How to Spot Fake, Fraud, and Scam Profiles in Online Dating

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Rock wrote:Thanks Kai. Interesting new guide u started here.

That one gal is a tranny, no ifs and or buts. She's more obvious than most. Jawline and overall look is a dead giveway. Even Rumor Willis doesn't have a jaw like that.

As for Viet girl, I don't see the hotness so if all u guys think she's an 8 or above, I'm not seeing it.
Who is Rumor Willis?

We all know if she was 6' you would call her a 10. :lol:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Johnny1975 wrote:What I find amazing is that Kai has actually posted something intelligent for once. Well done. I didn't know you had it in you. Yes we should have more stuff like this.

And this :

http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-11111.html
Sarcasm detector broken?

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'm just messing with you Kai. This is a good thread. That chimp has some big motherfu cking balls.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Halwick wrote:Kai1275, great info and thanks for your efforts!

Wish I knew how to paste this picture and text, but here's a link to the profile of a 23-year old Ukrainian girl on AFA:
http://www.loveme.com/women/info134861.htm

Any red flags in this profile? My initial thought is she's had lots of plastic surgery and is a hoe.
This woman used some photoshopping in her photos for sure. Notice how in the first photo her eyes look blue? Her profile says they should be brown. I would ask her for a regular photo and not a glamorshot one to see if she is bullshitting you. If she acts flaky about it, forget her. When I get to the social engineering parts of the guide I will explain that further.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

kai1275 wrote:

Wish I knew how to paste this picture and text, but here's a link to the profile of a 23-year old Ukrainian girl on AFA:

Any red flags in this profile? My initial thought is she's had lots of plastic surgery and is a hoe.
This woman used some photoshopping in her photos for sure. Notice how in the first photo her eyes look blue? Her profile says they should be brown. I would ask her for a regular photo and not a glamorshot one to see if she is bullshitting you. If she acts flaky about it, forget her. When I get to the social engineering parts of the guide I will explain that further.
Thanks for your analysis. Lips don't look natural to me either. Perhaps plastic surgery or photoshopping enhanced?

BTW, I'm not interested in contacting her, just curious about the Ukranian mindset (which I'm unfamiliar with) and this profile struck me as blatantly suggestive and provocative, unlike the others I've seen. What do you interpret in the statement: "I need a boss, if you know what I mean." Is that what Ukranian woman want: demanding, dominating and manipulative man, not unlike a pimp?

[Question to Winston: In my original post, I typed "p r o s t i t u t e" and when I pressed the submit button and viewed the post, notice the word was changed to "hoe". Why?]
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Halwick wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

Thanks for your analysis. Lips don't look natural to me either. Perhaps plastic surgery or photoshopping enhanced?

BTW, I'm not interested in contacting her, just curious about the Ukranian mindset (which I'm unfamiliar with) and this profile struck me as blatantly suggestive and provocative, unlike the others I've seen. What do you interpret in the statement: "I need a boss, if you know what I mean." Is that what Ukranian woman want: demanding, dominating and manipulative man, not unlike a pimp?

[Question to Winston: In my original post, I typed "p r o s t i t u t e" and when I pressed the submit button and viewed the post, notice the word was changed to "hoe". Why?]
No idea on the lips. Due to her age and ethnic makeup it is not impossible to have lips like that.

Ukrainian women are known for provocative dress. From what I read it is mostly harmless. Just something they do. South China is like this too. Women walk around outside wearing things American women would only wear to a club or a beach. The men are not walking around with their jaws dropped and they think nothing about it. They are just very feminine in their nature.

If you want to ask Winston a question you need to either PM him or use his Questions for Winston thread, otherwise he may never see it.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Halwick wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

Interesting thread you've got here Kai. You seem like a solid poster and I look forward to seeing future posts from you. Just don't mind some of the, um, more 'controversial' characters here haha.

Perhaps you could go into more detail about the actual photoshopping so we could better understand that.

