Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


My thoughts

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

My thoughts

Postby Ibiza » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:41 am

I see a lot of complaining here about how American women treat men so badly and so on.

I don't see any mention of how aggressive and condescending/insulting a lot of American men are towards their women.

I find it to be very common in daily life. I grew up with it. Weakness/femininity is derided here, cause it's a capitalistic, individualistic system. It's not the same attitude as that found in more socialist countries.

I suspect that is why american women are the way that they are. This is a violent/aggressive country. And the women take a lot of it. You have to be tough here, that is just the good ol' USA.

I have a better feeling by dating euros. They simply treat me in a more feminine manner (respectful, not patronizing) which allows me to relax and treat them well by consequence.

I would imagine that may be why their women are happier around men. They've grown up with more appreciation for being women. In the US femininity is more derided.

Anyway, that is just my idea. Maybe you guys just haven't met the right American women. I think there are plenty of well-adjusted ones.

:wink:
Ibiza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:13 pm







Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:00 am

In real life, harsh and aggressive women seem to move ahead just fine in the United States. In many other cultures, it is made very clear that a beautiful, delicate and feminine woman is preferred. Most American men tend to encourage soft-spoken women to be more aggressive. A handful of American men want a feminine woman, they get sick of looking for feminine women in America (because most have been conditioned to be aggressive), and go elsewhere. Feminism is to blame for some of it, but there's more to it than feminism. Women aren't the only ones conditioning American women to play games and act aggressive.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Jackal » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:10 am

KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:Feminism is to blame for some of it, but there's more to it than feminism. Women aren't the only ones conditioning American women to play games and act aggressive.


Very true. I think American culture is dysfunctional system, with material accumulation and professional status as its goals, which leaves many American men and women unhappy. Other cultures emphasize the human sides of their citizens more. In US, we're bred to be mini-politicians, constantly marketing ourselves to the ever-watchful eyes of our corporation-ruled society, finely tuning our images and personalities so that we "fit in." In other societies "fitting in" isn't such a neurotic game.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby jamesbond » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:45 am

Jackal wrote:
KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:Feminism is to blame for some of it, but there's more to it than feminism. Women aren't the only ones conditioning American women to play games and act aggressive.


Very true. I think American culture is dysfunctional system, with material accumulation and professional status as its goals, which leaves many American men and women unhappy. Other cultures emphasize the human sides of their citizens more. In US, we're bred to be mini-politicians, constantly marketing ourselves to the ever-watchful eyes of our corporation-ruled society, finely tuning our images and personalities so that we "fit in." In other societies "fitting in" isn't such a neurotic game.


Well said Jackal. America is a dysfunctional society, it has the highest rate of mental illiness of any industrialized country in the world and has the highest usage of illegal drugs of any country in the world! On top of that, there is so much social islolation in America that many people feel disconnected from others. Like Winston has said, everybody in America is trying to "fit in." Fitting in is easier in countries where people are more open and friendly and materialism isn't so widespread.
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby Jackal » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:59 pm

jamesbond wrote:Well said Jackal. America is a dysfunctional society, it has the highest rate of mental illiness of any industrialized country in the world and has the highest usage of illegal drugs of any country in the world! On top of that, there is so much social islolation in America that many people feel disconnected from others. Like Winston has said, everybody in America is trying to "fit in." Fitting in is easier in countries where people are more open and friendly and materialism isn't so widespread.


Good point about the high rate of mental illness in this country. Mental illness is probably often part of the reason that many American women act in such an obnoxious way. If they are so sad, depressed, and angry on the inside, it doesn't take much for them to snap and be super-rude to men which don't meet all their standards (and even to those who do!).

Once in college, I had a girlfriend who was bipolar and I really cared about her until she basically pushed me away. She often said things like "Why do you like me so much?" and "I don't know how I feel." She couldn't deal with somebody who really cared about her because she had been so emotionally damaged in the past. She hardly was aware of her own feelings. After a while, I got tired of all the emotional ups and downs--especially when I realized that she had very little respect for me because I wasn't some tatoo-laden "bad boy." Well, I hope she finds the Harley-riding, bar-brawling, piercing-filled, heroin addict of her dreams!

**********
By the way, James. I really love your avatar! I had forgotten how stunningly beautiful Shay Laren is! Your avatars are one of the highlights of this site. Just watching those bouncing breasts gets me in a better mood.

Bounce!...bounce!...bounce!...bounce!...
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Latex Clothing

Postby PeterAddision » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 am

I agree with the view that America has the highest rate of mental illiness of any industrialized country in the world and has the highest usage of illegal drugs of any country in the world......Its very true.....
Fetish Clothing,Rubber Fetish,Latex Fetish
PeterAddision
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:56 am


Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest