Date in Asia - My experiences

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Date in Asia - My experiences

Post by Falcon »

Winston is indeed spot on about how Taiwanese and Filipina women are like night and day.

Rock, that question has already been answered here.

Mguy and Falcon hit the Manila malls (pics galore!)
viewtopic.php?t=20095

In places like the Mall of Asia, many girls are from the provinces, and there are many OFW returnees (balikbayans). These are the more provincial-type girls.

What you're saying is indeed true for middle-class Manila girls (or Makati City girls) whose families have roots in Manila. But what you're saying is true only for some parts of Manila. Manila is such a huge and diverse city, so it will still be easy to get a lot of flirting and attention outside the insulated middle-class areas such as Makati or Alabang.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Any active user of Date in Asia?
We could discuss several issues about it and exchange information.
starts990
Freshman Poster

Post by starts990 »

Filipinas are damn serious to marry a foreign guy, we can't blame them most of them lived in a poor area. So they are looking for someone to help uplift their status somehow.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

What's the point for making a profile, if at least at the beginning, you can't go online often?
I see many girls with new profiles, that they are online for a couple of days and then...gone! Not deleted, but offline, till the system automatically suspend accounts.

Others told me that the internet goes down.

Other ones told me that they have black out to power supply due to el nino.

It seems that there is nothing stable in Philippines...

Hard to find a girl to have at least a constant communication...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote:
ladislav wrote:
And get this- usually the older you get the younger a lady you want. And in many countries in Asia that is the accepted way to do things. I was recently in Manila and I met a guy who was 62 and he was living with a 19 year old girl. Not one person said anything derogatory about that. An older man with a young lady will called " skillful, rich and smart" . In the Philippines a man's age does not matter. Never has. Especially if the guy is a foreigner or has some money/is established. Girls prefer someone like that to a bird-brain, irresponsible, flaky and weak AND poor 21 year old.

If you are worried about her looking like your granddaughter, well, consider getting yourself to look younger. I have had hair and teeth replacement, dress and act young and have no problems at 50- people think I am 30+ actually. But still the Philippines is full of bald headed, fat bellied men with more wrinkles than the biggest dune in Rub Al Khali parading proudly with a young Filipina. No one would give them a second look.

And keep this in mind. Say you are 50 and the girl is 20. When you are 60, she will be 30. When you are 70- she will be 40, and when you are 87, she will be 57. You will look roughly the same.

There was one guy in the Philippines, he was 78 and his wife was 28 and they had kids. This only evokes an endearing smirk of admiration from the locals.
From all you guys say, Phils really sounds like a special case. I don't know of any other country in Asia where the majority of mainstream women are attracted to father/grandfather figures. Sure, if you've got big money (the definition of big money varies according to country/city size/etc.) and it shows, there will be a lot of women who pretend to be attracted to you. Just understand, its your income and asset base that they truly value. If not, why are upper middle class and above Filipinas so difficult to attract for typical western expats in Phils? Why is it that your magical mature western charms don't work on them? Let's keep this real please.

A quality girl who truly loves you will stick with you even if you go bankrupt and she has to work full-time to help cover expenses. I've seen lots of relationships like that, but usually between partners with a modest age gap or less.

For older guys who wanna date very young girls, its totally doable in many parts of Asia. But please don't delude yourself into thinking that its anything more than a clear and often temporary trade - their youth and beauty for your financial resources. Sure, nothing is impossible. Perhaps you will eventually find a young beauty who truly falls in love with you, not the income and assets you bring into her life. But such a case is very exceptional based on my experience to date.

Final point, I agree with Lad that looking and acting younger than your age will definitely help. If you're 50 but truly appear to only be 35, you can probably generate the same attraction as a true 35 year old. And when the girl finds out your true age, she's much less likely to bail if she's from a poor country like Phils than if she's from the west or even developed Asia.
When I went to the Philippines when I was 22, I have never met so many women my own age who were obviously interested in me. It was just incredible. In the US, my women my own age would all ignore or friend-zone me.

Nevertheless, I've observed that most Filipino couples are still same-age couples. Just look at these couples (posted at a local Catholic church in Panay).
3-year age gaps for both. 34 - 31. 27 -24.