Halwick, you're noticing the same HA censoring I noticed a year ago. I just think of it as Winston's 1984 way of letting us know that He loves us 'freethinkers' :lol:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

CerealKiller wrote:
Halwick wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

Interesting thread you've got here Kai. You seem like a solid poster and I look forward to seeing future posts from you. Just don't mind some of the, um, more 'controversial' characters here haha.

Perhaps you could go into more detail about the actual photoshopping so we could better understand that.

Halwick, you're noticing the same HA censoring I noticed a year ago. I just think of it as Winston's 1984 way of letting us know that He loves us 'freethinkers' :lol:
What level of detail would you find helpful? Like why it is not real or how to actually do that in Photoshop? Because I cannot provide the latter. Also there are easy peasy apps in China for your iPhone that automatically do it for you on the fly! The apps are smart enough to do it without completely overdoing it and it can be done in a few finger strokes. My wife knows how to do that stuff, but I don't know how much literal value anyone can get from that to be honest.

Just let me know.
Thanks for the feedback.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

kai1275 wrote: What level of detail would you find helpful? Like why it is not real or how to actually do that in Photoshop? Because I cannot provide the latter. Also there are easy peasy apps in China for your iPhone that automatically do it for you on the fly! The apps are smart enough to do it without completely overdoing it and it can be done in a few finger strokes. My wife knows how to do that stuff, but I don't know how much literal value anyone can get from that to be honest.

Just let me know.
Thanks for the feedback.
Kai,

My guess is that most readers would benefit from an overview of how the photos aren't real, perhaps with before/after. I think many of us are aware that photoshop and other editing software can be employed to ameliorate appearances, but we don't know what to look for when viewing a photo.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

CerealKiller wrote:
kai1275 wrote: What level of detail would you find helpful? Like why it is not real or how to actually do that in Photoshop? Because I cannot provide the latter. Also there are easy peasy apps in China for your iPhone that automatically do it for you on the fly! The apps are smart enough to do it without completely overdoing it and it can be done in a few finger strokes. My wife knows how to do that stuff, but I don't know how much literal value anyone can get from that to be honest.

Just let me know.
Thanks for the feedback.
Kai,

My guess is that most readers would benefit from an overview of how the photos aren't real, perhaps with before/after. I think many of us are aware that photoshop and other editing software can be employed to ameliorate appearances, but we don't know what to look for when viewing a photo.
I think I understand what you mean. I will see what else I can break down. A before and after is logistically impossible for me to obtain possibly. The 2nd example lady even though she was older should help but I can understand how her age may not help as some guys as much..

I'm married and I don't have the time to "socially engineer" photos outta real women online anymore... that is why I stated in the guide that this guide will need to be a living HA community document. I might need the help of guys who are talking to women right now online, and have some non shopped photos as well as the original photos of the woman's profile.

Let me send some PMs to some HA fellas. I bet a few dudes here would have something like that just laying around...has to be.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Ok guys the guide is pretty much done at this point in time. I won't be adding much more to it myself in the next few days, maybe just editing mistakes or something. After that, I'm done and gone. You will need to PM a mod to edit the guide. Everyone has my permission to provide input. Just add <HA> Update <timestamp> or whatever seems appropriate. Correcting grammar mistakes is perfectly fine as well. This is a community document. It's for everyone. I just got it started basically.

Ask questions in the thread if you would like answers but the best way might be to first go to the Questions and Advice subform, search for your question first, and if it is not there, create a new post and ask that question in there for faster assistance.

Good Luck to everyone and thanks for the help provided.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Thanks for the shout out Kai!

I don't know too much about Asian women so I will leave that to experts. I do know more about Latin and Slavic women though (Russian/Ukrainian, etc)

Slavic women tend to dress I wouldn't call it provocative, but feminine. Once they come to the West they tone it down a bit because they figure out quickly they are being stared at and other women/sometimes men will ask them where are they going (IE: special event), when that's not the case at all, they just believe skirts and heels is something women should be wearing often.

