Back from the Philippines and engaged now...

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Back from the Philippines and engaged now...

Post by CannedHam »

redfeather wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 1:25 pm
The K1 process takes anywhere from 7-10 months to complete, and then you have the 90 day period to be together in the USA. So, either person could back out or change their mind during this waiting time. We have been seeing each other for 5 months prior to my leaving, so from the time we met until we might be married will be more than 1.5 years. I know alot of men are doing the MGTOW in America, and I agree with them if they only have AW to try to choose from. The one thing that traveling overseas has done for me is it has awakened my eyes to how messed up our dating and relationship culture is in America.
Don't forget the AOS after marriage, which is taking upwards of a year in some locations. The process has really become a slog in recent years.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

redfeather wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 3:49 am
I had a very successful trip to the Philippines, and I returned engaged to my girlfriend. I will be doing the K1 visa on her before the end of October. You want to know about the Philippines, so I will tell you what I observed. The Philippines is a American man's dating paradise. I was hit on by several women even when I was with my girlfriend. If you are a white guy and not too over weight the women will be all over you. It is extremely easy to talk to women and get dates. I found the filipina women to be very warm and outgoing, and they have this soft enjoyable disposition about them that I have never seen in American women ever. I saw no over weight obese people, and the filipina women are mostly thin and feminine. I would tell you to make plans for your trip to the Philippines, and you will not be disappointed. If you are tired and fed up with all the games AW use, and you want to pursue a relationship that flows naturally...then make plans for your trip to the Philippines. I flew to Manila, and we spent the first 3 days in Manila and went to the US Military National Cemetery where we have 17,706 troops that are buried that fought to liberate the Phils during WWII. We also went to the Mall of Asia which is packed full of hot women, and we also did some local site seeing around Manila. Then we traveled by bus from Manila to Bantangus and we took the ferry across to Puerto Galera and spent 6 days doing a beach vacation and snorkeling and diving and island hopping. Puerto Galera is a beautiful place to visit. Then we returned to Manila and spent our last 3 days doing things with her cousin and that family. It is amazing how easy it is to enter into a normal relationship with a filipina woman. My take away is that if you want to meet good women that are easy to get into a relationship with...then fly to the Philippines.
Yes, it's easy to converse with and date a Filipina but the amount of attention you receive whether it's in the flesh or on a Pinay dating site can lead one into a false sense of security. The million dollar question you need to ask yourself and this applies to any woman anywhere really; what does she want from me?

I think guys who plan to marry a woman from a poor country like the Philippines need to accept that to a degree she'll be seeking a better life. But that's fine so long as the life she wants isn't of the luxurious variety and she ranks the relationship she has with you on a higher level. At the end of the day, man or woman, nobody wants a life struggling to make ends meet.

Whereabouts in Puerto Galera did you stay btw?
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

Zambales,
We stayed at Montani Beach resort. I understand your question, and I did vett that question of what does she want from me while I was with her. I believe that most of these women from the Phils if they are dating a foreigner want to get out of the Phils for a better life. They also want an American man because we treat our women much better than the men in the Phils treat their women. She has a cousin married to an American man and they live in Boston, so she talks with her cousin and knows that a woman can have a better life in America. My brain was asking questions and processing tons of information while I was there.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

redfeather wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 6:25 am
Zambales,
We stayed at Montani Beach resort. I understand your question, and I did vett that question of what does she want from me while I was with her. I believe that most of these women from the Phils if they are dating a foreigner want to get out of the Phils for a better life. They also want an American man because we treat our women much better than the men in the Phils treat their women. She has a cousin married to an American man and they live in Boston, so she talks with her cousin and knows that a woman can have a better life in America. My brain was asking questions and processing tons of information while I was there.
We didn't particular like Sabang when we visited that part of PG. We stayed at Aninuan which is near White Beach.

The foreigner-makes-a-better-husband reasoning is one I've heard many a time but perhaps there's an element of camouflage concerning the real truth or part of it, as Pinay's are notorious for "saving face". Anyway, it doesn't matter so long as she meets your expectations and makes you happy.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

retiredfrank wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 9:40 pm
If you must marry and bring a foreign wife to the USA, a filipina is probably the best choice, especially if set up by a trusted male acquaintance. Avoid FSU women for this purpose. Good luck!
Florida State University women?
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Post by redfeather »

MrMan,
When folks use the term FSU they mean former Soviet Union countries like Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and all of the countries that make up all the FSU after it broke apart.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

redfeather wrote:
September 29th, 2018, 6:25 am
Zambales,
For a poor Filipina, it is likely true that she can have a better life in the USA, but if she gets a boost in income or the foreigner she hooks up with can live in the Philippines, her life will be FAR better in the Philippines. My wife's family has been moving up the economic scale with or without me, and now that we are returning to the Philippines to again live there most of the time, my wife admits she misses the full time live-in housekeeper, kitchen help, full time Gardener and a driver/security man.