Study Shows ONLY 2% of Married People Live in "Bliss" After 8 Years!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Study Shows ONLY 2% of Married People Live in "Bliss" After 8 Years!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

And that is out of the marriages that actually LAST a full 8 years! :lol:

Stay free. Stay wealthy. Stay forever with young women. Stay #MGTOW!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Study Shows ONLY 2% of Married People Live in "Bliss" After 8 Years!

Post by MrMan »

He redefines obsession as 'bliss' right?

If you are talking about butterflies in your stomach, I don't think we are physically designed to handle that.

How many single MGTOWs are in 'bliss'?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 1:57 pm

I saw this video by Richard Cooper a few days ago and thought it was really informative. It is true that over time, married couples do lose interest in each other (no matter how much they were in love when they first got married).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

jamesbond wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 6:25 pm

I saw this video by Richard Cooper a few days ago and thought it was really informative. It is true that over time, married couples do lose interest in each other (no matter how much they were in love when they first got married).
Yes sir! It’s only dopes who are married or those who want to be married who fight this reality tooth and nail. It is like a form of Stockholm Syndrome. I say let them suffer in benighted bitterness.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

If you really were in a state of 'bliss' due to your 100% self-centered, zero-commitment life in Eastern Europe, you wouldn't feel the need to remind us and yourself of the evils of marriage, every other day.
Splicelo
Freshman Poster

Post by Splicelo »

hypermak wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 9:10 pm
If you really were in a state of 'bliss' due to your 100% self-centered, zero-commitment life in Eastern Europe, you wouldn't feel the need to remind us and yourself of the evils of marriage, every other day.
Well that's because he is inseure and need his daily dose of validation from complete strangers😏.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Going on 8 total years with my wife, only married for a couple of those, but the relationship is as wonderful as ever. I'm also free to see other women, but honestly I could never love someone like I love her so I don't have a lot of reason to go elsewhere. I've had the same side girl for years and the three of us spend a lot of time together, and there's another girl I've been pretty close with for a the last year, but I don't go seeking out other women, they just kind of end up in my life. My wife is always priority one though, and lately I've been kind of pulling away from other women because she's my perfect partner and truly my other half. After being with her, I could never marry another, because I know what a healthy dynamic can be.

It's funny, I met her shortly before my first international travels, went overseas looking for excitement and love and found out what I was looking for was at home all along.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

HouseMD wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 4:09 am

Going on 8 total years with my wife, only married for a couple of those, but the relationship is as wonderful as ever. I'm also free to see other women, but honestly I could never love someone like I love her so I don't have a lot of reason to go elsewhere. I've had the same side girl for years and the three of us spend a lot of time together, and there's another girl I've been pretty close with for a the last year, but I don't go seeking out other women, they just kind of end up in my life. My wife is always priority one though, and lately I've been kind of pulling away from other women because she's my perfect partner and truly my other half. After being with her, I could never marry another, because I know what a healthy dynamic can be.

It's funny, I met her shortly before my first international travels, went overseas looking for excitement and love and found out what I was looking for was at home all along.
I find it believable that you are in that 2% just from the positive energy with which you speak about your marriage. It probably helps that you are free to have other relationships if you wanted as well. Just being a physician alone makes you an anomaly in terms of income, high IQ, and skills of discernment so there is every reason to believe your marriage has a higher likelihood to be exceptional as well. That is not to discount the extra stressors on some physicians' marriages due to time demands, stress, etc, but you seemed to have managed that balancing act well.

Those who react to these data with visceral invective tend to be the ones who are miserable in their marriages because they don’t like being reminded of what they essentially know to be true.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
Going on 8 total years with my wife, only married for a couple of those, but the relationship is as wonderful as ever. I'm also free to see other women, but honestly I could never love someone like I love her so I don't have a lot of reason to go elsewhere. I've had the same side girl for years and the three of us spend a lot of time together, and there's another girl I've been pretty close with for a the last year, but I don't go seeking out other women, they just kind of end up in my life.
I predict you going the way of Augustus Invictus, but possibly with an even worse outcome.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 1:28 pm
HouseMD wrote:
Going on 8 total years with my wife, only married for a couple of those, but the relationship is as wonderful as ever. I'm also free to see other women, but honestly I could never love someone like I love her so I don't have a lot of reason to go elsewhere. I've had the same side girl for years and the three of us spend a lot of time together, and there's another girl I've been pretty close with for a the last year, but I don't go seeking out other women, they just kind of end up in my life.
I predict you going the way of Augustus Invictus, but possibly with an even worse outcome.
When this one starts enviously casting aspersions at your very good fortune, you know you are doing better than quite alright.
:lol:
"Haters gonna hate;" it is actually unwitting validation!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

