Having a baby overseas

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Travelin Man
Freshman Poster

Having a baby overseas

Post by Travelin Man »

I have a friend living in Singapore who had unprotected sex with a local girl and she became pregnant. He is not at a point in his life, financially, where he can have a baby and asked her to have an abortion, but she is not considering it.

If he comes back to USA is there any way the girl can get child support from him? She only knows his full name from his Facebook and the state he lives in (Arizona).

His situation had me thinking about other countries as well like Philippines and China. If you impregnate a girl overseas, what are the consequences?
Begin with the end in mind

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Having a baby overseas

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Legally, she has nothing on him. She can't sue him for child support as long as she stays overseas with her baby. If he decided not to have anything to do with his child, there wouldn't be a thing in the world she can do to force him. This means anything he does from here on out is up to his own personal judgement. He can do the morally right thing and take care of his offspring, or he can take the easy way out, say hasta la vista to baby and never be seen again. These are the cold hard facts.

The way I see it, if you are in a committed relationship and you knock a girl up, it's just as much your responsibility as it hers and you ought to take care of the child. If the pregnancy is the result of a one night stand with a girl you hardly know and have no feelings for other then lust, things change. If you're young and broke and decide to run, I would understand. Perhaps not the kindest thing to do, or the most moral, but I'd understand.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster

Re: Having a baby overseas

Post by Lorenzo »

I agree with Marcos. It is your friends responsibility, he screwed up and made a bad choice. Abortion is not the answer for an unwanted pregnancy if both parties do not consent. Someday if he runs it will catch him. Systems are becoming harmonized and no doubt the U.S. is likely to pass a law in the future which could hold him accountable for child support. Knocking up an Asian girl and running from it would make him a total dirt bag.