Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


New TLC Show: '90 Day Fiancee' - International marriage

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:49 pm

travelsouth wrote:
pete98146 wrote:One of the main characteristics that guys should be looking for especially when seeking a wife is a sweet disposition. Why even bother if a young lady doesn't possess this trait? So the Colombian and Russian girls are epic failures in my book.


Good call Pete. That doesn't just leave Asian women though. You don't have to go to Russia for white chicks and you don't need to travel to Colombia for Latinas.


Why is that a good call, disposition should go without saying?

Which Russian chick there are two of them... I am going to assume your talking about the rigid girl. She might be just nervous, but the truth is the guy is sort of your typical out of shape White guy that 40 years ago would have found a woman to marry easily because socially and economically things were different.

Today he's searching online for a wife because as recently mentioned on Freakonomics Radio, "American Women like money, even more than looks" - http://freakonomics.com/2014/02/06/what ... o-podcast/

So even if you are attractive, if you're broke and in America that would be earning less than 50K in most cases, you are SOL; at home, single with your d*ck in your hand.

Which also proved that a majority of men in America under 30 are clueless douche bags. There is bizarre behavior on this forum; people attack Amy Webb for her TED Talk about her book and how she found her husband. They attacked how she looked and other sh*t that has nothing to do with the core story and its important lesson about life in general. Yet when this woman created a fake Okcupid profile, she got thousands of messages in her inbox. We all know men like to have sex, that goes without saying, but this proves once again that men are mainly only interested in sex, ANY sex and if she's a bully, racist moron; as long as she's "hot" men will generally overlook those horrible traits.

Could this have happen with Russ and Paola? I don't think so, being a "Oil" guy he's making at least $50K if not more and he bring from Colombia she likely has very little understanding about how the economics of America work. Russ' income is 4-5 times what the average family makes in Colombia, never mind Latin America as a whole.

He just lacks fortitude.

You don't have to go to Russia for a White chick? Where does this logic come in? As I stated above, if you don't meet a certain looks and income criteria your goose is cooked. There are exceptions to every rule, but generally this is the case and women only stop dating douche bags around their mid 30's.

In fact most women in America believe that just because they are women are entitled to a relationship on demand. When men don't wanna play ball, you are called all sorts of things.

So yes, if you wanna find a good looking woman with a great attitude then I highly recommend going to a Slavic country such as Russia.

If it was so great to date in America, men would be beating a path to New York and Washington DC where the demographics are in your favor.

In that case there as you say enough Russian, Asian and Latin American immigrants to date without leaving America; especially NYC.

But I won't do that and I wouldn't recommend anybody do it either for a few reasons -

1) America is on a onward spiral, you better exit while you still can.

2) Lots of these immigrants, especially Slavic women are divorced from their first husband sort of like was mentioned before; using them for a Green Card. That means this women need to be vetted correctly and I don't know if that's worth the effort just to save some money.

If anything I recommend you get them while they are young and here on student visas or work visas. You'll find lots of them working the various amusement parks back east as cheap labor. You might also find them working at Hershey's or so some other company since they also employ temporary workers from overseas.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles







Postby djfourmoney » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:03 pm

***JP*** wrote:What didn't surprise me at all on the show is the attitude most americans have against foreigners. They just know they lost out to some good men so they have to throw in the stereotypes. I do agree however about the guy with the ex wife. He should grow some balls cause I never heard of anyone needing the approval of an ex to be with someone. Ridiculous how his life revolves around his ex. I still haven't seen the 3rd episode so I'm just waiting to see the 3rd chapter once it's uploaded on the web. But one thing I know will happen sooner or later on this reality show is that the producers are gonna over exploit the bad more and fill more people's heads that marrying a foreigner is a bad idea.


Its easy to understand to ran that family and likely who wanted a divorce too...

He won't grow any balls, its too late. Same with Russ; but I believe for him it won't be too bad if he eventually learns that his Colombian wife to be is exceedingly expensive.

Truth is he's in Oklahoma and he's getting off easy, I think he can easily afford the expensive boots, the high end apartment and all this other stuff, its just a bit of a shock to the system, I mean at $40-50K in earning what the hell else is he spending money on, ATV's or hooking up that Tundra that gets terrible gas mileage?

I don't care if most Americans are too stupid to see the agenda but frankly I don't think there is one.

Remember and you can ask one of many people that run companies. They will tell you that the majority of couples are reluctant to talk about their relationships. They likely have had the problems that Russ had had and the other dude with the overbearing ex of not much support. When these things happen to humans, they turn inward and block much of the rest of the world out.

This is why Mark is trying to build up a community, it doesn't matter if you uses his services or not, you are welcome to the community.

