Why Approaching Women in Public is Pointless

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Approaching Women in Public is Pointless

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Adama wrote:
December 12th, 2017, 8:33 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 5th, 2017, 1:31 pm
I think you should approach women in public OFTEN and get the number quickly. Why?

-Dating is a numbers game and as Wayne Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take."

-Attractive women get hit on rarely in public because most guys are too scared to do so. Your doing so shows balls and will get you success more than you think.

Now for the downsides of approaching women in public.
Are you still actively approaching women in the USA? Do you still hold this opinion while in the US?
Heck Yes!

What I can tell you is that since men have been understandably gun shy about coming up to women, the women are actually very receptive to it now. The only problem is other men or her female protectors who like to stand close to eavesdrop or interfere.

Women crave attention and even if they later shoot you down, some of them like the fact that you have the balls to approach when so many others do not.

My thing is I always approach with a friendly, matter of fact, or comedic vibe in the beginning and matter of factly suggest getting together soon afterwards. It has been working I must say because most men are too scared these days.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

"...Lots of men are starting to catch on that for many American women, flirtation is just a sport to feed their egos glory..." - well, I agree with you this makes sense...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

mand38 wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 10:27 am
"...Lots of men are starting to catch on that for many American women, flirtation is just a sport to feed their egos glory..." - well, I agree with you this makes sense...
This validation, this emotion, is all many of them want. The evil women want this more than they want to have a connection or romance. Many women simply live for this.

Attraction and rejection is their glory. In other words, they have evil for their pride. That's how they prove to themselves that they are special, beautiful, worthy; how they can get any man they want.

Good women are not able to flirt for sport, and they would not, because their conscience would convict them, and because they abide in truth and not dishonesty. A good woman is kind and truthful. In fact, a good woman would have no idea how to do this, and it would probably never even come into her mind, because she's not evil. But evil women are very successful in this, because in their mind, they are the only person who matters, because in their minds they only have to honor themselves.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy gives some good reasons why cold approaching women is a complete waste of time and why the advice PUA's give to men are completely wrong.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

^He has given good advice in the past but I can't agree with him here.

Women are attracted to looks much the same as men are. You don't have to be rich for that. As long as she likes your looks and you like hers, all that is needed is the right circumstances; she happens to not be busy, she doesn't have a bf (or doesn't mind cheating on him), she doesn't have peers around who might judge her, she is open to meeting a dude like you in this particular time at this particular place.

Are there many women out there on the streets who fit those criteria on a given night? Probably not. That's why you have to approach a lot in order to maybe possibly find even one if you're lucky. That's why it IS a numbers game.

And a woman who proves to be interested often doesn't notice you at first. Especially when there are distractions around, such as in a shopping mall. He says if she was interested at all she would already have been laughing at your jokes. Well, how can she be laughing at your jokes if you didn't approach and start up a conversation in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, approaching women is still pointless, but for different reasons. Success largely depend on your attractiveness, and that bar keeps rising higher and higher. If you're one of the few who can clear it you still have to worry about the risks of approaching and associating with women in the modern age. Why bother any more.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Western women are usually too much effort for little or no reward. Best to go for women who show interest in you and even then you need to gauge whether she'll use your advances for her own selfish kicks. Once you think the odds are highly in your favour, then carry on, but if she's dragging her feet for too long or resorting to games, move onto the next.

But you could always bypass all that by going overseas to meet women who are generally more straightforward, receptive and far less selfish, complicated and egotistical. To hell if they "seek a better life" so long as they genuinely want to be with you. Like, women in the West really go to college and university just for the sake of it. They do it in order to obtain that better life.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Zambales wrote:
December 25th, 2018, 3:52 am
But you could always bypass all that by going overseas to meet women who are generally more straightforward, receptive and far less selfish, complicated and egotistical.
I'm not sure about that. Women are women wherever you go. Using men for utility is the game they all play.

I will say that cold-approaching women overseas is generally more difficult than at home where you understand the language, culture, and lay of the land like a native. Also, women prefer to be led and guided than to do the leading and guiding, because the man doesn't know what the signs say or where the hell the nearest bar is. Home-court advantage is huge in pick-up.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

flowerthief00 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 10:01 pm
Zambales wrote:
December 25th, 2018, 3:52 am
But you could always bypass all that by going overseas to meet women who are generally more straightforward, receptive and far less selfish, complicated and egotistical.
I'm not sure about that. Women are women wherever you go. Using men for utility is the game they all play.

I will say that cold-approaching women overseas is generally more difficult than at home where you understand the language, culture, and lay of the land like a native. Also, women prefer to be led and guided than to do the leading and guiding, because the man doesn't know what the signs say or where the hell the nearest bar is. Home-court advantage is huge in pick-up.
Western women may speak the language fluently but that's where the simple stuff ends usually - in my part of the Anglosphere anyway.

If you do find a woman who is interested in you, you may think you're now on easy street. Not really. Be prepared for the next stage where you can get worn down by either their insecurities or their insatiable desire for attention. They have a habit of creating their own crypto-language where they drop hints for you to join up the dots instead of communicating with you in a proper fashion. It's like they have a fear of telling the truth or they just enjoy watching you toil to make you understand them.

In contrast, I found foreign women, especially in the Philippines, to not behave like this. They may suffer from bouts of tampo's but at least when they subsided usually within a few hours, they would tell you what's annoyed them. Far more straightforward.

I agree, it would be hard to communicate with foreign women who don't speak any English but obviously some do, such as in the Philippines where it's widely spoken. Of course, you could learn a language yourself which would probably turn out to be more fruitful than wasting calories trying to decipher western women.
minuka
Freshman Poster

Post by minuka »

I also came to the same conclusion. Day game is a joke
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Zambales wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 3:28 am
I agree, it would be hard to communicate with foreign women who don't speak any English but obviously some do, such as in the Philippines where it's widely spoken. Of course, you could learn a language yourself which would probably turn out to be more fruitful than wasting calories trying to decipher western women.
Philippines is atypical for a foreign country. It is actually easier to meet women as a foreigner there, due to low economic status of local population and English being widely understood.
I also came to the same conclusion. Day game is a joke
Yes, but it is infinitely preferable to Night game imo.

God I can't stand Night game. The insufferably loud music playing in the club, the overpriced drinks and covers, the stuck-up women who literally walk away from you in the middle of conversation, nowhere to sit, the hordes of thirsty men whiling away hours at the notion of a ghost of a chance of getting lucky. And that's in a decent club where you don't have fights breaking out and nonsense.

It can be even worse overseas. In Japan there are areas of a club sectioned off where only women are allowed to sit. Consider that the trains stop around midnight, which means if you want to stay long enough to see the club get busy, you are literally standing on your feet the entire night if you are a man, until the trains start again the next day. What a bunch of sexist bullshit. Even with that, the male/female ratios at clubs in Tokyo are more lopsided than in the States.

Best song ever made about nightclubs:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy makes a good point explaining why chasing women in pointless. Chase success and the women will then start chasing you.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This is Roosh from two and a half years ago saying men who cold approach women should be proud of themselves. Of course now, he no longer does that kind of thing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGgiBkSbaM&t=1[/youtube]

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Alexander Grace gives the evolutionary reason why it's difficult for men to cold approach women in public.

Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

It's illegal under Federal law to approach women in public in the United States. Merely approaching a woman at a shopping mall or a college campus is automatic FBI and even Homeland Security involvement, exactly like with a terrorist bombing. And they will track you down like a terrorist that even just blew up a crowded building with a truck bomb resulting in a triple; yes, even quadruple digit casualty count. And they will stay on your tail like they would a cop killer wanted for 75+ counts of capital murder of a law enforcement officer.

And to make matters worse, when American women find out that a man got in trouble for approaching a woman in public, they immediately want him shot dead immediately, publicly executed, like a cop killer being taken down by SWAT. And I'm sure many American women would even want the man taken out by a military air strike with multiple showers of air-to-surface bombs and missiles, followed by Martial law.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

You shouldn't be 'hitting on women'. Just start conversations. Just bloody talk to women as people.

Remember 'it''l happen when you least expect it'?

OK, this video is about a making a date rather than how you originally met.

@OP don't ignore everything in the videos you share. It's clear you didn't listen to the story in the video. This is clearly about a let-down date/flake-out not about not getting a date. This is.

This post is not about 'how you met' it's about 'getting the date' or 'meeting-up'. That's what I want to point out JB.

The guy's grievance is women not following through plans, women flaking out, not that approaching women is pointless.

Re "I asked them for coffee not drinks", doesn't sound like a nice girl to me.

A good girl would be up for meeting for all circumstances sober or drunk.

Conclusion; stop being a gynocentric.

Asking GIRL OUT IN PUBLIC? WHO SAYS? Does the watcher's opinion matter? Haven't those cocky 'confident' shitbags been in the same place.

This post and the video linked sound like moronic high-school-like behaviour and attitudes.!
What did I say Earlier in the post? Treat women as people, stop pedestalising. It'll be fine.