An experience at folk night

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
mattyman
Junior Poster

An experience at folk night

Post by mattyman »

Hi again,

Although I haven't announced this yet, I've been going to a local folk night down at a local pub since early 2015 and since then have really been getting back into playing my guitar and have also picked-up the uklulele and the penny whistle. The regulars are mostly older; my parents generation and even my granparent's. The pub the session's are held in has a central bar arranged like an island, and two rooms. One room is where the folk musicians are, the other room has a pool table (and what I refer to as the pigs bar). There's usually rough macho guys on that side, all the musicians on this side.

Now, on this occasion, this three drop-dead gorgeous girls came in. I was assuming they'd go and join the macho, chest-thumping morons on the pool table side but no, they came and took the table next to me and my mate. The most beautiful girl of the group (who ironically was the most social, talking to everyone) started a conversation with me, bringing-up the fact that her friend was learning the ukulele. From then on, we all got talking and introduced ourselves. Her name was Judy BTW. They were all German, obviously too pretty and nice to be working class English. What a contrast were they to local girls, not only more friendly, but made us feel a lot more comfortable, were interesting conversation.

That's not all, she and her group were staying out and invited us to tag along. Not only that, we even agreed to do a song altogether the following week, half in English, half in German. We chose to do bare necessities from jungle book just as a laugh, me and my mate accompanied on guitar and ukulele.

Now, there were a couple of times we went out Saturday night and we bumped into their group. Sadly, they didn't stay and went back to Germany. After they left, I thought that, why can't there be more girls like them locally?

If you're wondering what German women are like, nicer more health-conscious versions of English women without the foul attitude. There could have been a bit of 'holiday mood' here, since these folks were visiting to practice their English. The fact they came to a folk night, we rarely ever see groups of young women. In my neck of the woods it's mostly scowling-faced chavs acting all badass, or pissed out their face. This was such a lovely alternative