Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Is it possible to be happily settled-down?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

mattyman
Freshman Poster

Is it possible to be happily settled-down?

Post by mattyman » February 4th, 2018, 6:18 am

I only ask this question because of ll my mates who are now settled down with families, their lives look like misery and slavery. One thing we look forward to in a relationship is to be comfortable & fully accepted for who we are with someone you also find attractive. Nobody looks to feel enslaved. We want the companionship and someone to share our lives with, we don't want to be stuck with our own company. At the same time, we don't want the sort of relationship that makes us feel trapped and enslaved.

On thing I've realized on observation; work doen't stop on finding a partner. There are obviously tons and tons of things that can be done to prevent that sort of relationship. Part of me is put off about settling down, part of my thinks that an LTR is possible, as long as it adheres to some guidelines & that I don't make the mistakes that some people are making.

If you've been single for a long time and complained about loneliness, chances are you've been told to 'love your own company'. Chances are, this comes from people who've been in unhappy relationships and who think that their own experiences=ALL relationships anyone could have are all bad. Rather than give a load of pessimism about all relationships, why not acknowledge any mistakes that were made which you and the person you're advising could learn from. If not, such people should say nothing at all.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Yohan
Veteran Poster

Re: Is it possible to be happily settled-down?

Post by Yohan » February 4th, 2018, 5:39 pm

mattyman wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 6:18 am
I only ask this question because of ll my mates who are now settled down with families, their lives look like misery and slavery. One thing we look forward to in a relationship is to be comfortable & fully accepted for who we are with someone you also find attractive...
For sure in the Western world as a man to settle down with a local girl next door is tantamount to slavery.

However this is not really the case if you decide to move out to elsewhere in this world and you settle down with a foreign woman in her own country.

This HA-Forum is encouraging Western men to relocate and to look out for foreign women. Likely a way of life-style worth a consideration.