Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How to spot a golddigger

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How to spot a golddigger

Postby Hero » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:12 pm

One of my lady friends in the Dominican Republic just told me that she may not have money to return to school next semester. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that sob story! Anyway, give it to me straight: is she after my money?
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm







Postby ladislav » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Money for school and hospitals and well as lack of questions about you and your interests are the tell tale signs of a gold digger.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Hero » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:00 am

Maybe I should test her by offering her money.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby C.J. » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 am

ladislav wrote:Money for school and hospitals and well as lack of questions about you and your interests are the tell tale signs of a gold digger.

Even honest women can ask for lots of money for whatever reason. You should be asking yourself "What do I want from HER? If it's sex/companionship, what is it worth to me? Am I willing to cut my losses if things turn sour?"
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Re: How to spot a golddigger

Postby chibolo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Hero wrote:One of my lady friends in the Dominican Republic just told me that she may not have money to return to school next semester. Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that sob story! Anyway, give it to me straight: is she after my money?


Very obviously a gold digger. From what I have heard a lots of Dominicanas do this. I would stop talking to her immediately unless you don't mind having an interesada as a girlfriend.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Why not just keep talking to her and see if she eventually asks? My girlfriend (I've met her of course) has told me numerous stories of hardship and never asked me for money. If you like her enough to want to keep her, then no need to abruptly drop her without finding out first.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Hero » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Ghost wrote:Why not just keep talking to her and see if she eventually asks? My girlfriend (I've met her of course) has told me numerous stories of hardship and never asked me for money. If you like her enough to want to keep her, then no need to abruptly drop her without finding out first.


That sounds like the best course of action. I have a female friend in the Philippines, who was worried that she wouldn't have enough money to visit her family at Christmas. Since I've actually met her in person, I figured it would be OK to offer her the boat fare. But she declined and said she was shy about taking the money. So, you could be right; my Dominican friend might just be crying on my shoulder.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm


Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests