I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questions

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questi

Post by Devil Dog »

hammanta wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I remember on dateinasia there was a very limited amount of vietnamese women. So i figured that was a measure of how interested. Indonesia also has low amount too for the sheer population size. Fili has a lot more women per population. So if we use that as a measure indonesia and vietnamese are similiar and much harder to get than fili women but the government and visas and strictness make it hard to enjoy oneself in vietnam. Vietnamese are very pretty though. but for me looks isn't everything I have to enjoy the personality and i seem to click with girls from the less chinese orientated socieities.
nlp, your Post/knowledge ratio is off the chart. Time after time I see you post things based upon "seems like" or "I heard" and you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I spent time in a city in Vietnam which has a population just shy of 500,000. This is not a tourist city, and people there looked at me and treated me like I was a rock star. I checked to see how many profiles from this town are on DIA. Zero. Nearby town of about 200000: Zero. Another nearby town of about 400000: Zero.

This PROVES that Vietnamese women don't use DIA much, and it proves nothing else.

To say that Vietnamese women have no interest in men or western men is ridiculously incorrect. I can say that based upon spending over 10 weeks in Vietnam over the last 2 years.
I like the sound of this. How big of a problem is speaking only English there?
I think it is the biggest problem. The area I am talking about is in the Central Highlands and most there do not speak ANY English. There are many ethnics who don't even speak good Vietnamese. I helped a Vietnamese teacher who has a private English language school by giving some classes for him. Younger people and more-educated people are more likely to speak passable English. It is a barrier without a doubt. An adult class of 6 students which I taught had 3 single women in it who could speak a little English. One was homely, one was 45 years old, and one was 25 and a solid 7 IMO. So that sample indicates to me that there is probably a large enough base in a town of 400,000+ that one could work with.

I will note that I don't think this area would be good for trying to get a bang count. You are going to be VERY visible and your activities will be noticed. I think it would be good if you are looking for a wife or LTR.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

devildog wrote:I think it is the biggest problem. The area I am talking about is in the Central Highlands and most there do not speak ANY English. There are many ethnics who don't even speak good Vietnamese. I helped a Vietnamese teacher who has a private English language school by giving some classes for him. Younger people and more-educated people are more likely to speak passable English. It is a barrier without a doubt.
I actually see it as an advantage, the less desperate competing chumps the better.
Spending some time learning some of the language before hand is worth it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

droid wrote:
devildog wrote:I think it is the biggest problem. The area I am talking about is in the Central Highlands and most there do not speak ANY English. There are many ethnics who don't even speak good Vietnamese. I helped a Vietnamese teacher who has a private English language school by giving some classes for him. Younger people and more-educated people are more likely to speak passable English. It is a barrier without a doubt.
I actually see it as an advantage, the less desperate competing chumps the better.
Spending some time learning some of the language before hand is worth it.
Agreed. It is a matter of what you are looking for. There is very little competition but many women will speak zero English and if you have only rudimentary abilities with Vietnamese it will lead to some labored attempts to communicate.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Devil Dog wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:I remember on dateinasia there was a very limited amount of vietnamese women. So i figured that was a measure of how interested. Indonesia also has low amount too for the sheer population size. Fili has a lot more women per population. So if we use that as a measure indonesia and vietnamese are similiar and much harder to get than fili women but the government and visas and strictness make it hard to enjoy oneself in vietnam. Vietnamese are very pretty though. but for me looks isn't everything I have to enjoy the personality and i seem to click with girls from the less chinese orientated socieities.
nlp, your Post/knowledge ratio is off the chart. Time after time I see you post things based upon "seems like" or "I heard" and you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I spent time in a city in Vietnam which has a population just shy of 500,000. This is not a tourist city, and people there looked at me and treated me like I was a rock star. I checked to see how many profiles from this town are on DIA. Zero. Nearby town of about 200000: Zero. Another nearby town of about 400000: Zero.

This PROVES that Vietnamese women don't use DIA much, and it proves nothing else.

To say that Vietnamese women have no interest in men or western men is ridiculously incorrect. I can say that based upon spending over 10 weeks in Vietnam over the last 2 years.

You're the first person to make such claims about vietnam. Even the hookers are difficult there cause of the government.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

droid wrote:Well so far there are some preliminary conclusions. I post this so you don't waste your money and time. I still have to wait for further data since it's still vacation time and traffic seems low.

FC:
Bombarded by older delusional ones. It can get depressing.
However, about five cute young ones have sent messages and responded, albeit with lazy one-liners. only one seems genuinely enthusiastic.
I have about eighty on my favorites (8+) list, but most non-busted ones will not send you interest, surprise surprise.

VC:
The best site by far, I have about 300 hot (8+) in my favorites list. I've sent about 180 interests and a few letters to those, and so far about six hot girls are messaging back and forth with me. But again they are just lazy one-liners. And of course like most girls nowadays they don't give a sh*t about you, in the sense that they don't ask any question.

AD:
Again bombarded by 95% older 35-45yo delusional filis, with almost 70 messages and piling up by the minute. Man they're really busted, this is depressing. It pisses me off they think a younger somewhat successful dude has to settle or something; No Brad Pitt here but com'on.
There are a handful of cute ones from this (much smaller) favorites list that have shown interest or written, but i haven't paid membership on this site so I cant' correspond. These few are from Vietnam of course.

JC:
Completely useless. Mostly mediocre women and zero interests/mails, zilch, zero, nada. Just two messages, one from a busted fili, and one from algeria with a fake pic of demi lovato lol
Also a good portion of members haven't been active for one or more months.
And they're a lot more demanding of course, check out this delusional ex-hottie c**t waiting for a younger dude to dominate or something:
Oh yeah and the dude must be from 5'11" to 6'7" LMAO

CC:
Completely useless. Mostly mediocre women and zero interests/mails, zilch, zero, nada.
A good portion of members haven't been active for more than 12 months

Anyhow, the return on all this seems dismal, but at the same time it's not that much effort, just a few hours, so it might be worth it for the few girls that come back. Most would probably flake though, from the lazy responses they give.
I'll wait some more for the Vietnam girls I've sent interests to, since they haven't logged in for a while.

PS:
I forgot, so far I've received 9 messages on Winston's EE site, but of course just busted 35-45yos.
Human nature is pretty ruthless Lol

Yeah the dissapointing thing is all teh hot girls or the hot young girls will not actually wind up meeting you unless they are hoe or trying to get a quick visa out. They usually have an excuse like busy, or they dont reply back when your there in person or they dissapear online never to be replying to you again. The hot girls come and go and are total flakes as you find out. Online is mostly a waste of time. If a hot girl is ready to see you either she was or is a bargirl or she is unemployed or has kids. That one nurse girl was hot and was very desperate to meet me but she had been blown out by a foreigner before and she was an obvious gold digger (which i didn't really know until i met her in person) so it really is a hopeless situation. Where are all the cute genuine girls that aren't prostitutes online? And im not talking 6's. Im talking white skinned hotties.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

You're the first person to make such claims about vietnam. Even the hookers are difficult there cause of the government.

I have spent 10 weeks in Vietnam in the last 2 years, on the ground meeting people and talking to people. I have been from HCMC in the South, to Hanoi in the North and all the way up to Cao Bang in the far Northeast. I rode that circuit on a motorcycle and met many people every day. I have been been the guest in homes where I was treated as an honored guest. Oh, and BTW I was invited by women who are 25+ years younger than I am.

You don't list my incorrect "claims" so I am not sure exactly what you are referring to. Anything I "claim" is based upon my personal experiences in Vietnam. How much time have you spent in Vietnam?

Seriously, tell us how much time you have spent IN Vietnam. I think you enjoy putting yourself out there as an expert when mostly what you do is read posts by other people and then parrot that information as if it is fact and as if it is based upon your experiences.

You probably have offered opinions on what women are like in other countries that you have never been to. I keep quiet about that because I don't know for sure what it is like on the ground there. But I do know Vietnam. And I know that you don't know shit about it.
satchi
Freshman Poster

Post by satchi »

After reading all the posts above , I think I need to defend Asian woman. Well, I joined some dating website, not because i wanted to get married or asked you to help my financial problems. Have you guys ever heard about friendship? I mean, sometimes, after you stuck in front of your computer for almost a day, you just want to talk to someone? Someone who can give you some different opinions about life? Someone from the different side of box?

Yes, I can speak English, and yes I graduated from a fancy university in Indonesia. Not all of us are poor woman who need to be saved financially by you. Nope. And If you asking me why i joined such dating sites. Well, after I entered the working life whatsoever, chances of meeting new peoples are limited. I get stuck in the same circle of friends over and over again. Then I get bored. I wanted to meet new people. I wanted to know their stories, the places they live, the cultures. Since I got no time to travel around the world (again, work schedules), I joined such sites.

If you said you being bombarded by the Asian's woman, same thing happened to me. I'm getting bombarded by middle age shaggy man asking me whether i wanted to have sex with them. I mean, serious? And there was this one person, asked me to send him my naked pics after 2 weeks of text messaging. So when you said you were being scammed or bombarded, it happened to the other side also.

Here's some serious advice if you want to know whether you being scammed or not.
-Ask for her real name. Google it. And if you cant find her media social account, probably she's a fake.
-Even better, ask her for her Facebook or social media directly (of course, after few weeks, if less, you probably sounds like a creeper).
-Skype with her. So you can see her and her surrounding.

And the next thing. Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.

My warmest regards, gentleman.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

satchi wrote:
Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.
As always (it seems), advice from women is 180 degrees WRONG.

Just accept a friend-zone, and be a beta-orbiter, and YEAH, THAT'S what'll get ya laid. Chicks really dig that shit. They DREAM of nice guys who will chat with them whenever they are "bored."
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
satchi
Freshman Poster

Post by satchi »

Jester wrote
As always (it seems), advice from women is 180 degrees WRONG
oh yeah? shame for you, mister. your mum is always wrong then.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Guys have better things to do then look for "friends" online. Honestly i was ready to shoot myself when i used to chat with filipinas everyday and i was looking for love/sex at the time.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

satchi wrote:
your mum is always wrong then.
OK satchi, I admit that you're right... about that.

+1
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

satchi wrote: Here's some serious advice if you want to know whether you being scammed or not.
-Ask for her real name. Google it. And if you cant find her media social account, probably she's a fake.
-Even better, ask her for her Facebook or social media directly (of course, after few weeks, if less, you probably sounds like a creeper).
-Skype with her. So you can see her and her surrounding.

And the next thing. Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.
I agree with the 3 bulleted points, though in reverse order.

1. I am still shocked by how many men and women do not cam online. It can tell you a lot, though not everything and is a big red flag if she won't. 50% of scamming issues are eliminated by just talking on the cam: what she actually looks like; what her English skills are actually like; how educated/intelligent she is; how interesting her personality is, etc.

2. Yes, you can still get fooled on FB (it's happened to me) but you can also learn a lot about the girl, her friends, her interests, etc. That being said, realize that many girls have multiple accounts and she may be projecting multiple personalities on those accounts, so watch out for that. Nonetheless, if she is someone you are really interested, friend her on FB. Hell one time I friended a chatmate on FB and found out she was "in a relationship." When I confronted her about this she said if she found the right guy, she would dump the bf. Needless to say that was the end of my communication with her.

3. Googling her real name has some value, but I don't agree that if you can't find it it proves she is a fake. In fact, if you find it too much that would be a bigger red flag to me.

And lastly, I certainly agree that you should try not to fall in love online. Frankly it's hard not to get emotionally involved after awhile, but if you cant do it and just foster relationships you're better off. And since most guys will never go abroad to meet these girls (and the girls know it) you're certainly best off not getting emotionally involved.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
Hell one time I friended... on FB and found out she was "in a relationship." When I confronted her about this she said if she found the right guy, she would dump the bf. Needless to say that was the end of my communication with her.
This is why I quit pursuing Miss Ensenada.

Cute how unsophisticated some barrio girls are about duplicity.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Jester wrote:
davewe wrote:
Hell one time I friended... on FB and found out she was "in a relationship." When I confronted her about this she said if she found the right guy, she would dump the bf. Needless to say that was the end of my communication with her.
This is why I quit pursuing Miss Ensenada.

Cute how unsophisticated some barrio girls are about duplicity.

A girl is single as long as she is not married.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Jester wrote:
satchi wrote:
Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.
As always (it seems), advice from women is 180 degrees WRONG.

Just accept a friend-zone, and be a beta-orbiter, and YEAH, THAT'S what'll get ya laid. Chicks really dig that shit. They DREAM of nice guys who will chat with them whenever they are "bored."
I think it depends what she really means as "friendship." If it's to chat with individuals in the hopes of finding someone you are compatible with, and later pursue dating wise, then I agree with her. But I have seen girls online that only want friends, or only want attention and that is not what dating sites should be about.

As Dave mentioned, I don't feel anyone should fall in love without ever meeting someone and being around them in person. I think this is what she was meaning. Perhaps I am not old school enough to where I feel a woman needs to be like a maid or slave, but I feel a healthy relationship starts out with individuals having things in common and being friends. Over in Asia (at least developing Asia) this does not put you in the "friend zone" like it does the U.S. The nice guy persona tends to be the better route as aggressive Alpha attitudes tend to fail unless with sluts.

And to me the friendzone is as much the guys fault as it is the girls. It usually starts as a lack of fortitude of the man to step up and lay it on the line. I've learned this the hard way and still struggle with it at times. Each others intentions should be laid out before any escalates. If she is not interested then move on. The same goes with online.

I don't think her advice was all that bad. Her pointing out what occurs to women on dating sites is the reason most of the sites have gone to trash. Its nothing but scammers and people with ill-intentions. The honest girls/guys that want to try them out last about a couple weeks due to what was mentioned and probably don't try again.