Women in America don't even make eye contact with men!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Women in America don't even make eye contact with men!

Post by jamesbond »

A trend me and my friends have noticed is that women in America DON'T EVEN MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH MEN ANYMORE! WTF? I have noticed this whenever I am out in public (shopping malls, grocery stores, bookstores, etc.) What these women are subconsciously saying to men is, "don't approach me, I am not interested in you", and "in America we don't talk to strangers!" What a great place to live if your trying to meet women! lol :D This leaves the only way to meet women is through friends or at bars and clubs. No wonder why there are so many lonely people in America, they are having a hard time meeting people! Come on ladies, can't you flirt with men at least once in a while? Can't you smile at men at least once in a while?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The American culture has a lot to do with people not meeting other people while out in public. In America we don't talk to strangers, we simply mind our own business and don't even make eye contact with other people. Of course the whole world is not like this (thank god!). In other countries talking to strangers is not taboo or uncomfortable, it simply comes naturally.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Of course the whole world is not like this (thank god!). In other countries talking to strangers is not taboo or uncomfortable, it simply comes naturally.
There is a hierarchy or warmth/coldness. America is definitely in the cold section but there are plenty of other countries that are far worse-North Asians are pretty bad- check out Japan. I do not know why they are making so many robots there since people there are already robots. On a Tokyo subway the passengers resemble statues, not humans. Two people can sit next to each other and travel 24 hours across Japan and never say a word to each other.

Even in Thailand, you constantly see these people with closed-shut faces, no expressions, no eye contact. Just like a statue.

In London, same thing; and in Scandinavia it is supposed to be far worse even.

All the cultures listed above think of Americans as"

warm

friendly

expressive

outgoing

open...'

And Swedes think that the Brits are outgoing and almost Latin.

It really depends where in the hiararchy you are.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
Of course the whole world is not like this (thank god!). In other countries talking to strangers is not taboo or uncomfortable, it simply comes naturally.
There is a hierarchy or warmth/coldness. America is definitely in the cold section but there are plenty of other countries that are far worse-North Asians are pretty bad- check out Japan. I do not know why they are making so many robots there since people there are already robots. On a Tokyo subway the passengers resemble statues, not humans. Two people can sit next to each other and travel 24 hours across Japan and never say a word to each other.

Even in Thailand, you constantly see these people with closed-shut faces, no expressions, no eye contact. Just like a statue.

In London, same thing; and in Scandinavia it is supposed to be far worse even.

All the cultures listed above think of Americans as"

warm

friendly

expressive

outgoing

open...'

And Swedes think that the Brits are outgoing and almost Latin.

It really depends where in the hiararchy you are.
W: This is true. I would add that Taiwan is in some ways colder than America, at least in the mask that people wear. But once you get to know them, they are more warm and talkative. It's a weird inverse. In America, you can easily make polite conversation and smile with strangers, but once you get to know them, they are still very selfish and distant from you. But in Taiwan, people wear a stoic cold mask, but are warm if you get familiar with them and make friends with them.

Taiwanese girls are very closed, I'd say even more closed than American girls, but for different reasons. They aren't stuck up or snobby. It's just that they are very closed in nature, taught not to talk to strangers, live in fear and paranoia of strangers, etc. But once the ice barrier comes down, they get more warm and friendly. However, another problem is that most Taiwanese girls do not enjoy meeting guys period. They are only open when it comes to befriending other women, not men. Meeting women is just more natural and comfortable to them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Different areas in the US have more friendly people than others. For example, in the northeast part of the US, the people tend to be unfriendly and anti-social. Same thing in Calfifornia and the pacific northwest. However, in the southern states the people tend to be friendly and sociable, same thing in small towns throughout the US. The big cities have the most unfriendly people. The funny thing is, New York city has the highest percentage of single women in the US but they also the most rude, unfriendly and anti-social women in the country! I will say this, the women in big cities like New York are hot (like the woman below who is a model and lives in New York city) but they are looking for wealthy men only! :D

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Even women who aren't total strangers won't make eye contact. There are a couple of exquisite-looking 20-something girls at work, and I swear I'm freakin' invisible to them; I'm not exaggerating!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Different areas in the US have more friendly people than others. For example, in the northeast part of the US, the people tend to be unfriendly and anti-social. Same thing in Calfifornia and the pacific northwest. However, in the southern states the people tend to be friendly and sociable, same thing in small towns throughout the US. The big cities have the most unfriendly people. The funny thing is, New York city has the highest percentage of single women in the US but they also the most rude, unfriendly and anti-social women in the country! I will say this, the women in big cities like New York are hot (like the woman below who is a model and lives in New York city) but they are looking for wealthy men only! :D
True. But I never understood something about big cities vs. small towns. Some say that small town people are more private, closed, narrow and keep to themselves and that you have to go to the big cities to find cultured sophisticated worldly people who like to meet other people and socialize. Others say the opposite, that big cities are rude, cold, impersonal, and that people are fast moving in the rat race there and don't stop to socialize, while small town folks are more down to earth, laid back, friendly, warm and personable.

Which one is true? I find elements of truth in both positions. But it's confusing how sharply contrasted they are, yet you hear both views in America!

Anyone else ever notice this and wonder about it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne