Romania warning

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Gold
Freshman Poster

Re: Romania warning

Post by Gold »

Mmmm... I remember visiting Romania some years ago when we at Elena's Models still had an office there (this was just before they joined the European Union, so quite some time ago). It's hard to say why these Romanian women shot down someone trying to introduce himself, but of course if he was doing it as a type of "harassment", what else can you expect? :))

I jotted down some tips how to impress Romanian women, feel free to use them if you are wondering what could have gone wrong. By the way, this can happen in any country... in Russia, Ukraine, you name it. And it always depends on the person who makes the approach first of all!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
June 6th, 2016, 10:37 pm
Adama wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Paris airport -- a major babe just laid a big smile on me. Win some, lose some.
You should have gone back to talk to her. See, that could be a woman giving you a signal right there. Airports are one of my favorite places to meet new women. It always seems like many single girls are flying around and looking to at least flirt. So now you can't say that women don't send you positive indicators. You just have to sit back and be patient.
She came and sat down by me. We had a long conversation. College girl from Tennessee, very attractive, very nice. Big Christian, who feels obligated to be nice to everyone, but after yesterday I'll take any kind of friendliness I can get from attractive women. Another cutie chatted me up in the passport control line in Atlanta, so it was a compensatory day for the ego.

American women do send out indications of interest. Never saw it in Romania, though most were friendly when you started chatting them up.
So southern girls are warmer and friendlier, just as I've experienced too. Why then in the Southern women thread here, did everyone deny that?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8325

Did you get their contact info gsjackson?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

retiredfrank wrote:
June 7th, 2016, 10:28 am
You said the women were close to being downright ugly. If that's the way you felt, then it was condescending to approach them sexually.
@retiredfrank I don't think he was approaching them to be condescending. He was just trying to make small talk to gauge what the women were like or maybe to get ideas on where to go and what to see, etc. Also as a man, he probably wanted some attention too, because even attention from ugly women is better than nothing. It sucks when you feel like you don't exist. Some people make conversation just for the heck of it, not for any ulterior motive.

Besides, even if his attitude was condescending, that doesn't mean the women will be rude back to them. I think you are projecting here. If a woman likes you, and you act condescending, she's not going to be rude. She will still be friendly. Most likely, if a woman's rude, it's because she doesn't want to be bothered and doesn't like talking to strangers. That's the most likely explanation. She couldn't care less what his attitude, whether he was condescending or not. If she's not interested she's not gonna size him up to see what his attitude is. She just didn't want to be bothered. Many women don't like strangers bothering them. They don't get lonely for some reason, perhaps they have too many admirers and friends already. Also some people are not social and don't like talking to others unless it's for business.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw do Romanians understand Russian? In Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, the people still understand Russian from their Soviet occupation during the 20th Century. But what about Romania?

However, Eurobrat told me that in Bucharest all the girls spoke English with him so he didn't need to know their language.

mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I am not completely sure, but Romania is not a slavic nation. So possibly they have no relation with Russian language.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

mentor wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 2:19 am
I am not completely sure, but Romania is not a slavic nation. So possibly they have no relation with Russian language.
Yeah, Romanian is a Latin language, not Slavic. I believe they were required to study Russian in school under communism, but not since 1989. So you probably won't find many young ones speaking it today.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Romania and Moldova are Latin countries ( not Latino but Latin). Going there to find women is like to going to Sicily to find women or to Spain or Portugal. It's the same in Odessa where the indigenous population is Moldovans and also Turks and Jews. They set the tone for the place. The women are stuck up, rude, the men are always competing against one another and everyone hates outsiders- even as close as from the suburbs.
Stay away from those places. Go for Slavic girls in Slavic areas. They are nice and sweet.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Romanian language is not solely Latin. It's a LatinSlav hybrid.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

We Italians don't have that opinion of Romanians. Sure, historically the country has been the Roman Empire's "retirement plan" with tens of thousands of Roman citizens moving there to farm land and live their last years after serving for the army or in the political scene. This shaped the language and a bit of the culture, somehow.

Let's not forget though that modern Romania is culturally much closer to a Slavic country than a "Latin" or "Mediterranean" one. With all the Romanians I have met, all walks of life, I found them more similar to the Poles or the Ukrainians, than to us or the Spaniards or Portuguese. A lot has to do with their socio-economic status. Lots of Romanians from middle and upper class families move abroad for study or work when they are in their early twenties, so their personality and behaviour adapts to that of their host country.

