Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Date in Asia - My experiences

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jacaré » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 am

Winston,
Whenever I see a pinay whose profile says that she lives in the US or Canada, I simply avoid them as they are more than likely very americanized and corrupted. No need for that. The FOBs are great however but they won't be on DIA imo. Word of mouth and having a connect in the local Pinay community does wonders!
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am

Still not had any luck on DIA. I guess since I'm now in Asia I won't appeal to the many scammers on there.

For Chinese Ladies CLL is all you need really. The ladies sign up faster than I can go to meet them.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby tyme59 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:56 am

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. It's given me a couple of new sites to check out (been on the Cupids & LoveLinks), some general cultural traits, and things watch out for.

Signed up for DIA about a week ago. While I am usually skeptical of these sites anyways, I have a decent responses in a short amount of time. The ones who look flakey, I just ignore. But currently in good exchanges with a lovely gal from Indonesia, one from Kuala Lumpur, and 2 Filipanas.
tyme59
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Not had much luck on DiA with the Chinese girls. And I'm conversing with so many ladies now that it's worth paying for Chinese Love Links due to the excellent system for handling all those emails and interests!
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby JoeSmith » Sat May 18, 2013 5:57 am

tyme59 wrote:Glad I stumbled upon this thread. It's given me a couple of new sites to check out (been on the Cupids & LoveLinks), some general cultural traits, and things watch out for.

Signed up for DIA about a week ago. While I am usually skeptical of these sites anyways, I have a decent responses in a short amount of time. The ones who look flakey, I just ignore. But currently in good exchanges with a lovely gal from Indonesia, one from Kuala Lumpur, and 2 Filipanas.

I'd recommend finding your wife in the Philippines, but I'm biased :)
Joe
Happily married and living in the Philippines.
http://marryafilipina.net
JoeSmith
Freshman Poster

Postby Taco » Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 am

JoeSmith wrote:
tyme59 wrote:Glad I stumbled upon this thread. It's given me a couple of new sites to check out (been on the Cupids & LoveLinks), some general cultural traits, and things watch out for.

I'd recommend finding your wife in the Philippines, but I'm biased :)

That's good advice.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sat May 18, 2013 11:27 am

Had a reply from a cute girl on DiA, but she turned out to be advertising insurance. The DiA owners are too busy counting their money to keep their site clean.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby tyme59 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:17 am

It's been a mixed bag so far.

I had a decent amount of messages sent to me and sent a good amount out myself. It just take times sorting all the BS from the possible legit.
I am still chatting with the lady from Malaysia (mostly on FB and Yahoo). The Indonesian girl turned out to be a lot younger than she stated and I am simply not looking for a 22 year old (though we still chat on FB). One of Filipans seemed to be trying to get cash from me, so that ended. The other is frustrating because I can only get brief answers and she isn't revealing much. Makes me skeptic. And I've added a girl from Thailand in the mix.

Basically, it's far more responses than I've gotten from the local gals on the OKC and POF sites. The big difference is that I cant just make a date and meet them on any given day since I'm half way across the globe. I do plan on going some where later this year. Just have to decide.

And Joe, nice blog. It's a good read.
Last edited by tyme59 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
tyme59
Freshman Poster

Postby tyme59 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 am

On a different note... does any one have in generalization about Malay women and Indo women (I seem to get a lot of replies from Indonesia).

I've read the ones about Filipans, Chinese, and Thais but there's not much abou the women from the Malaysian and Indonesian culture on this thread.
tyme59
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:27 am

tyme59 wrote:On a different note... does any one have in generalization about Malay women and Indo women (I seem to get a lot of replies from Indonesia).

I've read the ones about Filipans, Chinese, and Thais but there's not much abou the women from the Malaysian and Indonesian culture on this thread.

Good point! I think it's because Malay and Indonesian women are much more conservative (as a result of the Muslim religion) than other Asian women. They don't date foreigners as much as women in other Asian countries.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 am

tyme59 wrote:On a different note... does any one have in generalization about Malay women and Indo women (I seem to get a lot of replies from Indonesia).

Did some reading of expat and local forums in Singapore and Malaysia.

Some people find Indo housemaids/nannies even more submissive than Filipinas. Less educated, no English though.

I think as Ladislav has written elsewhere there are going to be more similarities than differences.

Also if a girl's family is Moslem they tend to be even more submissive than Christian-raised girls, IMO a good thing. Marrying the girl and living locally might be a problem though. People do cohabit, though technically illegal to do with a Moslem girl in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby tyme59 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:27 am

So after about three months on the DIA site and weeding out so many fakes, ladyboys, and scammers; I have found a few decent woman (most Filipina & a couple of Indo). We communicate a couple times a week on other forums.

But with one gal from Magalang (outside Angeles City), we started chatting more earlie in August. Now it has progressed to exchanging IM's a few hours each night and a couple of hours in the mornings and even a long video chats a few times a week. And I think we are digging each other. I dont know where it is all gonna lead yet, but I am starting believe she is very special gal. She works hard (3 jobs), doesnt care that I am not religious, and never lead on anything to give me a red flag. Plus we have a lot in common & constantly learning about each other's cultures.
She is definitely making me want to go to Philipines later this year instead of next year like I planned. And I think, she could be a very special lady.
tyme59
Freshman Poster

Postby Array9 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 pm

I've bumped into a few Indo girls online but I have never been to the country before. As far as I know, they are good ladies. Asking a man for money that they have never met before is uncommon.

Date in Asia is not that great a dating site but it is free.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 am

I've gotten plenty of messages from Filipinas. About 3 messages from Chinese women. I've noticed a lot of expired women are still picky on there, though. Not a ton, but when you see a 50 year old single mom laying out even a modest list of what they must have, it makes you wonder.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mika » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:14 am

zzzz wrote:Just have them make a profile on POF and DIA and see the difference.

Please remember not ALL foreigners (to Philippines) are from America.

So, NO idea what is POF !
mika
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women