Even at the Mark's recent get together, both Anna and Alona had jeans on (very tight), but wore high heels... Most women in America have been come too large to pull this look off so many don't bother anymore. This is a tame look in FSU, trust me. All you have to do is hang out in any city center to see how many women have dresses on and high heels especially when the weather is cooperating.

Sites like AFA/Loveme do use photoshop and its pretty obvious. Nobody's skin is that flawless, though you won't find a pimple on most of these women's faces... But most White folk suffer from skin problems the older they get, so you won't see this too often with women under 30 anyway.

But like anything else in life, if its too good to be true it likely is, only you would be shocked how many stunning women over there do not have a boyfriend, no children and haven't been married.

Too many men spend their time complaining around here than actually doing something.

Anyway, Latin women online depending on who the site is targeting and how, will end up with mostly Morena/Olive skin Latinas. The expectations are Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru, Chile and Brasil of course; were 40% or more of the population has White skin, so these women being online is almost unavoidable.

Photoshop is there but less of an issue and pretty obvious.

Slavic women want to feel "weak" around the men they love. That doesn't mean they aren't strong women, they are tired of being the strong one in a relationship. What does this mean? This mean the long term unemployed drown their sorrows in Vodka and I am not joking. Drunken rages are not uncommon in these countries and unemployment is especially high in Ukraine, Moldova and a few other countries. This often means the women do the share of the heavy lifting in the relationship.

When looking for a Western man, they are looking for the stereotypical Western man, who looks after his family, takes care of things around the house and works. Notice I didn't say you had to be the breadwinner, its not required. But you need to be able to make that up in other places. If that means you need to take classes at the local trade school to operate power tools, then do it.

Latinas are just looking for a upgrade in lifestyle, that may sound off-putting but trust me its not. Now keep in mind that if you're chasing around provincial woman it doesn't take much to impress them, if it does, then you got a gold-digger. Speaking of "Gold Diggers" many men at their own peril write-off Middle Class women in these countries.

You have much more in-common with them than provincial woman. Some countries don't have much opportunity to advance or if they do have a job that typically pays well in America or Western Europe, plays poorly in their home country. Doctors and Lawyers come to mind, so don't be put off by women of these professions.

They tend to be smart cookies and speak English.

I swear men that want to keep their women in a fog by not encouraging them to speak English are barking up the wrong tree.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Awesome thread man! Thanks for this!

I was talking to a girl for a while that matched your initial post to a T. Cute as f*ck with MANY male admirers (they all had Spanish-sounding names so I naively thought they were her male friends from her country). She also got sexual pretty quickly and I enjoyed it when I was sexual (almost too much).

I made plans to come out there, but that got thwarted due to other job-related issues. She promptly cut off contact with me, despite talking for over 4 months and thoroughly wasting my time (we talked every night). Towards the end, when my job started getting VERY stressful and I was tired constantly, she kept complaining about how bored she was LOL. Typical westernized, entitled princess. Perfect pump and dump situation if I was able to make it out there (since she was hot).

Come to think of it, maybe I'll send her an email if I end up making it out there sometime soon. :D

I'll definitely check back on this thread if and when I decide to do the online dating thing again.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, Kai's post should be essential reading for any guy using a dating site.

I've got a bit more on scams:

Ladies, if you're reading, here's a bit about male scammers.

While these girls aren't really scammers, here's a tool to help you find out if you're talking to a bar girl.

And Kai's right - avoid sausagefest types of girls. Check out her FB/wechat/LINE/Skout profile and if she has legions of male friends then avoid (at least if you're after a long term thing).

DateInAsia is also full of scammers - 10 months in Asia and how many DiA ladies did I meet? 0.

Yeah, most have no interest in meeting men IRL, my conclusion is that they just want to chat to us guys back in farangland and get us to send them money.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

wow...maybe I should stop using DIA...... I thought it was a good site because my ex was so hot and real that I didn't think much of it, I knew a lot of them were scamers but I guess I just lucked out.

I've been sending a lot of messages, I think I need another site to use, I've been striking out for 2 months now, I get a few cute ones to message me but they're fake or just stop being interested.