How to open up to women online that I'm divorced & a father

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
imyourman
Freshman Poster

How to open up to women online that I'm divorced & a father

Post by imyourman »

How to open up to women online that I am divorced and a father of two?
I’ve been divorced not too long and have two kids with me. It’s been a couple of years since then but I feel like I’m ready to get back into the game and find someone.

I don’t think I have what it takes to find someone in person. I know that my age is beyond what women would find attractive. But a few of my friends convinced me to try online dating and while I was searching for some trusted and decent dating sites, I came across AFA

I’m honestly rusty with everything. I absolutely don’t know what to do and how to approach a woman online. I feel as though there are many key points I should mention in my personal information page, but I’m lost.

If I do match with a woman from abroad, I’m clueless as to how I can make a connection. How can I tell her about my past marriage and the fact that I’m a father of two children? I hear that younger women don’t find these things attractive. I’m nervous at the thought of never finding the right woman.

I can easily say that having nobody to love you after a tough divorce is hard to deal with. I would like to open my doors again to love and maybe find a woman who’s truly the one for me.

It’s been difficult these past few years of being a single father and with my age advancing. I try to keep an open mind and to stay positive. I just really need some help with all this. Any kind of advice and some tips will greatly boost my confidence. Thank you so much in advance!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to open up to women online that I'm divorced & a fat

Post by MrMan »

imyourman wrote:How to open up to women online that I am divorced and a father of two?
I’ve been divorced not too long and have two kids with me. It’s been a couple of years since then but I feel like I’m ready to get back into the game and find someone.

I don’t think I have what it takes to find someone in person. I know that my age is beyond what women would find attractive. But a few of my friends convinced me to try online dating and while I was searching for some trusted and decent dating sites, I came across AFA

I’m honestly rusty with everything. I absolutely don’t know what to do and how to approach a woman online. I feel as though there are many key points I should mention in my personal information page, but I’m lost.

If I do match with a woman from abroad, I’m clueless as to how I can make a connection. How can I tell her about my past marriage and the fact that I’m a father of two children? I hear that younger women don’t find these things attractive. I’m nervous at the thought of never finding the right woman.

I can easily say that having nobody to love you after a tough divorce is hard to deal with. I would like to open my doors again to love and maybe find a woman who’s truly the one for me.

It’s been difficult these past few years of being a single father and with my age advancing. I try to keep an open mind and to stay positive. I just really need some help with all this. Any kind of advice and some tips will greatly boost my confidence. Thank you so much in advance!

What kind of platform are you using to find women? If it's striking up conversations on facebook, she may not know if you are divorced or a father unless your pictures give it away and she has access to them.

But don't dating sites ask for details like marital status, how many kids you have, your personality, and stuff like that? Can't she search for men by a certain height or whatever? If a dating website tells you are divorced and have kids, then she can know before she talks to you.

If you are chatting women up on some other venue, my advice is to let them know fairly early on so as not to waste time. If I were single and looking for a wife, I wouldn't consider divorced women, so I'd want to have the information up front. Also, if a woman wouldn't consider something with a man who has kids, those kids are important, so let her know early on.
Andrew Ryan
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrew Ryan »

imyourman wrote:How to open up to women online that I am divorced and a father of two?

The best way is to say about such things right away. No matter where the girl is. Of course, this situation will make your acquaintance process more complicated. But look at the other side, if you directly declare from the very beginning who you are and what is behind you, inappropriate girls will not take away your time. And this is important. Especially if a woman from another country. Do not waste your time on those for whom your children are a problem.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL »

imyourman wrote: I don’t think I have what it takes to find someone in person. I know that my age is beyond what women would find attractive. But a few of my friends convinced me to try online dating and while I was searching for some trusted and decent dating sites, I came across AFA

How old are you ?

How old are your children ?

What age range are you looking for ?

Do you want additional children ?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

This is the same imposter as before. Don't be fooled by him.

Winston, is there any way you can set it so that new users can't start a new thread before at least 5 productive posts? I think that would deter these spammers.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36550

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36594
LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL »

If he is an imposter, I wonder what he gets out of this.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Every thread he starts he's pushing AFA. Don't you see that?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

TruthSeeker wrote:Every thread he starts he's pushing AFA. Don't you see that?
That's what I get for skimming... again.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL »

TruthSeeker wrote:Every thread he starts he's pushing AFA. Don't you see that?
Didn't catch it the first time. Re-read it after your comment, still didn't catch it. Then, finally, I caught those 3 letters haha. He got me !!