My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend who

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:I never understood why people care about age gaps.
Oleg Nosolov's book on women explains why older women hate age gaps between older men and younger women. Post-wall women know instinctively that younger women are at a beauty and fertility premium, thus they are higher value than older women. Older women therefore seek to shame men or stigmatize older men as "creepy" or "dirty old men" so that these men stay with women in their older age bracket. Without this stigma, older women could never stand a chance at landing a man of her own age.
I was just re reading and that reminded me of when I was in school. One older woman in her 40s told me how much she envied this other woman who was young and pretty at the time.

And when a man her age who was with us started talking about the beauty of some of the women in their 20s, this same older woman said to him, "John, you've lost some points." Probably that means she started to think less of him because he praised the beauty of younger women.

This woman was also married to a man that most people would classify as handsome with movie star looks.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Re: My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend who

Post by mand38 »

Does your daughter give some arguments against Yulia ... ?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Adama wrote:
November 17th, 2017, 8:48 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:I never understood why people care about age gaps.
Oleg Nosolov's book on women explains why older women hate age gaps between older men and younger women. Post-wall women know instinctively that younger women are at a beauty and fertility premium, thus they are higher value than older women. Older women therefore seek to shame men or stigmatize older men as "creepy" or "dirty old men" so that these men stay with women in their older age bracket. Without this stigma, older women could never stand a chance at landing a man of her own age.
I was just re reading and that reminded me of when I was in school. One older woman in her 40s told me how much she envied this other woman who was young and pretty at the time.

And when a man her age who was with us started talking about the beauty of some of the women in their 20s, this same older woman said to him, "John, you've lost some points." Probably that means she started to think less of him because he praised the beauty of younger women.

This woman was also married to a man that most people would classify as handsome with movie star looks.
Anytime a woman disapproves of something you think is fine, she is simply reacting out of self-interest. All the more reason to defy her!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

amanoftruth wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 5:23 pm
My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend who is only 4 years older than her

I met this amazing woman on this website called Loveme. Her name is Yulia, she’s from the Ukraine, and everything about her is just great. She’s so smart and funny, and we just connect on so many levels.

I’ll be the first to admit that we have a significant age gap I’m 59, and she’s only 33 years old. But the age gap has never been an issue. We’ve always been upfront with each other. We had been dating for almost 18 months before I decided to introduce her to my family. I have 3 kids, the 2 sons and 1 daughter.

My eldest daughter is 28 years old, she’s never really been open to the idea of me dating someone who’s only a few years older than her. My two sons, 25 and 23, don’t really mind, they’ve actually been pretty supportive.

I’m starting to seriously consider proposing to Yulia. I want my entire family to support the two of us. I’m asking if there’s anything I can do to make the two of them get along? Even though my daughter has her own place, she comes over fairly often, I really want us all to get along. Do you have any advice or suggestions on what I can do about this situation? I’d really appreciate it.
NEWSFLASH!
You Say: I’m starting to seriously consider proposing to Yulia. I want my entire family to support the two of us. I’m asking if there’s anything I can do to make the two of them get along?
YOU JUST LOST YOUR MAN CARD!
For asking such a stupid question. If you cannot have a relationship without your daughter' approval you are a BITCH! Your daughter should be asking you for permission to marry a man NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

You Say: Even though my daughter has her own place, she comes over fairly often, I really want us all to get along. Do you have any advice or suggestions on what I can do about this situation? I’d really appreciate it.
I have advice: Tell your daughter to shut the f**k up, and learn some f***ing respect!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

amanoftruth wrote:
November 14th, 2017, 5:23 pm
My 28 year old daughter doesn’t approve of my girlfriend who is only 4 years older than her

I met this amazing woman on this website called Loveme. Her name is Yulia, she’s from the Ukraine, and everything about her is just great. She’s so smart and funny, and we just connect on so many levels.

I’ll be the first to admit that we have a significant age gap I’m 59, and she’s only 33 years old. But the age gap has never been an issue. We’ve always been upfront with each other. We had been dating for almost 18 months before I decided to introduce her to my family. I have 3 kids, the 2 sons and 1 daughter.

My eldest daughter is 28 years old, she’s never really been open to the idea of me dating someone who’s only a few years older than her. My two sons, 25 and 23, don’t really mind, they’ve actually been pretty supportive.

I’m starting to seriously consider proposing to Yulia. I want my entire family to support the two of us. I’m asking if there’s anything I can do to make the two of them get along? Even though my daughter has her own place, she comes over fairly often, I really want us all to get along. Do you have any advice or suggestions on what I can do about this situation? I’d really appreciate it.
NEWSFLASH!
You Say: I’m starting to seriously consider proposing to Yulia. I want my entire family to support the two of us. I’m asking if there’s anything I can do to make the two of them get along?
YOU JUST LOST YOUR MAN CARD!
For asking such a stupid question. If you cannot have a relationship without your daughter' approval you are a BITCH! Your daughter should be asking you for permission to marry a man NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

You Say: Even though my daughter has her own place, she comes over fairly often, I really want us all to get along. Do you have any advice or suggestions on what I can do about this situation? I’d really appreciate it.
I have advice: Tell your daughter to shut the f**k up, and learn some f***ing respect!