TLC was able to get the people that replied to their post likely on Craigslist or somewhere else, say a forum somewhere. So they have what they have and that's the nature of reality TV, they aren't looking for perfect because people complain fictional TV is too perfect (Brady Bunch, Cosby Show, etc) and that if all the couples had no difficulty people would cry foul that it wasn't real, it was setup.

So basically you can't please anybody; conspiracy types and cynics will complain there's an agenda to trash these types of relationships because they threaten feminism's lock on social culture in America. While others will say this is a perfect example of why these types of shows should be on to expose the truth about gold-digging and opportunistic foreign women.

Neither of these are correct, the answer lies somewhere in the middle like most things.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby publicduende » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:20 am

If the romance between Russ and Paola isn't entirely scripted, Paola looks like a local starlet from her hometown. She must have done some modelling or even some acting. Her English is way too good, she must have made decent money to afford a breast job and probably a nose job and she is clearly on the show to get some publicity and launch her career on American TV. I feel for poor Russ, unless he knows what he is doing that girl will end up chewing him and spitting him out.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby jamesbond » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 am

The show tonight was interesting, there are only two episodes left. It looks like the girl from Brazil and her fiancé are going to get married in next Sunday night's episode.

Check out this funny clip with Russ and Paola where she eats some "strange" meat at a restaurant. She doesn't know what she is eating until after Russ tells her! :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnU9ZBE8KRA&list=PLb6EEuKE-oAZNhXj_88tGDEMIU4k-oL-g&feature=c4-overview-vl[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 am

publicduende wrote:If the romance between Russ and Paola isn't entirely scripted, Paola looks like a local starlet from her hometown. She must have done some modelling or even some acting. Her English is way too good, she must have made decent money to afford a breast job and probably a nose job and she is clearly on the show to get some publicity and launch her career on American TV. I feel for poor Russ, unless he knows what he is doing that girl will end up chewing him and spitting him out.


She is a good-looking Parisa. Cosmetic Surgery is very popular in Colombia, its #2 behind Brazil (#1) and she could have made it being a prostitute in Panama which is a common occurrence. Whatever the case, does it matter? You guys seem to be purity test on women outside of America but don't do it to American women.

Why would you assume its entirely scripted? As I said cynics will say its a setup, joke, not real. Others will say it exposes the industry for what it is, opportunistic women and dimwitted men.

Either way its a knock on the practice. How come it just can't be a honest portrayal of what happens? All these people are perfectly normal. Three of the women are a dime a dozen in their home country, but get upgraded one or two points by coming to America the home of thirsty and dusty men...

What is her English too good? Is it not possible that people learn English on their own, again doubting thomases, cynical, etc.

Why is that "she" wants to be on the show? Didn't they both agree to come onto the show?

Why you continuing to make sure you portray her as some sort of opportunistic, gold digger? You don't think Russ who's better than average looking guy, White which is what most Colombians want if not their own men could have bagged a girl like that? He didn't find her in a typical Colombian dating pool. If you look at the various websites that deal with Colombian brides Paola smokes them. But she's the kind of girl you would find in a Medellin disco, big deal.

Tony Bochene' wife is very attractive and he's much older than Russ.

That is one of the reasons I don't come around often, as I have said before Happier Abroad should be renamed to miserable wherever you are.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby travelsouth » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Some foreign women do well with English. Some are motived for a career in tourism or business. Some are motived by our culture and TV. None of these women seem to be talking hooker English. TLC posts on craigslist to find people for their shows. They then skim the responses for ones that seem best for ratings. Since this is an English audience they are looking for English speakers. It is that simple. I will agree that the show is scripted... sort of. They take the shots and sound bits they want to tell a story that generates interest. They could well have influenced the modeling opportunity for example. But I don't think that is the same as telling people lines. It is influencing the show however. The couple could have shot that modeling gig down if they wanted ESPECIALLY since she is not legal to work in the USA. This is just entertainment.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 pm

travelsouth wrote:Some foreign women do well with English. Some are motived for a career in tourism or business. Some are motived by our culture and TV. None of these women seem to be talking hooker English. TLC posts on craigslist to find people for their shows. They then skim the responses for ones that seem best for ratings. Since this is an English audience they are looking for English speakers. It is that simple. I will agree that the show is scripted... sort of. They take the shots and sound bits they want to tell a story that generates interest. They could well have influenced the modeling opportunity for example. But I don't think that is the same as telling people lines. It is influencing the show however. The couple could have shot that modeling gig down if they wanted ESPECIALLY since she is not legal to work in the USA. This is just entertainment.


There is nothing preventing the Brazilian woman from doing test shots for possible modeling gigs, do you even understand how sh*t works? Is she suppose to sit in her future husband's apartment and do nothing? She's only allowed to go sightseeing and spend money like any other tourist?

These women are suppose to acclimate themselves to American culture, such that is it. That is also implied with the K1 visa process and why its 90 days and not two weeks.

