Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Girls who give terse responses on dating sites

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Girls who give terse responses on dating sites

Postby fightforlove » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 pm

This is an issue that I'd like to get some more opinions of, especially from you guys who have tried online dating quite extensively.

I've been getting back into American online game (match, eharmony, okc). I write a 3-6 sentence creative, positive, and inquisitive intro message and sign my name. I often get these very brief, one sentence or one word responses and they don't tell me their name. I asked one person about this, they said these girls are curious about you, they're just waiting for you to take initative (as if opening them with an email wasn't enough initiative already?). Even a few girls on paid sites like match.com are doing this. Should I bother responding to these brief responses, or just consider them attention whores and 'next' them? Or, is there a "game-of-few-words" you can play with a terse girl and still get her number/get her on a date?
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco







Re: Girls who give terse responses on dating sites

Postby Anatol » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:41 pm

fightforlove wrote:<> <> <>


Hello,

Da*ing is immoral! What business does one have talking to multiple females, especially alone in a restaurant??? This is completely wrong!
Anatol
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:12 am

Re: Girls who give terse responses on dating sites

Postby hammanta » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 pm

fightforlove wrote:This is an issue that I'd like to get some more opinions of, especially from you guys who have tried online dating quite extensively.

I've been getting back into American online game (match, eharmony, okc). I write a 3-6 sentence creative, positive, and inquisitive intro message and sign my name. I often get these very brief, one sentence or one word responses and they don't tell me their name. I asked one person about this, they said these girls are curious about you, they're just waiting for you to take initative (as if opening them with an email wasn't enough initiative already?). Even a few girls on paid sites like match.com are doing this. Should I bother responding to these brief responses, or just consider them attention whores and 'next' them? Or, is there a "game-of-few-words" you can play with a terse girl and still get her number/get her on a date?


Perhaps you should try OurTime.com. I heard the attrition rate is a lot less :wink:

If they respond back IMO they have at least bare minimum interest in you. A profile usually says it all. If they have something creative and significant on their profile that perpetuates a vibe of being genuine and sincere then I'd give them a chance to enhance the convo. If they have something like "Just ask me" or "Just trying it out" or something short and thoughtless I'd next them right away.
hammanta
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Postby fightforlove » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:05 pm

I've tried to pry a little more out of a few of these girls, but still no dice. I'm guessing most are attention whores, but I sense some are on the fence and can be persuaded by persistence.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby Ghost » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Get some tattoos, say you have a prison record, and fake a history of violence. You'll get responses for sure. That's the level it has degraded to.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:29 am

fightforlove wrote:I've tried to pry a little more out of a few of these girls, but still no dice. I'm guessing most are attention whores, but I sense some are on the fence and can be persuaded by persistence.


I just finished closing my POF acocunt for the n-teenth time here in Oklahoma, and the women are not articulate whatsoever. It's so boring speaking to them due to their tersely-succinct responses. I think you have the right idea that they are primarily attention w.hores. I had one chick I've met on POF just to add me to her Facebook and to send out statuses and paraphernalia ad-nausem on her timeline. It's the wackest, most self-egregious shit ever.

Take heed to the creed:

#Passport --> #Visa --> #Ticket --> #SeeYa :-D
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby fightforlove » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Irizarry, talk to those Oklahoma girls about Sooner football and tell them you're a "southern gentleman". Southern belles eat that stuff up, I hear.

I'm trying match.com now. Better quality-looking women than POF/OKC, but still some attention-whoring for sure. Lots of inactive profiles too. Lots of girls who read my messages, but don't even view my profile. I've had a few dates so far, it's a step up from the free sites.

Eharmony, also some better quality, but mostly older/career women, lots of inactive profiles, things tend to stall during the guided communication stages. I've had 3 dates and 6-7 other girls who flaked after the 3-step communication stage. Eharmony's core philosphy of "matching" is modeled off of the American/Egalitarian/Liberalism model: they want to match you with the female version of yourself, on paper. I played around with my match settings, but it seems like you're still barred from a lot of others by age/ethnicity/education level on there.

I got nowhere with POF girls, I think they're just bored with their facebooks, or looking for a wannabe-thug to bang. I had to search and search just to find 1 decent, non-whale woman on OKC here in Chicago.

Maybe it's time to set up a profile on Latin/Mexican/ColombianCupid and see what my prospects are.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby matthewcoury » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Ghost wrote:Get some tattoos, say you have a prison record, and fake a history of violence. You'll get responses for sure. That's the level it has degraded to.


you'd be surprised man.....i live in oklahoma and having a violent criminal history makes absolutely no difference anymore......women are completely screwed up here....im moving to bosnia its so bad
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:31 am

Postby Jester » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:20 pm

matthewcoury wrote:
im moving to bosnia its so bad



Welcome to the forum!

HA member GSJackson was in Bosnia this year, had some "luck" there I believe.

Good luck to you!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Girls who give terse responses on dating sites

Postby MrMan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 pm

Maybe they are responding from their phones or have a lot of messages to respond to. If they are pretty, they may get lots of responses. You could try the less attractive, fatter girls and see if they give you longer responses to test my hypothesis.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:15 am

matthewcoury wrote:
Ghost wrote:Get some tattoos, say you have a prison record, and fake a history of violence. You'll get responses for sure. That's the level it has degraded to.


you'd be surprised man.....i live in oklahoma and having a violent criminal history makes absolutely no difference anymore......women are completely screwed up here....im moving to bosnia its so bad


Interesting. How did you decide on Bosnia?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby matthewcoury » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:52 am

i actually have an animation studio there.....we got a deal with walmart to put our christian animations in and that should give us plenty of money for me to move over there :) plus i met two girls within three days when i was there last time and one of them became my girlfriend......so i have no reason not to go back and every reason to go back
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:31 am

Postby fightforlove » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:04 pm

So, I've tried to push through with three girls this week who were giving luke-warm responses, 2 of them I asked out/offered them my number. Two of them just ignored me and another wrote me back a friendly, albeit arrogant message saying that she doesn't want to date someone who lives in a suburb 45min away, but would meet me for a friendly coffee chat if I ever come into downtown. :D (actually, I do go downtown 3-4 days a week, but city snobs are not my cup of tea, next.)

My theory is that some of these girls have at least some attraction, but also have some reservation.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby Jester » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:33 pm

fightforlove wrote:...another wrote me back a friendly, albeit arrogant message saying that she doesn't want to date someone who lives in a suburb 45min away, but would meet me for a friendly coffee chat if I ever come into downtown. :D (actually, I do go downtown 3-4 days a week, but city snobs are not my cup of tea, next.)



This doesn't sound bad. She seems to be open for a hookup.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby ari » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:32 pm

In instead of being called plenty of fish it should be renamed plenty of whales LOL. I agree these women there are looking for thugs or just FB friends. The more of a piece of shit one is the more these women are attracted to you. Good observations about that site here
ari
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 am


Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest