Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Orphans, anyone?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby publicduende » Sun May 18, 2014 9:19 am

pandabear wrote:Well, some of these orphanages can be quite unscrupulous.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-ess ... 2hdk7.html

So, maybe not.

From the article you linked...

Visitors who have undergone no background checks can walk into dozens of Cambodia's orphanages and be left alone with children described by child welfare workers as Cambodia's stolen generation.

Children are also taken away from orphanages by donating strangers for outings, sometimes overnight leaving them open to sexual abuse, investigators say.

Glad you wisened up in the space of two posts.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 am

pandabear wrote:On some dating sites, you can do a keyword search for "orphan."

In Southeast Asia, you can walk into a brothel, and pick out a girl to administer your or***m

[...]

In Singapore, you can go to a store in a mall and pick out a virgin bride--as easily as buying a puppy.

[...]

Similarly in Cambodia, apparently

[...]

So, why wouldn't there be some orphanages looking to marry off orphans who are approaching their release date?

Here is an orphanage in Pattaya

http://www.thepattayaorphanage.org/

Run by Catholics. Which could mean that the kids have been abused.

http://www.northernexpress.com/michigan ... dhood.html

LOL you're unbelievable. So you see an orphanage as yet another virgin p***y ATM?

And the fact that the kids might have (already) been abused by their Catholic carers...does it mean they'll be happy to shift from one bunch of abusers to another?

Having the chills. Some of you guys are literally being eaten alive by your fantasies.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Re: Orphans, anyone?

Postby publicduende » Sun May 18, 2014 10:41 am

Jester wrote:Jeez you're a wet blanket sometimes.

No, someone DOESNT have to fall in love first, then discover the baggage later. Yes a guy CAN be deliberate.

The point of the OP was not to victimize emotionally vulnerable girls, the point was to get a Filipina without marrying the whole damn village.

Hmm...sorry Jes, I didn't read it that way. And I may be too young and idealistic, or too old and dumb to understand. Or just an ocean apart from the "anything can be bought for the right price" mindset typical of many Americans.

Yet, I am wondering, what's the fascination with "getting a Filipina", no matter how poor, destitute and emotionally burdened, as long as she's young, a virgin and free of the kind social obligations typical of that culture?

Can't OP just take a little extra effort and look for a girl who can stand on her own feet, or take the time to understand her family situation and past better before "falling in love" (= choosing her)?

Until not so long ago, even in our Southern Italian towns we had people, usually old women with too much time at hand, who could be hired as "informants" on anything coinceivable about a bride (or groom) to be: their family status, reputation, major life events etc. There's even an advertiser on this forum called "Love Private Eye" that purportedly does that for a fee.

If the OP's restricting his views to the usual hunting ground of poor SEA countries (who could have guessed :) ), then I really don't see the point of enquiring to an orphanage specifically in the hope that the girl won't have a family/legacy to feed. Maybe it's like some of you say in the later posts, her family or some far uncles/cousins might magically reappear once voice is around she's getting married to a Kano. Or maybe not.

What you get for sure is a girl with extra life baggage, often a terrible one, and possibly subpar in terms of personality and literacy. If the OP thinks that's a fair price to pay for a better chance of not having to help her family, then let him be my guest.

Jester wrote:Creepy? Yeah till it WORKS. Then it's brilliant.

Definitely not creepy from a girls' POV. They'd be peering out, checking the guy out, giggling.

Again, it depends on what you're looking for. The idea of the Kano who turns up to an orphanage and negotiates with the carers while the girls are "peering out, checking the guy out, giggling" may sound cute, but to me it's as far detached from the dating/falling in love game as I can imagine, and as close as it gets to a pet store transaction.

Which, with all due respect to you and the OP, make me think that some of you are just too old, too jaded, or too lazy to be even pretending to like the classic dating and mating role play. You want it easy, easy, easy...at least until you buy that ticket to Cebu or Phnom Penh..if you ever will buy it, that is.

Jester wrote:My first sales manager told me a story about how in college he and his pals took a road trip to a girls college. He was the leader, led them into a girls dorm. They were allowed into the lobby only. He hollered upstairs: "I need five girls to go drink beer, down here in five minutes". He said the girls all crowded around the rail of the balcony, checking the guys out.

He got his five girls.

Who dares, at least has a chance.

That's a nice story, but it happened in the US and hopefully didn't involve any underage girls. I don't really see any dare or challenge in sweeping the places where the poorest and most clueless girls are found and choosing a few like one chooses his favourite ice cream scoops.

A challenge, and immense fun as far I can see, is to find the right one, the one who ticks all boxes, the one who you will take your time to woo into your arms...because she is worth it. Perhaps it's the rather cynical view that "all girls are the same anyway, so why bother" that drives some of you...who knows...
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 12:28 pm

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 512AA1v10A

I am 27years old man and i am planning to marry a orphan girl.Please provide the list of orphan house from where i can select a good bride

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would think that you could contact a government agency to lead you in the right direction. Good luck.

As, for all of the ignorant American commenters... Don't answer a question you know nothing about. In India marrying an orphaned woman is considered to be a wonderfully kind gesture. These women have no families to provide a dowery for the marriage, so most of these women remain unmarried and alone. It has nothing to do with abusing or mistreating anyone, in fact, this is an extremely kind thing to do. Congratulations, because you all made your selves look like morons.

In India, an orphaned woman would be less in demand, because the groom wouldn't get any payout from her parents.

On the other hand, India does have a shortage of women, due to gender-selective abortion. To the point where girls are being kidnapped and forced into marriage in some provinces.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-1 ... india.html
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 12:33 pm

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickMark ... iWomen.htm

It's an old cliché but you really do marry the family when you marry a Thai woman. With this in mind, one should take a close look at her family - and long before the time that many foreigners meet their bride to be's family, either on the wedding day, at the occasion of the engagement ceremony or at the dowry discussion. Believe me, the Thai family will examine you closely and they will ask all sorts of personal and impertinent questions. These are the people you will be spending time with over holiday weekends, the people who may visit you unannounced and expect to stay with you for days on end and from whom there very well may be requests for assistance of some sort. Are they decent folks? Do they have a sustainable lifestyle? Are they people you would be proud to introduce your parents to? I find it quite appalling the number of Westerners who have said to me that they love their in-laws to death and how they are decent people and the salt of the earth and they would do anything for them.....but no way in hell would they ever introduce them to their own parents! You have every right to ask all of the same questions to your dearest about her and her family. In fact you would be foolish not to.

Perhaps I ought to add that two of the guys I know who have genuinely happy and successful relationships as best I can see married orphans. There *is* something in that!
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Sun May 18, 2014 12:42 pm

pandabear wrote:
Perhaps I ought to add that two of the guys I know who have genuinely happy and successful relationships as best I can see married orphans. There *is* something in that!

I can only imagine what he means by "genuinely happy and successful relationships"...
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 12:48 pm

publicduende wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I can only imagine what he means by "genuinely happy and successful relationships"...

A Thai wife, and all of the great things that a Thai wife encompasses. Minus the in-law demands and other problems.

Typically, a Thai woman's first priority in life is to provide the highest standard of living possible for her parents. Her children come second, and her husband, maybe third.

Take away the parents, and assuming she has no children, then you move up to first, by default.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Jester wrote:
pandabear wrote:
On some dating sites, you can do a keyword search for "orphan."

Which dating sites do you know of that have keyword searches?

Thailovelinks, and the others that use the same software. You can search for virgins, orphans, or anything else you desire.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 1:05 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:why arent more guys going the virgin vietnamese wife route in singapore? Vietnamese women are hot

http://www.lifepartnermatchmaker.com/

Life Partner Matchmaker Pte Ltd was incorporated with Eva Management, established since 04.04.1996 in Singapore. Life Partner was the founder of Vietnamese brides in Singapore providing beautiful virgin Vietnamese brides to Singapore men, Malaysian men, Hong Kong men, Brunei men, Taiwan men and others Asian men. Life Partner Matchmaker is the only cupid in Singapore specializing in beautiful virgin Vietnamese brides for Asian men.

Hundreds of successful stories from busy professional to blue collar workers cannot be wrong, why wait? Let the professional help you. Visit us today for more discussion

I don't know why he wouldn't want a White man's money. His isn't the only show in town, but I think that he is the only one who offers guaranteed virgins.

Business seems to be down.

http://vietnameselanguage.wordpress.com ... o-get-now/

Here is one who deals in USA and Canada

http://www.qq-99.com/en/

You can see several Vietnamese ladies who are awaiting in Singapore. But, I don't think that there is a virginity guarantee.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Indian bachelors are contacting orphanages:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/worl ... 440389.ece
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby publicduende » Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm

pandabear wrote:
publicduende wrote:
pandabear wrote:

A Thai wife, and all of the great things that a Thai wife encompasses. Minus the in-law demands and other problems.

Typically, a Thai woman's first priority in life is to provide the highest standard of living possible for her parents. Her children come second, and her husband, maybe third.

Take away the parents, and assuming she has no children, then you move up to first, by default.

I am trying to understand your line of thinking here. You think it's such an important thing to be your gf/wife's absolute centre of attention, that you won't mind accepting a woman who is scarred for life from the lack of a nurturing family, and possibly the impact of a few traumatic experiences (that, given what one reads about orphanages and care homes in poor SEA communities)?

I know I am a minority here, but I still believe a balanced relationship is one where both parties have a healthy circle of people who care for them and whom they care for. Any girl worth her salt should be able to love her close family, her husband and her children. I wouldn't want to classify who comes first, second and third, as they are different kinds of love.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Women who are scarred for life need love, too.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sun May 18, 2014 1:51 pm

orpahns are overrated. Id still rather be back with my bargirl than this current orphan filipina. Your simplyfinging things too much tehre is looks, attitude, emotional baggage, sexuality, charisma, interests, style.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby pandabear » Sun May 18, 2014 11:28 pm

For a brief romance, obviously the bar girl would be the way to go. They're professionals, and good at what they do. Otherwise, they wouldn't make a living at it.

Okay, some of these orphanages don't look so good.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peo ... 38171.html

You might not even get a genuine orphan, and still be on the hook for supporting her family.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Mon May 19, 2014 6:20 am

pandabear wrote:
Jester wrote:
pandabear wrote:
On some dating sites, you can do a keyword search for "orphan."

Which dating sites do you know of that have keyword searches?

Thailovelinks, and the others that use the same software. You can search for virgins, orphans, or anything else you desire.

Thanks!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women