Is it a waste of time to be just friends with a girl?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Is it a waste of time to be just friends with a girl?

Post by The_Adventurer »

Jester wrote:
Jester wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:I had a great many female friends here.

They nearly all disappeared as soon as I got married.

Actually that suggests that unlike many, you had the RIGHT kind of female friends. Yearning for YOU, not the other way around.
PS

May I ask which Asian country/city? Your old avatar seemed to suggest Japan.

Please PM if necessary...
I am talking about China, although some of the Korean girls I kept in touch with, from my time there, also vanished after I got married.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to clarify something to you all:

In Asia and most of the world, when a man becomes "friends" with a woman, it doesn't mean they have to remain that way. Usually when a man and woman are interested in each other, they are supposed to start off as friends and see where it goes from there.

So it's not like the US where you either have to start off as dating, or never date at all. I don't know why that is. The US is fricking WEIRD!

However, I'm sure many couples in the US started off as friends too, so that's not uncommon either. I think most of this "never be her friend" BS is mostly from the PUA movement, not from real life examples.

Usually conservative couples with traditional values, even in the US, start off as friends before dating. Especially if they met at church. It's a normal thing. And it's a wise thing too because you are supposed to get to know someone as a friend before deciding to date them. That's common sense wisdom. So I don't know how that got lost in modern America.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

In the USA if a couple isn't friends and just start off dating off the bat, it usually means they are in a relationship for the sex. My cousin does it alot
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:Just to clarify something to you all:
In Asia and most of the [normal] world, when a man becomes "friends" with a woman, it doesn't mean they have to remain that way. Usually when a man and woman are interested in each other, they are supposed to start off as friends and see where it goes from there.
So it's not like the US where you either have to start off as dating, or never date at all. I don't know why that is. The US is fricking WEIRD!
However, I'm sure many couples in the US started off as friends too, so that's not uncommon either. I think most of this "never be her friend" BS is mostly from the PUA movement, not from real life examples.
Usually conservative couples with traditional values, even in the US, start off as friends before dating. Especially if they met at church. It's a normal thing. And it's a wise thing too because you are supposed to get to know someone as a friend before deciding to date them. That's common sense wisdom. So I don't know how that got lost in modern America.
That's very true, skanks in the states are all-or-nothing since everyone is so 'busy'. But it's becoming like that in other places too.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

That would explain why the girl from this baptist church in philippines says she just wanted to have a lot of friends and wasn't in a hurry for love. Sounded so bizarre and lame to me personally. I want a girl though who is eager for love and romance. Id imagine those girls who aren't in a rush for love and marriage are probably boring lays. lol
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

THat's a really interesting question and I also know a lot of guys who say that becoming friends with a girl is the worst thing that you can do.

I personally have to disagree with that, at least under certain circumstances. I have quite a few good female friends who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. However, they have all one thing in common. They are not ugly but I am simply not sexually attracted to them. And I think that's exactly why the firendship works so well.

Once you are firends with a girl you are sexually attracted to, you will always have in the back of your mind that you could sleep with her and that you should take things further. That's the moment when a friendship between men and women becomes extremely difficult.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."