Sure the producers picked women that could speak English. Law's wife or Mark's wife didn't speak much English when they met, but between the time K1's were filed and approved and their first trips to America they managed to learn enough. Motivation is a wonderful tool when used correctly, I am not shocked all the women speak at least 6th grade English. Paola, the Russian and the Flip seem to have the highest command.

Yes its entertainment otherwise it would be called a documentary. There is still an element of truth and reality however and I think you're making too much of the women involved.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby pete98146 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm

jamesbond wrote:The show tonight was interesting, there are only two episodes left. It looks like the girl from Brazil and her fiancé are going to get married in next Sunday night's episode.

Check out this funny clip with Russ and Paola where she eats some "strange" meat at a restaurant. She doesn't know what she is eating until after Russ tells her! :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnU9ZBE8KRA&list=PLb6EEuKE-oAZNhXj_88tGDEMIU4k-oL-g&feature=c4-overview-vl[/youtube]


Oh I can't resist but why do I get the feeling that wasn't the first time in her life that she's had balls in her mouth....lol.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby publicduende » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
publicduende wrote:If the romance between Russ and Paola isn't entirely scripted, Paola looks like a local starlet from her hometown. She must have done some modelling or even some acting. Her English is way too good, she must have made decent money to afford a breast job and probably a nose job and she is clearly on the show to get some publicity and launch her career on American TV. I feel for poor Russ, unless he knows what he is doing that girl will end up chewing him and spitting him out.


She is a good-looking Parisa. Cosmetic Surgery is very popular in Colombia, its #2 behind Brazil (#1) and she could have made it being a hoe in Panama which is a common occurrence. Whatever the case, does it matter? You guys seem to be purity test on women outside of America but don't do it to American women.

Why would you assume its entirely scripted? As I said cynics will say its a setup, joke, not real. Others will say it exposes the industry for what it is, opportunistic women and dimwitted men.

Either way its a knock on the practice. How come it just can't be a honest portrayal of what happens? All these people are perfectly normal. Three of the women are a dime a dozen in their home country, but get upgraded one or two points by coming to America the home of thirsty and dusty men...

What is her English too good? Is it not possible that people learn English on their own, again doubting thomases, cynical, etc.

Why is that "she" wants to be on the show? Didn't they both agree to come onto the show?

Why you continuing to make sure you portray her as some sort of opportunistic, gold digger? You don't think Russ who's better than average looking guy, White which is what most Colombians want if not their own men could have bagged a girl like that? He didn't find her in a typical Colombian dating pool. If you look at the various websites that deal with Colombian brides Paola smokes them. But she's the kind of girl you would find in a Medellin disco, big deal.

Tony Bochene' wife is very attractive and he's much older than Russ.

That is one of the reasons I don't come around often, as I have said before Happier Abroad should be renamed to miserable wherever you are.


Dude, I was midly interested in the show but all I could find were a few trailers/clips on YT and those on the Opie & Anthony videos posted just earlier.
In the end I just found the first and third episodes online and gobbled them up on my morning and evening train today.

Come on, the whole thing is scripted. Perhaps some of the characters are genuine, but most were cast from local talent agencies in rural US, Brazil and Colombia.
Paola is the one who fascinated me the most, as she is basically the perfect wet dream a gringo has when fantasizing on the theme of the "hot Colombiana": hot as hell, more curves than a theme park, touchy-feely, fun-loving, hot as hell, sexy, sassy, hot as hell, etc.

In fact, at least judging from what the producer let traspire of her, she happens to be the perfect incarnation of what a genuine Colombiana is not. By the time she proudly announces to the interviewer that "she feels sorry about asking for money, because it's Russ' money...but, you know, she's a girl and she needs to buy a lot of clothes and shoes", I was at the nadir of interest and the zenith of disgust. Disgust not about portraying a completely false and unfair image of a Colombian girl - which does include her looks because she's definitely top 10% of the local stock - but because her scripted lines, or her genuine thoughts if that were the case, so closely match the most odious traits of an American woman, that one wonders what the point is with going all the way to Bucaramanga to find the same kind of vacuous, entitled bitch one can find in NYC, Miami or San Francisco. A hot chick is a hot chick, hands down (and hands on!), and her breast and nose job are top quality as we come to expect from Colombian cirujanos.

Anyway, not her fault really. It's all set up, all scripted. By orders above, the US of A need a new isolationist narrative. With so little to be proud of this side of the pond, it might be easier and more soothing to play a game of cards with the usual stereotypes and belittle other cultures, other societies. Latin Americans are selfish and degenerate, only ready to party on the righteous true Christian American's monthly paycheck.

Russia doesn't come out in a much better shape. The Russian shortie is even more interesting, as she's been cast to look exactly like a twisted morph between Samantha Knox (an evil murderer, or so the say) and Isabelle Fuhrman in The Orphan, another prototype of unspoken evil shrouded with innocence, and of ex-Soviet bloc origins in the movie.

