Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

New Photos of Winston, Dianne and Angelo

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

New Photos of Winston, Dianne and Angelo

Postby Winston » March 8th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Last edited by Winston on February 15th, 2014, 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby Jackal » March 9th, 2008, 4:06 am

Congratulations, Winston. You're baby is quite photogenic. It's a myth perpetuated by the media that all babies are cute--most people's babies are quite ugly in my opinion. So, you've been lucky to have a cute one. Also, your wife looks very thin for someone who just gave birth. Any white girl would still be 60 pounds overweight.

Have you decided on a name for your baby yet?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » March 9th, 2008, 7:59 am

Yes, his name is "Angelo", named after Michaelangelo and the city he was born in, Angeles City. How do you like it? Unique and cultured huh?

Plus, he is our "angel" too, literally.

If it were a girl, we would have named her Angel or Angela, so we just switched the "a" to an "o".

I agree with you that it is a cultural thing, and perhaps a woman thing, to assume that "all" babies are cute, just cause they're babies. Personally, I think our baby is the cutest in the world, even without any biases :)
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jackal » March 9th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Angelo is a good, solid, Spanish-sounding name that should serve him well in the Phillipine--and in Western countries (however in Japan, it will become "On-Gay-Row-San"). Do you pronounce it the Spanish way with the "g" pronounced like a deep throaty "h" or the American way with the "g" pronounced like a "j"?

In the bottom picture his eyes show some deep concentration. Maybe he'll become an Eskrima master when he grows up. Have you ever gone to watch the Eskrima fights in the Phillipines?
Last edited by Jackal on March 9th, 2008, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » March 9th, 2008, 4:22 pm

What is an Eskrima? Is it a martial art?

Yes his eyes show concentration. I've noticed that too. You are very observant and insightful. Sometimes I sense from his eyes that he is trying to think, and sometimes I see expression in them too as if he's trying to say something.

It seems he will be a very smart person someday :)

I just wonder whether he will have any of my negative downside qualities or not.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jackal » March 9th, 2008, 4:32 pm

WWu777 wrote:What is an Eskrima? Is it a martial art?

Heck yeah! It's a Filipino martial art that uses sticks, knives, swords, and empty hand techniques.

The History Channel had a great series recently called "Human Weapon" about two American martial artists who go around the world to study with martial arts masters. There's a great episode about them going to the Phillipines to study Eskrima.

You should go watch these guys fight or train sometime. You're still living in the Phillipines, right?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » March 11th, 2008, 5:45 pm

More photos of my gorgeous Dianne!

ImageImage
Winston
Site Admin

Postby kristy_571 » March 21st, 2008, 12:11 am

I think the baby looks the most like you. And he's got that gleam in his eye. Oh no. lol

He is a cutie. And he looks so sharp (smart)!
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » March 21st, 2008, 3:22 am

Congrats, Winston! You've definitely inspired me to find a life beyond America, too. :)
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » March 22nd, 2008, 1:15 pm

DiscoPro_Joe wrote:Congrats, Winston! You've definitely inspired me to find a life beyond America, too. :)

W: Good. Remember, where I'm at, you don't need ANY of that dating guru BS that people are giving you in that thread about why an American feminist can't get an American girlfriend. That stuff is unnatural and you can't be something you're not. They set an impossible standard that very few men, if any can attain to, but even then, results aren't guaranteed. One can't change who they are, they can only increase/enhance their desirable qualities or decrease/subdue the ones that are undesirable.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » March 22nd, 2008, 8:57 pm

swincor wrote:Just curious, Winston: are "common law" marriages in the PI regarded as ordinary marriages, and what legal obligations are attached, if any?

W: It's not a legal marriage, just kind of an unofficial thing that everyone sees. That's all I know. In the law that someone cited me, it said that if you are living together, then you are married by common law. But people here tell me that because we have a baby together, we are considered married.

Why? Are you looking for a marriage without it being legal? lol

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » March 25th, 2008, 6:24 pm

By the way folks, to view more photos of us and the baby, go here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_Di ... ivate2.htm

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » April 25th, 2008, 7:06 am

Btw, my cultural consultant Ladislav met Dianne and our baby recently, and he can attest that Dianne looks much better in person than in photos. In photos her face symmetry looks out of proportion and messed up, so you don't see her facial symmetry except in person. If you saw it in person, you'd see that she is perfectly proportioned and symmetrical, and probably a 9.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » May 11th, 2008, 3:03 am

Here are some new stunning gorgeous pictures of Dianne, me, and baby Angelo!

Of Dianne

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Of us

ImageImage

Of baby Angelo

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Winston
Site Admin

Postby msarah16 » May 11th, 2008, 7:25 am

What a beautiful family!
msarah16
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women