Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Beware of flower / gift delivery scam

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Beware of flower / gift delivery scam

Postby Voyager1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:12 am

All of them without exception are scams. The girl never actually gets to keep the flowers or gifts. If the client demands to see a photo of her receiving the flowers they simply go to a flower shop, snap a pic of her holding the flowers and give a little something to the florist for allowing them to make a pic. Nothing is actually purchased.

The same is true with any kind of gifts. One agency had a wall of gifts. They would simply snap a pic of the girl holding a teddy bear and chocolates but those would go back on the shelf. The girl would not actually keep anything and be given her commission for participating in the scam.

So any time you see on any site flower or gift delivery rest assured it is a scam.

The only way you can be sure your girl is receiving anything is for you to personally buy it yourself and put it in her hand. I do not recommend buying flowers or gifts - anything until you are well into the relationship and then only on special occasions. Money can't buy me love.
Voyager1
Freshman Poster

Re: Beware of flower / gift delivery scam

Postby Voyager1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:16 am

I will add when you go there to see a girl or girl(s) don't bring them any gifts. There's a 90% chance that the relationship will not work out so you will be wasting your money. Plus it takes up room in your suitcase and could put you over the baggage limits. As I said wait till you are further into the relationship before purchasing gifts.
Voyager1
Freshman Poster

Postby Voyager1 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:55 pm

Look at this site:

http://www.loveme.com/gifts/

What a scam! Notice how they string together the two words "Forevery" without bothering to correct it. They are just lazy and want your free money. Don't do business with them! I took a screenshot in case they correct it.

They are snakes!

Voyager1
Freshman Poster

Postby Voyager1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:46 pm

I read of one case where the guy spent $100 on sending chocolates. The local agency just went to the local supermarket and bought the cheapest box of chocolates available. So the girl did get the chocolates but thought the guy was cheap because it was such a cheap box of chocolates. So the guy shot himself in the foot by using the gift delivery service. I am not sure if the relationship went anywhere.

Plus guys don't send gifts before meeting in person because you don't know if she's real. She could have a boyfriend or already be married or even non-existent.

Flower and gift delivery is just a cash grab for unscrupulous agencies.
Voyager1
Freshman Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women