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Ladislav confuses dating with sugrdaddying, golddiging. He comes to Philippines with Saudi money and all of sudden they are in love with him.

How come foreigners dont date middle class girls and above? Its only poor ones who are not age sensitive and dont mind your age,wig and fake teeth

In Australia we have many philipinas, in my street there are few but they are as hard to pick up as white girls?why is that?
Also, you not going to see huge age gap , few years max

Philippines has population of 100mil, half of that lives in poverty and spending 500usd a month on a girl might seem nothing but that is equal to 2 monthly salaries if she is lucky to have a job. Now, imagine offering 6-7000 usd a month to woman in the west, you wouldnt be dateless

When you see the
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Banano wrote: In Australia we have many philipinas, in my street there are few but they are as hard to pick up as white girls?why is that?
As soon as they become a permanent resident in a western country they become more choosey.

Having said that, I dated an attractive Filipina at the weekend in my home country. She's been here over a decade, good job, very independent, has attitude, everything has to be Prada, Louis Vuitton, Gucci etc

Usually I'd run a mile from a woman like that but she is Filipina and does have some of the Pinay qualities I look for. She likes me too but I think I need to take this slowly. Very different to other Filipina's I've dated.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Ok, I can understand that each person has an individual attitude, and of course it is not a whole nation with the same features.

But I want to tell here something that make big impression from my online contacts with filipinas.
Girls that I considered as 'good', I mean all information in profiles, and facebook, and during our conversations, and of course I have sincere and good attitute to them, after some time stop talking with me, with a rather strange way.
One girl blocked me! Other girl just stopped answering, she got offline for weeks, and now though she goes online, she has my messages as 'unread', though she visited my profile and she read my message for sure.

With most girls online, in sometime someone lose interest, tell goodbye and that's it.
This weird attitide from some otherwise called 'good' girls, make me wonder what is going on.
As I said, I am direct/honest/clear/sincere/respectful in my communication with every girl.
I can't understand these 'good' girls with 'strange' attitudes...
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

What have you been saying to them?

DIA is probably the worst site of the lot anyway. Try Asian Dating, International Cupid, Filipino Cupid or Cherry Blossoms. Plenty of Filipina's on each of those sites.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

How is it possible for a girl,in dateinasia to display to me that she was visited my profile 6 days ago, but she sent me a message just an hour ago?
I mean, a logical procedure would be, you visit a profile, then message. The two momments should be close.
Except if she was having my page on her browser, opened from the last time(6 days ago), and she just decided to message me today.
Any clues?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

mentor wrote:How is it possible for a girl,in dateinasia to display to me that she was visited my profile 6 days ago, but she sent me a message just an hour ago?
I mean, a logical procedure would be, you visit a profile, then message. The two momments should be close.
Except if she was having my page on her browser, opened from the last time(6 days ago), and she just decided to message me today.
Any clues?
Most likely you were down the pecking order and she's been chatting to other guys for the past few days. She's just contacted you now either because she didn't like these guys or because they won't send her money.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

My query is how is it possible to send message to someone, without firstly visit his profile.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 1st, 2016, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Ghost wrote:
mentor wrote:How is it possible for a girl,in dateinasia to display to me that she was visited my profile 6 days ago, but she sent me a message just an hour ago?
Any clues?
I've wondered this too. Have no idea, though. It does, however, piss me off that girls will look at my profile and then message several days later. (And even then they usually just say "hi" after I've sent a message introducing myself and asking their name, age, work/student, etc.)
So I am not the only one who observed this strange situation.
But I can't find an explanation other than the one I mentioned.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Banano wrote:Ladislav confuses dating with sugrdaddying, golddiging. He comes to Philippines with Saudi money and all of sudden they are in love with him.

How come foreigners dont date middle class girls and above? Its only poor ones who are not age sensitive and dont mind your age,wig and fake teeth

In Australia we have many philipinas, in my street there are few but they are as hard to pick up as white girls?why is that?
Also, you not going to see huge age gap , few years max

Philippines has population of 100mil, half of that lives in poverty and spending 500usd a month on a girl might seem nothing but that is equal to 2 monthly salaries if she is lucky to have a job. Now, imagine offering 6-7000 usd a month to woman in the west, you wouldnt be dateless
Great point!