Hard to generalize on the women... They, really, are all sorts.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

To a black person, a "mulatto" is white, to a white person, he is black.
To an Italian, a Romanian appears Slavic. But to Slavs, they appear too Latin. Which in terms of dating means the following:
No good! Lots of horny local men, scared women, yes, all kinds are there, but as a general rule, not a good place to go and date for
a foreigner. Your chances there are very, very small, as they would be in a Latin country such as Sicily, Spain, etc.
The language is not all Latin, oh well, but most of it is. English has borrowed from French, but an average Englishman is still not a Frenchman. Lots of Greek words in English but an Englishman is not Greek because of that.
Anyway, no good, don't go. Don't waste time/money.
Last edited by ladislav on March 14th, 2020, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

ladislav wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 3:34 pm
To a black person, a "mulatto" is white, to a white person, he is black.
To an Italian, a Romanian appears Slavic. But to Slavs, they appear too Latin. Which in terms of dating means the following:
No good! Lots of horny local men, scared women, yes, all kinds are there, but as a general rule, not a good place to go and date for
a foreigner. Your chances there are very, very small, as they would be in a Latin country such as Sicily, Spain, etc.
The language is not all Latin, oh well, but most of it is. English has borrowed from French, but an average Englishman is still not a Frenchman. Lots of Greek words in English but an Englishman is not Greek because of that.
Anyway, no good, don't go. Don't waster time/money.
Ladislav, there's fallacies in your post here. To a Black AMERICAN person, a mulatto is Black unfortunately and erroneously, too. Too many mulattos in the USA consider themselves Black which enrages me because Pardinhos in Brasil and Coloureds in South Africa do not consider themselves Black.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

[/quote]

Ladislav, there's fallacies in your post here. To a Black AMERICAN person, a mulatto is Black unfortunately and erroneously, too. Too many mulattos in the USA consider themselves Black which enrages me because Pardinhos in Brasil and Coloureds in South Africa do not consider themselves Black.
[/quote]

America has no mulatto category. Half black is black. Quarter black is black. Colored and black is the same in the USA esp. the South. So, they are all black in America. They consider themselves black because they are such in the American taxonomy system. They are not living in Brazil or S. Africa.

But to a Congolese, a half white person or even quarter white is white. Different taxonomy.

My point was, that an Italian person kind of sees Romanians as Slavic. Well, this is kind of understandable because they do have a lot of Slavic influence in their culture. Maybe 20-30% because of the neighbors they have. Moldovans speak Russian fluently, also. And they are Romanians ethnically. People pay attention to differences, not similarities. But Slavs do not see Romanians as Slavic because 70-80% of their culture is not. They see them as a Latin nation which acts Latin and talks Latin. In its majority.

All it boils down to one thing: do not go there looking for a gf. Simple. Go and enjoy the food and the music. Then leave when you can. Do not waste money or time there. Simple.

Plus how are you going to talk to them?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

E. Irizarry R&B Singer wrote: Ladislav, there's fallacies in your post here. To a Black AMERICAN person, a mulatto is Black unfortunately and erroneously, too. Too many mulattos in the USA consider themselves Black which enrages me because Pardinhos in Brasil and Coloureds in South Africa do not consider themselves Black.
ladislav wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:05 am

America has no mulatto category. Half black is black. Quarter black is black. Colored and black is the same in the USA esp. the South. So, they are all black in America. They consider themselves black because they are such in the American taxonomy system. They are not living in Brazil or S. Africa.

But to a Congolese, a half white person or even quarter white is white. Different taxonomy.

My point was, that an Italian person kind of sees Romanians as Slavic. Well, this is kind of understandable because they do have a lot of Slavic influence in their culture. Maybe 20-30% because of the neighbors they have. Moldovans speak Russian fluently, also. And they are Romanians ethnically. People pay attention to differences, not similarities. But Slavs do not see Romanians as Slavic because 70-80% of their culture is not. They see them as a Latin nation which acts Latin and talks Latin. In its majority.

All it boils down to one thing: do not go there looking for a gf. Simple. Go and enjoy the food and the music. Then leave when you can. Do not waste money or time there. Simple.

Plus how are you going to talk to them?
Okay. When I was in Uganda and Rwanda, I was treated so weirdly and almost discriminatory there. I kind of hated it. AmeroBrat was in Romania, and he was bagging women there so yeah.

The U.S. taxonomy is reality that's not reality; technically, many Nicaraguans and Hondurians whom are in America should be Black then because of their former slave population which merged into the rest of the population there before migrating here.

I know what you mean, but know what I mean too.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ladislav wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:05 am
America has no mulatto category. Half black is black. Quarter black is black. Colored and black is the same in the USA esp. the South. So, they are all black in America. They consider themselves black because they are such in the American taxonomy system.
That was true historically, but not so much anymore. Mulattoes are considered biracial now, and biracial is increasingly viewed as distinct from black these days.

Also, Latinos with perceivable African descent only rarely consider themselves black and neither are they always considered ethnically black.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

"That was true historically, but not so much anymore. Mulattoes are considered biracial now, and biracial is increasingly viewed as distinct from black these days. Also, Latinos with perceivable African descent only rarely consider themselves black and neither are they always considered ethnically black."

Yes, you are right. Times they are a-changing. At least officially so. And socially, it depends on the person's physical appearance and who is observing that person and how they are classifying that person.

But to return to the original point I was addressing. The Italian poster said that Italians consider Romanians Slavic. Well, Slavs do not. Romanians appear to be acting Slavic to an Italian, but they sure don't act or talk Slavic as far as the Slavs are concerned. A totally alien race. To the Slavs.