Women just don't get it.

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Women just don't get it.

Post by ryanx »

Women just don't get it. Ever! She is 50.

Discuss. :)

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... -their-age
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Women just don't get it.

Post by Jester »

Nice.

“You’re not like that, though, are you? Given a choice, you’d pick the older, more interesting woman, the passionate, well-read, intrepid, low-maintenance woman.”

“Nice of you to think so,” Jack said. “But I’d go for the firm arse and tits, always, without question.”
Yup.

You have to be prepared to be the bad guy.

Otherwise the kudzoo of correctness will grow right over you.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

She doesn't realise that the interesting, the passionate, well-read, intrepid, low-maintenance woman only any value if the primary conditions of firm arse and breasts are already met.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

ryanx wrote:Women just don't get it. Ever! She is 50.
Don't believe the bullpellets. They get it perfectly well, the "I don't understand why ..." gambit is just a tactic to rope some idiot into "helping" them with their problem. "Helping" == solving it for them.
All the women I know are tolerant (will now settle for) of middle age showing itself in a chap. We quite like a late flowering, in fact: the silvering, the smile lines, the coming of bodily sturdiness after the bad boys of our youth have ruined their health with drugs, booze, and bar fights. We read these as signs that life has been lived and enjoyed making and saving money. We read them as indicators of substance job, home, car, of being substantial maybe some superannuation/retirement funds, somewhere.
I spoke to my friendzone Jack about this.

“Men online are the same,” I told him. “They say they’re after true love but really what they’re after is the 25-year-olds.”

“Maybe they think they can have both,” Jack said.

“You’re not like that, though, are you? Given a choice, you’d pick the older smelling like brown bananas, more interesting to herself woman, the passionate about things you DGAF, well-read about things you even MORE DGAF, intrepid with her opinions about how you spend your time and money, low-maintenance poorly maintained, needs costly medical work woman.”

“Nice of you to think so,” Jack said as he stifled a vomit. “But I’d go for the firm arse and tits, always, without question.”

I expressed mild disgust.
Nice self-preservation, there, Jack. Old dishrags want the change the rules of the game as it suits them.
“It’s the 55-year-old, slightly rumpled silver foxes that I stare at, the tall well-travelled well-used ones. But they don’t see me.”
So ... the shorter or not-so-travelled men don't exist in her age range? :wink:
"Well-travelled well-used" == nice stash of cash, somewhere + interesting stories to tell.

Hmm, an article that asks "Why ..." but has no comment section where answers may be provided. :roll: :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Nicely dissected there Teal Lantern. Even at this so old hag stage of their lives they are still hankering after the 'tall' ones. What a slip!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Some say men age like a fine wine, whereas women age like milk. Obviously this is mildly exaggerated, but the point still stands: as a man's age goes up, so does his value in the world, and subsequently, his dating potential. There are women on dating sites in Asia who would not even consider a man under thirty, and few would refuse a fifty year old never-married man who has his ducks in a row.

If a man makes it to his fifties either childless or with grown-up children, he'll be a hot commodity for young women; he will have ample resources and a lot of life experiences. And there are women who generally find the "silver fox" the lady mentions in the article, wildly attractive. Think Richard Gere, or Sean Connery a decade or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if women would find me more attractive at fifty then they do now, in my early twenties.

Of course, wherever there are winners, there have to be losers. Women are at their peak in their late teens to late twenties, but after they hit thirty it's down hill from there. But a man who keeps on improving himself, who never ceases to learn and develop, and who is steadily employed? He peaks somewhere after thirty or forty years of life, in multiple ways. So if a fifty year old man can get a twenty-five year old woman, he'd be a fool not to go for it. Even if there is a fifty year old woman who's equally interested in him. It's the law of supply and demand.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

It should be illegal for men to date women older than themselves. Then again, it's its own punishment, so what the hell.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

ryanx wrote:Nicely dissected there Teal Lantern. Even at this so old hag stage of their lives they are still hankering after the 'tall' ones. What a slip!
+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?