My UK Dating Experiences

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

My UK Dating Experiences

Post by xiongmao »

OK, here's a thread to log all my UK dating experiences. As some forum members may know, I did well with dating when I lived in China. Thailand was a bit more mixed.

Now I'm living in London so I thought I'd give the local dating scene a go. I think my ultimate aim is to show that I can do as well here as I was doing in China.

My dating strategy is to go for mobile apps and dating sites. I find it hard to meet women IRL. I have talked to women in bars and clubs but they tend to be way too young for me - milfs tend to go home early and it's just the 20 somethings who like partying to stupid o'clock.

So far I've tried:

Tinder: my colleagues claim to do OK on this but they're younger than me and also I find it does my eyes in. I talked to a couple of ladies but nothing happened on this. Definitely check it out and report back here, especially if you're going on vacation or travelling to an unknown city.

Happn: eurobrat told me about this one. It's a bit like Tinder but it picks up profiles of people you've passed close to. As I work in the City of London my Happn almost melted due to the number of people. Also it's impressive seeing so many alpha females on there. If you're cute and poor then just get a barista job in the coffee shop below my office and find yourself a solvent milf.

Coffee&Bagel: This is a bit of a weird app and so slow to meet people that it's probably a waste of time.

2RedBeans: This is a dating site mainly aimed at Chinese people who live overseas. Check it out if you like Chinese women (or men) but you don't want to travel all the way to China to meet them. I've had a bit of interest in this site - it has quite a few UK members but nowhere near as many members as somewhere like Zoosk or Match. Also the site design is horribly dated and it's quite expensive for what it is. Still, I imagine I'll get a few dates in the next few months.

Zoosk: I signed up, it seemed OK but I opted for Match.com. There are some nice tools on there and the UI is better than Match. Also it was good to see the analytics, like stuff telling me I was targetting the hotter women (never lower your standards!).

Match: Just started using this I actually accidentally bought a subscription while playing around with the shopping basket. But the good news is that I got it for the same price as Zoosk (around 10 GBP a month). If you play around with the shopping cart you can often get a good deal. As to the ladies, well there are a lot of members. I've had a couple of winks and emails, but dating here is hard work. Actually I'll say it was also hard work in China and Thailand, but the advantage there is that I could spend all day on the sites, not having a job at the time.

More news when it happens. But I am confident of getting dates here. The other big plus of being back home is that I can go on dates *and* stockpile cash for my next travel adventure.

Anyone got any more tips about dating back home, post them here...
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.