candy is: Send Flowers To Philippines sendflowerstophilippines.net
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Good one, Dave. Thanks!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

xiongmao wrote:Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
Good advice. But, I've met them in person and I'm pretty sure they're good girls.
JimmyC
Freshman Poster

Post by JimmyC »

Hero wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Good find. Just don't go overboard with gifts or your girl will get the idea that 1 man = some nice gifts sometimes, 10 men = birthday time every week!
Good advice. But, I've met them in person and I'm pretty sure they're good girls.
My sense (at least with Filipinas) is that if you treat them right they will take a bullet for you. Betray them, however, and they will put one in *you*. ;)
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

We have a setup where we send a dozen roses and/or a Christian Filipina T-shirt, for members of our site to their lady. It's just starting but it's getting good reception. If you want to send her this stuff, call up our Customer service at 800 578 1469 with your credit card, we ship it anywhere in the Philippines!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

JimmyC wrote:My sense (at least with Filipinas) is that if you treat them right they will take a bullet for you. Betray them, however, and they will put one in *you*. ;)
Absolutely. Kindness makes their clothes fall off :lol:
It blows my mind, after my experiences with American women who view nice guys as weak.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I just found out that my Filipina friend just got the Easter candy. It just took 2 months to get there.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Hero wrote:I just found out that my Filipina friend just got the Easter candy. It just took 2 months to get there.
A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.

I used the USPS for shipping.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Array9 wrote:A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.
I sent it to Cebu. Don't know what the freaking hold up was. I'll never ship anything from the USA to a foreign country again.
Bill
Freshman Poster

Post by Bill »

For Christmas I sent my fiance a watch from there and was surprised that it got to her house in three days. I was thinking it was going to be late!
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Hero wrote:
Array9 wrote:A few years ago I sent a package of chocolate and nice soaps for a friend in Ozamis, Mindanao. It took almost six months to arrive there. I think it all depends on where your girl lives. Sending anything to big cities like Manila or Cebu city should take 7-10 days. In the province, it can take 14-30 days.
I sent it to Cebu. Don't know what the freaking hold up was. I'll never ship anything from the USA to a foreign country again.

I ship to non-US countries almost every weekday for my business.

Here is the Cliff's Notes version:
1. Use Priority Mail (but not the Small Flat Rate Box or Flat Rate Envelope when mailing to second and third world countries.
2. Or use First Class Registered Mail. It is slower but very secure.