Veteran advice....Pinay

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
CalmCopper
Freshman Poster

Veteran advice....Pinay

Post by CalmCopper »

Hello, I am just looking for some feedback from some members who may have a little more experience with dating/relationships.

First, about me, I am a 41-year-old American, average looking guy, middle-class. I have had a lot of success dating in the US. I date attractive middle class women in their 20s who don't ask me for anything. But, like most of you know, women in the US 23-29 are more interested in dating and career then settling own right away. As I am getting older I am thinking about future and family.

I made several Thai friends in the US here on work visas in the past. They were traditional girls and we had non-physical relationship but talked more about cooking and friendly things. I fell in love with Thai food and visited several times. I partied a bit like you might expect but loved the food and culture not just the night life. I think Thai women are beautiful but I had not interest in dating. On my last trip I also visited Philippines, obv the food and culture is not as nice as Thailand but the girls were more attractive IMO and they seemed more culturally similar. Again, I didn't date anyone ther just had fun and explored.

Ok, enough back story. I have chatted up many girls on the usual sites. I am not totally green but I never have been generally interested in a girl so I had no skin in the game if they were running a scam (I have never given a penny to any girl). Then I met a girl in July on PinaLove. She was cute and reserved. Its been 3 months and she has never complained about being broke, asked me for a penny, nor steered the conversation to anything risque. She does live in Manila but moved from the province when she was 16 to work as a maid (she is 20 now). Her hours suggest this is true, she is up every morning at 6am and ends chatting around 10-12 at night.

I recently told her I was interested in her as more than friends and she said she needed time to think about it. (I think that might also be a good sign). When we talked about it she said she may not want to fall in love with a foreign guy because she doesn't want to move to far from her family. She did say, however, she is ready to start her own family and wanted to find a good, stable man. I think this is an expected conflict in a reasonable persons mind. She still has not told me if she is interested in more than friends but she did say she thinks I am a gentleman and would make a good bf/husband. I said I will be visiting soon on vacation and if she can take off I will spend as much time as she can get off with her.

So, my question, what the hell is going on? I think there is very little chance this is a scam, but what the hell do I know. Is she entertaining the romance of a foreign man interested in her but will never actually leave the Philippines. Is she being a cautious girl, because she see how many Western playboys are in Manila? Or is it just one of those things where it is impossible to tell what is going on until I go through all the motions.

So for the last month or so we msg every day for about 100 msgs each way. Never talking money or sex, just about the day and growing up, family, work, the usual.

Any advice or insight will be appreciated.