TLC 90-DAY FIANCE - CASTING NEW COUPLES!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

steve55 wrote:I'm filing a k1 but her k1 approval won't be till September or October . I think they are looking for sooner arrivals than that.
I just found this TV show today. I'm watching all the episodes and will comment on my thoughts elsewhere.

Steve are you getting married? To who, from what country? Best of luck!

Winston are you going to marry Diane to be on the this TV show. You situation would be the most unique since you've know each other so long and you have a child with her. Good luck!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

pandabear wrote:Having watched the first 4 episodes--I can see where this show is an excellent advertisement for seeking love abroad. If it were me, I think that I would be reluctant to sign up--the couples seem like they are under enough pressure, and being constantly filmed for a documentary can only make it worse. Plus, you (or your family members) risk looking like complete idiots on national television. People who were on the show must be reading the online comments. Apparently, everyone in the country is convinced that the guy from Oklahoma is a closeted gay. Okies are probably very sensitive about being thought gay. Unless the TV network paid them a lot, to compensate for the possible national embarrassment.
TV fan sites seem to indicate that all they got paid was airfare. For many the largest single expense. you can hear in their comments from the first season that the couples thought they were doing a documentary while TLC was putting on a reality show and suggesting that the couples had just met and were going through a 90 day trial to determine if they would actually go through with the marriage.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Raja wrote:
pandabear wrote:Having watched the first 4 episodes--I can see where this show is an excellent advertisement for seeking love abroad. If it were me, I think that I would be reluctant to sign up--the couples seem like they are under enough pressure, and being constantly filmed for a documentary can only make it worse. Plus, you (or your family members) risk looking like complete idiots on national television. People who were on the show must be reading the online comments. Apparently, everyone in the country is convinced that the guy from Oklahoma is a closeted gay. Okies are probably very sensitive about being thought gay. Unless the TV network paid them a lot, to compensate for the possible national embarrassment.
TV fan sites seem to indicate that all they got paid was airfare. For many the largest single expense. you can hear in their comments from the first season that the couples thought they were doing a documentary while TLC was putting on a reality show and suggesting that the couples had just met and were going through a 90 day trial to determine if they would actually go through with the marriage.
I would think these couples received some financial incentive. I find it hard to believe anyone would be stupid enough to let a camera crew following them around for the critical 3 months. This is a very important time that a couple wants to get to know one another, why would anyone, but maybe Paola, the Colombian, want a camera in their face all the time. I'm sure TLC gave them money for plane fares, Visas, wedding money, and probably money for Russ and Paola's $1100 a month apartment while he didn't work. If not these men are beyond stupid!

I can't believe a Mormon would want his wife being a model. This was probably setup by TLC to add color, because a conservative man would not pay for something that would put his wife in front of many other men. They don't take those photos for free. She is too short for anything but teen modeling. I think the bachelorette and bachelor parties and big weddings were scripted. I would think some of these couples being pressed for time and money would have just gotten married in a very small informal wedding and had a large party later when not pressed for time.

About another reality show: I am curious did AFA pay anyone or give them a free singles tour and flight when they were doing their short lived reality show?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

WorldTraveler wrote: I can't believe a Mormon would want his wife being a model. This was probably setup by TLC to add color, because a conservative man would not pay for something that would put his wife in front of many other men. They don't take those photos for free. She is too short for anything but teen modeling. I think the bachelorette and bachelor parties and big weddings were scripted. I would think some of these couples being pressed for time and money would have just gotten married in a very small informal wedding and had a large party later when not pressed for time.
There are all kinds of different modeling. He could have been conflicted about the idea. There are forms of modeling that are a little classier than others. If the idea was that she would model full length dresses and respectable clothes for a department store catalogue, maybe he would be okay with that, but not with bikini calendar modeling. She could probably do some types of modeling for print that would not require her to be tall. He seemed more concerned with the whole modeling lifestyle sucking her in and corrupting her somehow. But it wouldn't have to be that way if she weren't trying to be a supermodel.

He seemed uncomfortable with the idea, and all too beta about it. We do live in a beta, feminist culture. If he didn't like it, he could have just put his foot down and said no, you are going to be my wife. But I can relate to being like that as a young husband. Fortunately, no one asked my wife to model. :)
Winston
Site Admin

Re: TLC 90-DAY FIANCE - CASTING NEW COUPLES!

Post by Winston »

Check this out. TLC's 90 Day Fiance series is now casting for couples who plan to move abroad to be together! See announcement and details and contact information here:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37015
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne