Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Girls in America who take a "Purity Pledge"

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Girls in America who take a "Purity Pledge"

Postby jamesbond » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Check out this documentary which profiles several girls who have taken a "purity pledge."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4xqZdsGo0[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby RickyRetardo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:11 pm

I think it's fine if someone decides not to have sex before marriage. But I think these purity pledges are manipulative and I don't doubt that there is some coercion and shaming involved.

I also wonder how may of these "pledges" end up breaking the pledge a year or three later.

Seems like a huge waste of time. The fathers should be teaching their daughters how to function in the world, not worrying so much about their "purity". That's what I think.
Let's get together and feel alright.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Scanned through it.

Where the girl is talking about how her mom said she had "trusted her", right there that was the mistake. Girls are made to yield to a man, so letting them go on "dates" and "trusting" them to say no to what their hormones scream for, is laughably stupid. The Bible goes farther, says not to let your daughter have a window ("lattice") in her room. In other words so she can't be romanced without going through the father.

So I suppose the pledge is a good idea. I think the Catholic world does exactly this in the Quincenera ceremony for girls at age 15, and indeed I think virginity rates are higher in Southern Europe than Northern Europe. (Once again we have an example of Protestants having to re-invent something Catholics got right all along.)

Also it was beautiful to see a father speaking words of blessing and cherishing her daughter. That has got to be good! For a son or a daughter. Mormons and Jews have such a tradition, I would like to know more about it.

Nevertheless don't get hung up on being a White-Knight. If there is a shopgirl, or a random chick around who is NOT being guarded by dear Dad, well feel free to sweep her off her feat. You have every right to be the guy who picks the fruit that is available for picking.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Purity Pledge

Postby Vegascook » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 am

I've met a lot of women who took so called "purity pledges." The general consensus among them was that blowjobs didn't count as sex and that they didn't know how many men they had given blowjobs to. I just think it's idiotic for someone to take a purity pledge and then claim oral sex doesn't count as sex. Many of the women who take this farce of a pledge are in fact bigger sluts than cheerleaders who bang the entire football team. A pledge is your word of honor and well most Americans are clueless as to what honor actually is. Deceit, dishonesty, manipulation, and sinfulness are held in higher regard in this country than being a morally decent person. Taking a purity pledge with no intention of honoring it is simply pretentious hypocrisy and that's probably giving the woman too much credit even!
Vegascook
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:05 pm

RickyRetardo wrote:I think it's fine if someone decides not to have sex before marriage. But I think these purity pledges are manipulative and I don't doubt that there is some coercion and shaming involved.

I also wonder how may of these "pledges" end up breaking the pledge a year or three later.

Seems like a huge waste of time. The fathers should be teaching their daughters how to function in the world, not worrying so much about their "purity". That's what I think.

I saw a story on the news that said 80% of girls who take a "purity pledge" break it before they get married.

Personally I think this whole "purity pledge" is creepy and is further proof that puritanism is still alive and well in the united states. No other country in the world does "purity pledges."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA-hF0yr3wg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIqG8odfRHI[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:15 pm

These might as well just be called Blowjob Pledges.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 am

This video talks about the fact that "purity pledges" don't work.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifHUCtBnn_c[/youtube]

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby publicduende » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:38 am

If a girl is really "pure", she:

1) won't have to boast it, let alone with a joint ceremony with Daddy;
2) will live her condition with a mix of serenity and pain - it isn't easy for a teenager to apply maximum restraint when hormones like to run like wild horses;
3) will (probably) be a smart, intellectual type who is able to reason about what real freedom of choice (including virginity) means to her - a good girl and probably marriage material yet, by your definition, a "feminist" to avoid like the plague.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Re: Girls in America who take a "Purity Pledge"

Postby Archangel_hawksnest » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:21 am

"Purity Pledge" is code for women who think they have a golden vagina. this is nothing more than a scam to suckers. I'm sure these same women would drop their panties in a New York minute for a rock star or celebrity.
Archangel_hawksnest
Freshman Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 am

Females just go where the wind blows them, so thinking some none-binding commitment will change their behavior in the slightest within a corrupt society is silly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Postby Jester » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:33 am

Ghost wrote:These might as well just be called Blowjob Pledges.

-1 for being a cynical SOB but :lol:
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:37 am

Ceremonies mean something to girls.

Do a study of girls who were raised with a vigilant, protective father, and who had a Protestant-Christian purity-pledge ceremony OR a Catholic-Christian Quinceanera.

Compare them to girls who were raised by single mom and had neither ceremony.

Loss of virginity? NO. MOST girls give it up before the Big Day.

Rather, compare "NOTCH COUNT". I think you'll find that notch counts are way lower when a girl is taught to value herself.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women