Meeting women; gain social access

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Meeting women; gain social access

Post by mattyman »

Hi all

If you want to meet new people, boost your social circle and open doors to meet new women, I'm sure you've been advised to try meeting people through existing friends or try and meet entirely new ones.

The steps to meeting new people are;
1. Find some new people
2. Talk to new people
3. Get contact info, arrange to hang out with any new people you hit it off with
4. Keep seeing those people who's company you enjoyed (and hopefully of the opposite sex and hot)

With step one, there's two things; meeting people through people you know, or meeting entirely new people, whether through jobs, hobbies, volunteering, meetups, hobbies and clubs, or just from being a regular somewhere. Although this advice is very sound and does yield results, your circumstances and environment will affect the DEGREE to which it does.

On the note of avenues to meet entirely new people, here are some characteristics of good social opportunities;
-They're things that happen regularly, where you can see the same faces more than once
-There's a core of regulars but new people coming and going
-There's people who're open to meeting new people as opposed to being stuck in their clique
-It has things that you can break the ice over
-You get the chance to actually talk to people (it's not a shup-up and listen thing like a pub quiz or cinema, people hang-out and don't shoot off)
-It is patronised by the types of people you want to meet (people your age, women your age in particular)

In my experience, the only social avenue that has fulfilled all of thosee criteria has been couchsurfing meets. I've met many new friends through them.

If you're at a social dead-end and dateless, it's likely not to do with you, but due to a) a poor-quality social circle who you don't meet people through and b) a lack of social opportunities to meet new people fitting the above description.

Common problems;
-My friends don't know that many people
-My friends bump into people I don't know but don't introduce them
-I've tried the things you suggested, but I only meet people my mum's age
-I've tried many of the things you suggest but they don't happen regularly enough to get to know anyone
-I've tried the things you suggest, but people bugger-off early/you don't get the chance to talk to them

This is why HA is the best option.

A) you will find more social opportunity that fits the above and b) you will find a better quality of people.
-
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meeting women; gain social access

Post by jamesbond »

mattyman wrote:Hi all

If you want to meet new people, boost your social circle and open doors to meet new women, I'm sure you've been advised to try meeting people through existing friends or try and meet entirely new ones.

1. Find some new people
2. Talk to new people
3. Get contact info, arrange to hang out with any new people you hit it off with
4. Keep seeing those people who's company you enjoyed (and hopefully of the opposite sex and hot)

With step one, there's two things; meeting people through people you know, or meeting entirely new people, whether through jobs, hobbies, volunteering, meetups, hobbies and clubs, or just from being a regular somewhere. Although this advice is very sound and does yield results, your circumstances and environment will affect the DEGREE to which it does.

In my experience, the only social avenue that has fulfilled all of thosee criteria has been couchsurfing meets. I've met many new friends through them.

If you're at a social dead-end and dateless, it's likely not to do with you, but due to a) a poor-quality social circle who you don't meet people through and b) a lack of social opportunities to meet new people fitting the above description.

Common problems;
-My friends don't know that many people
-My friends bump into people I don't know but don't introduce them
-I've tried the things you suggested, but I only meet people my mum's age
-I've tried many of the things you suggest but they don't happen regularly enough to get to know anyone
-I've tried the things you suggest, but people bugger-off early/you don't get the chance to talk to them

This is why HA is the best option.

A) you will find more social opportunity that fits the above and b) you will find a better quality of people.
Lot's of guys on this forum have tried all of those things to try to meet women. Even if you do volunteer work, take college classes and get involved with a church group you still most likely will wind up at a dead end and not meet any women.

Going abroad is the best option leaving the Anglo world behind. 8)
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

mattyman wrote:Hi all

1. Find some new people
2. Talk to new people
I live in the Nevada/Arizona/Utah/Colorado/Idaho/Wyoming/Montana/New Mexico region and find it difficult to meet people and make new friends. It's even difficult to date because gender ratios favor men. I suppose this region attracts outdoors type people and most of them are males.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jamesbond wrote: Lot's of guys on this forum have tried all of those things to try to meet women. Even if you do volunteer work, take college classes and get involved with a church group you still most likely will wind up at a dead end and not meet any women.

Going abroad is the best option leaving the Anglo world behind.
Well, let me say, you might meet women in the Anglo world, but the question is what kind of women are they?

1 - single mom, who is considered to be a hero by this feminist garbage society, living of benefits, alimony and child support

2 - woman who has plenty of boyfriends already and you are her favorite no. 5 or no. 8, depends how much money you spend on her.

3 - seriously mentally disturbed woman, suffering of megalomania, who is 'a nothing or below a nothing' but considers herself to be a princess

4 - extremely overweight woman with a big ugly mouth which never stops to tearfully presenting BS-stories about herself, a drama queen...

5 - female student who needs a boy (any age, 50+ welcome) to help with her loans and don't ask me which studies these could be. Gender studies or such worthless degrees.

6 - Outsourced party girl in her 35+ or 40+ who cannot find any date anymore, face shows clearly sign of drug and alcohol misuse.

The list is not complete, feel free to add some other specification of the 'useless girl next door in Western countries'

And yes, going abroad is the only solution I know and what I did. - Maybe there is another solution but I am not sure.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Did anyone actually read. I wanted to get at the fact that meeting new people is too dependent on existing social contacts
"With step one, there's two things; meeting people through people you know, or meeting entirely new people, whether through jobs, hobbies, volunteering, meetups, hobbies and clubs, or just from being a regular somewhere. Although this advice is very sound and does yield results, your circumstances and environment will affect the DEGREE to which it does."
The opportunities to meet entirely new people are un-necessarily restricted to meeting through people you already know. There's a lack of opportunities to meet people from entirely different circles and get into new circles. That restricts the opportunity to meet new women. This is what this post is about.