Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8673
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by jamesbond » June 16th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Good video by Richard Cooper explaining that women don't care about a man's struggles in life, she only cares about his successes. Men have the burden of performance women do not have that burden.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 279
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by flowerthief00 » June 17th, 2019, 7:04 am

Whether he realizes or not--and I do not necessarily think he is wrong--he has just made a case against man-woman relationships.

Do not show weakness? Do not emote? Do not behave in a vulnerable fashion? How can two people truly understand each other when one of them is deliberately hiding that side of himself?

If only your fellow men are capable of still caring for you after you have shown weakness then it sounds like relationships with men are superior to relationships with women. And if that's true then men should be devoting their time to seeking friendships and relationships with men rather than relationships with women. Only someone who can actually care about you--the real you, not an image you put on--is worth letting yourself become close to.

Do men need any more reasons to shun marriage, dating, and long-term relationships?

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7314
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Cornfed » June 17th, 2019, 7:24 am

Yeah, the thing is it takes a functional community to preserve a single functional man-female relationship. If no such a community exists then you are screwed and whether the relationship lasts is beyond your control.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3268
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » June 17th, 2019, 9:43 pm

Cornfed wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 7:24 am
Yeah, the thing is it takes a functional community to preserve a single functional man-female relationship. If no such a community exists then you are screwed and whether the relationship lasts is beyond your control.
Says the most dysfunctional person on the forum. I literally know teenagers more successful and industrious you. Your parents made you into a real piece of work. They should be proud.....

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8673
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by jamesbond » June 22nd, 2019, 9:56 pm

This is an interesting study that showed women will rank a guy higher in attractiveness if he makes a lot of money. Also, women will rank a guy lower in attractiveness if he is good looking but makes very little money.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster
Posts: 277
Joined: October 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Location: USA

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Mr Natural » June 26th, 2019, 12:50 am

jamesbond wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 10:21 pm
Men have the burden of performance women do not have that burden.
Yes BUT, whatever you define as "performance", a man has the ability to significantly change it. Maybe most won't, but at least you can. On the other hand women are judged first and foremost by their looks, which is difficult to significantly change. When you consider it this way, it's a very good thing.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 391
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Neo » June 26th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Either she likes you or she doesn't. No reason to jump through hoops. A man wants a good woman, not a confused, crooked woman with unreasonable expectations.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6000
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Post by Ghost » June 26th, 2019, 6:25 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on July 12th, 2019, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7314
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Cornfed » June 26th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Mr Natural wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 12:50 am
jamesbond wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 10:21 pm
Men have the burden of performance women do not have that burden.
Yes BUT, whatever you define as "performance", a man has the ability to significantly change it. Maybe most won't, but at least you can. On the other hand women are judged first and foremost by their looks, which is difficult to significantly change. When you consider it this way, it's a very good thing.
A point of the video is that females only care about outcomes rather than performance. Hence if you have struggled against incredible odds to overcome adversity but the female is given a higher paying job than you because she has a vagina, then as far as she is concerned you are a loser. On the other hand if you were paid a fortune to microwave kittens or whatever then you would be considered the cat's pyjamas.

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 279
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by flowerthief00 » June 27th, 2019, 5:55 am

Mr Natural wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 12:50 am
On the other hand women are judged first and foremost by their looks, which is difficult to significantly change.
Exactly the same with men.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7314
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Cornfed » June 27th, 2019, 6:40 am

flowerthief00 wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 5:55 am
Mr Natural wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 12:50 am
On the other hand women are judged first and foremost by their looks, which is difficult to significantly change.
Exactly the same with men.
And your "performance", which is to say your pay and status, may also be difficult to change in this day and age.

User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8673
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by jamesbond » June 28th, 2019, 4:41 am

Neo wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Either she likes you or she doesn't. No reason to jump through hoops. A man wants a good woman, not a confused, crooked woman with unreasonable expectations.

That's a good point, either the woman is attracted to you or she is not. The PUA'S says, "Looks and money don't matter to women" but they DO MATTER A LOT!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 391
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Neo » June 29th, 2019, 3:56 am

jamesbond wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 4:41 am
Neo wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 3:51 pm
Either she likes you or she doesn't. No reason to jump through hoops. A man wants a good woman, not a confused, crooked woman with unreasonable expectations.

That's a good point, either the woman is attracted to you or she is not. The PUA'S says, "Looks and money don't matter to women" but they DO MATTER A LOT!
Money is something that men probably shouldn't use to get women, especially in countries that prefer female child custody. There are lots of evil women who are hunting for men with money, and as everyone knows, as soon as the child or enough children are born, or as soon as she can qualify for enough alimony, the evil woman will leave and take the man to court. This happened to at least one man I used to work with.

There are women who aren't so much in to money. We can infer this, because there are lots of poor people born in this country.

What a man truly needs is a woman with a good heart, a good conscience, some sense of morality and honor, and a sense of right and wrong. These women are gifts from God, and a man will need to pray to get one.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7314
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Cornfed » June 29th, 2019, 4:06 am

Neo wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 3:56 am
What a man truly needs is a woman with a good heart, a good conscience, some sense of morality and honor, and a sense of right and wrong. These women are gifts from God, and a man will need to pray to get one.
All of those things are male concepts. Talking about a woman's sense of honor is like talking about the length of her penis.

User avatar
Neo
Freshman Poster
Posts: 391
Joined: June 28th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Re: Men Have The Burden Of Performance, Women do Not Have That Burden

Post by Neo » June 29th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Cornfed wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 4:06 am
Neo wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 3:56 am
What a man truly needs is a woman with a good heart, a good conscience, some sense of morality and honor, and a sense of right and wrong. These women are gifts from God, and a man will need to pray to get one.
All of those things are male concepts. Talking about a woman's sense of honor is like talking about the length of her penis.
That's why a man would have to pray for it. A woman who isn't a liar or a deceiver has integrity. She can be taught the rest by a man who has knowledge of the virtues of God.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women”