Image

The Brazilian is a stratospheric cutie, almost too good to be true. That might have been the producers' true strike of luck, as they do look like a genuine couple. Unless, once again, they have been told to over-dramatise Kyrliam's Cinderella-style ascent into being the new Giselle Bundchen (or Adriana Lima). Who knows, really. As it happens with these reality shows, the blur between real reality, scripted reality and pure bullshit fiction, is Photoshop perfect.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby travelsouth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 am

djfourmoney wrote:
There is nothing preventing the Brazilian woman from doing test shots for possible modeling gigs, do you even understand how sh*t works? Is she suppose to sit in her future husband's apartment and do nothing? She's only allowed to go sightseeing and spend money like any other tourist?


No she's supposed to sit in her future husband's mormontologist parents house and talk about the 2nd coming of Jesus in Branson, Missouri.

She won't be legally able to work for quite awhile, so this "job interview" seems rather premature. I don't have a problem with it per say, but that's mainly because I'm not dating her. I would not want to date or marry a model, so while I don't respect Alan as a beta male I also could totally understand if he wanted to send her back.

It's hard to see a modeling agency focusing on a woman that may or may not ever legally be able to work in the USA (someday). This is just for TV.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:58 am

travelsouth wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
There is nothing preventing the Brazilian woman from doing test shots for possible modeling gigs, do you even understand how sh*t works? Is she suppose to sit in her future husband's apartment and do nothing? She's only allowed to go sightseeing and spend money like any other tourist?


No she's supposed to sit in her future husband's mormontologist parents house and talk about the 2nd coming of Jesus in Branson, Missouri.

She won't be legally able to work for quite awhile, so this "job interview" seems rather premature. I don't have a problem with it per say, but that's mainly because I'm not dating her. I would not want to date or marry a model, so while I don't respect Alan as a beta male I also could totally understand if he wanted to send her back.

It's hard to see a modeling agency focusing on a woman that may or may not ever legally be able to work in the USA (someday). This is just for TV.


Facepalm... and the US is Nation of Laws right? Just how many people work under the table in America? A Hungarian woman I was dating got a job cleaning homes and apartments (like Molly Maids) when she overstayed her 90 days and barely spoke any English. Proving there are jobs available for people that want them. The problem is they are low paying and wait for it; only immigrants are willing to do these jobs the majority of the time!

It might be just for TV but that seems awful cynical. As I said HA is extremely negative and if newbies were to believe everything that's been said on just about any subject; they might believe the best option would be to turn inward, become a loner, work 10 months out of the year to save money in order to visit some P4P paradise for a month and just wait for the collapse to come.

We have extreme virgins here because they largely aren't welcome even in their own Christian social circles, which I find strange. We have experienced travelers who for some reason always want to talk about the negatives of any country but never the positive. This is just proves its human nature to talk negatively than it is to talk positively about something.

So all we have is a series of debates on here about who's been wronged in whatever country and who's had a minor bit of trouble but overall the experience has been positive.

Not all Reality TV is fake, Mark and Anna were featured on a Lifetime TV show way back when they first married. They are a REAL couple, so how is what they experienced any more "fake" than what's on TLC? Sure there are some things for dramatic effect but generally the production schedule is already done and it might prove interesting to find these couples on the internet who may have blogs or participating on some forum somewhere.

Sigh, its Amanda Knox, not Samantha.... Again way too cynical and discounts your post completely.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ?????? » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:46 am

What about the 5th couple, Len and Alina from Ukraine? Are they ever going to show them?
??????
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 am

Postby jamesbond » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:44 pm

?????? wrote:What about the 5th couple, Len and Alina from Ukraine? Are they ever going to show them?

For some reason they are only being portrayed on TLC's website. Here are some clips of Len and Alina.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHxECHybXoU&list=PLb6EEuKE-oAZNhXj_88tGDEMIU4k-oL-g&feature=c4-overview-vl[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_dkFfIl20&list=PLb6EEuKE-oAZNhXj_88tGDEMIU4k-oL-g[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby Seduction Sebi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Very interesting. I just hope they don't let the guys act in a way that they seem like the biggest losers on the planet. Every time a show like this starts in Germany they purposefully take guys who are absolute weirdos to show that no normal man would ever go overseas to find a girl. It is propaganda at its best
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:30 pm
Location: England

Postby ?????? » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm

"Every time a show like this starts in Germany they purposefully take guys who are absolute weirdos to show that no normal man would ever go overseas to find a girl. It is propaganda at its best."

The German government pulls this shaming crap like this to discourage men, too? On the bright side though, you are closer to Russia or Eastern European countries if you wanted to go there.
??????
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests