How to tell my children about my foreign girlfriend?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
hunkymen
Freshman Poster

How to tell my children about my foreign girlfriend?

Post by hunkymen »

I am a thirty five year old widower with two kids. I have a ten year old girl and a seven year old boy. My wife passed away three years ago after a year-long battle. It was a rough time for me and my kids. We were close, and spent a lot of time together. After my wife died, I decided that my family was my priority now. This is the main reason why I haven’t been in a relationship since.
We were married for ten years so it’s been a long time since I even thought about dating. I decided to give online dating a try and met someone on this site called A Foreign Affair.
I’m starting to seriously consider making things work with her. We’ve been together for about six months. She knows I have kids, and she’s looking forward to meeting them. She told me to take my time if I wasn’t ready, but I want to do this. Should I wait until my girlfriend and I have been together longer?
I can see that my relationship with her is going somewhere. To be honest, I can really see myself marrying her. She’s told me that she would be happy to take care of my kids. Finding someone to date who’s okay with you having kids isn’t easy. Would it be bad for my relationship if I keep my foreign girlfriend a secret?
I don’t know how to tell my children I’m seeing someone without them thinking I’m replacing their mother. I want them to understand that even if I’m dating, I’ll always love their mother. Any advice on this? What should I do? Any suggestion or advice will be highly appreciated.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to tell my children about my foreign girlfriend?

Post by MrMan »

hunkymen wrote:I am a thirty five year old widower with two kids. I have a ten year old girl and a seven year old boy. My wife passed away three years ago after a year-long battle. It was a rough time for me and my kids. We were close, and spent a lot of time together. After my wife died, I decided that my family was my priority now. This is the main reason why I haven’t been in a relationship since.
We were married for ten years so it’s been a long time since I even thought about dating. I decided to give online dating a try and met someone on this site called A Foreign Affair.
I’m starting to seriously consider making things work with her. We’ve been together for about six months. She knows I have kids, and she’s looking forward to meeting them. She told me to take my time if I wasn’t ready, but I want to do this. Should I wait until my girlfriend and I have been together longer?
I can see that my relationship with her is going somewhere. To be honest, I can really see myself marrying her. She’s told me that she would be happy to take care of my kids. Finding someone to date who’s okay with you having kids isn’t easy. Would it be bad for my relationship if I keep my foreign girlfriend a secret?
I don’t know how to tell my children I’m seeing someone without them thinking I’m replacing their mother. I want them to understand that even if I’m dating, I’ll always love their mother. Any advice on this? What should I do? Any suggestion or advice will be highly appreciated.
Since you work at A Foreign Affair, I assume, you could ask one of you many customers if any of them actually get to the point that one of those girls they spend thousands of dollars to go visit actually become their girlfriend.