March 7th, 2020, 3:39 pm
Cornfed wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 1:28 pm
HouseMD wrote:
When this one starts enviously casting aspersions at your very good fortune, you know you are doing better than quite alright.
:lol:
"Haters gonna hate;" it is actually unwitting validation!
Why attribute everything to envy? If you don't think that these kinds of plural relationships in feminist societies make marriage even more dangerous than it already is then you are not paying attention.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

March 7th, 2020, 11:21 am
HouseMD wrote:

I find it believable that you are in that 2% just from the positive energy with which you speak about your marriage. It probably helps that you are free to have other relationships if you wanted as well. Just being a physician alone makes you an anomaly in terms of income, high IQ, and skills of discernment so there is every reason to believe your marriage has a higher likelihood to be exceptional as well. That is not to discount the extra stressors on some physicians' marriages due to time demands, stress, etc, but you seemed to have managed that balancing act well.

Those who react to these data with visceral invective tend to be the ones who are miserable in their marriages because they don’t like being reminded of what they essentially know to be true.
I believe the data is close to correct. I've seen the misery of marriage around me, and my wife and I regularly lament "thank god I have you, because other people are terrible." Should men get married? Generally, no. But occassionally, if you choose wisely, it's a possibility.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 3:54 pm
Why attribute everything to envy? If you don't think that these kinds of plural relationships in feminist societies make marriage even more dangerous than it already is then you are not paying attention.
I mean, she has no extramarital relationships, and truly doesn't want them. She's happy with me emotionally and physically, and I am free to be with the rare women that catch my eye. If nothing else, my life is the true definition of going my own way, and not in the pathetic sense many typically use.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:
Why attribute everything to envy?
Ah, because it's particularly obvious with you and it's also human nature. Even if we didn't pick up that you are generally aimless and grossly dissatisfied with life when you want to kick off a ridiculous business idea one day, then you want a to be a PhD (so you can be called "doctor") the next, bitter comments like this clear up all doubt.

If it makes you feel any better, there are two or three others who exhibit the same reactive envy at others' good fortune so don't feel that it is only you. You're just unique in the LEVEL is resentment that leaks thru when others speak of personal triumphs.
Cornfed wrote: If you don't think that these kinds of plural relationships in feminist societies make marriage even more dangerous than it already is then you are not paying attention.
What he described is an open relationship, not a plural one. Second, I don't think you should compare yourself to someone on his level. There is a reason he is a physician by profession and you are, well, on the opposite end of the bell curve in every measure of personal development.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

March 7th, 2020, 6:53 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Why attribute everything to envy?
Ah, because it's particularly obvious with you and it's also human nature. Even if we didn't pick up that you are generally aimless and grossly dissatisfied with life when you want to kick off a ridiculous business idea one day, then you want a to be a PhD (so you can be called "doctor") the next, bitter comments like this clear up all doubt.
I genuinely don't envy House. Just because someone has more of something sort of good, although often not worth it when you think about it, than me doesn't necessarily mean I envy him. I don't even envy or resent you that much for collecting gibs for being black. Obviously I would do the same thing in your shoes. Nor do I envy those who created the system that allows this to happen, so much as feel deep loathing and disgust for them.
Cornfed wrote: If you don't think that these kinds of plural relationships in feminist societies make marriage even more dangerous than it already is then you are not paying attention.
What he described is an open relationship, not a plural one. Second, I don't think you should compare yourself to someone on his level.
House's account is that he plays the field whereas his wife doesn't, and his wife knows and is friendly with his main mistress. This is by definition a plural relationship. This was historically common and if he is on the "level" to pull it off without bringing disaster upon himself then fine, but never let it be said he wasn't warned.