Meeting Women in China

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't understand. Why are there so many single women in China who can't find anyone?

I asked some of my Chinese female chatmates, "Is it hard to find a good guy in China?" and they usually say something like "There are many good guys in China. I just haven't found the right one yet." And if I ask "Are you seeking a foreign man? If so, why?" they usually say "No I'm not seeking a foreigner specifically. Just the right person."

Why do their answers sound so politically correct? Why can't women just come out and say it if there are no good men available to them?

Why would women in China be interested in me and be willing to wait around for me, instead of trying to find a local guy? I don't get it. Every time I ask them, they give vague answers like the above.

Why don't they tell the truth? Does anyone know what the truth is?

Aren't there a surplus of guys in China? How come many Chinese women can't find anyone?
Last edited by Winston on January 22nd, 2013, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ethan_sg wrote:Winston here are a couple of links that show you can take a ferry from Taiwan's Kinmen island or Matsu island to Fujian.

http://fuzhou.chinadaily.com.cn/2010-04 ... 749502.htm
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati ... idents.htm

Admittedly you would have to take a ferry from Taiwan mainland to Kinmen or Matsu island first and then take another ferry to Fujian. The second article does also state that the ferry rides can be as short as a mere 20 minutes.

If you're serious about visiting China, simply call up a travel agency to confirm the travel details from where you are.

Alternatively, flights between Taiwan and Xiamen (or other parts of China) should also be very affordable to you considering the close proximity.

You can find very decent, clean 3 star hotels in China from $20-$50 and rent very decent apartments for less than $400 USD a month - it's even cheaper than Taiwan, so please stop holding yourself back.

You have achieved the means to freedom, yet you do not utilize it.
Thanks. It looks like this is a recent development. However, after looking at your two article links above, it says that you have to fly to Kinmen or Matsu island first, before taking the ferry to China. This means you have to fly part of the way. You can't just take ferries all the way. So what's the point? If I have to fly, I might as well just fly to Xiamen directly right?

See here:

"Lai Shin-yuan, chairwoman of the Mainland Affairs Council, said that anyone in Taiwan may fly to Kinmen or Matsu to hop on a ferry to go to Amoy or Xiamen and Fuzhou, the provincial capital of Fujian, and onward to other parts of China."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Hey Winston,

Well I read that the flight between Taiwan and Matsu only costs about NT1,962 (I mean how cheap is that for a flight).

http://www.matsu-nsa.gov.tw/User/Articl ... 128&lang=2

It must be cheaper overall for people to use this route, otherwise everyone wouldn't bother and would just fly to China.

Find out from a travel agency what the best and cheapest option is, when you get to China you'll wonder why you didn't move earlier.

Winston wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:Winston here are a couple of links that show you can take a ferry from Taiwan's Kinmen island or Matsu island to Fujian.

http://fuzhou.chinadaily.com.cn/2010-04 ... 749502.htm

Admittedly you would have to take a ferry from Taiwan mainland to Kinmen or Matsu island first and then take another ferry to Fujian. The second article does also state that the ferry rides can be as short as a mere 20 minutes.

If you're serious about visiting China, simply call up a travel agency to confirm the travel details from where you are.

Alternatively, flights between Taiwan and Xiamen (or other parts of China) should also be very affordable to you considering the close proximity.

You can find very decent, clean 3 star hotels in China from $20-$50 and rent very decent apartments for less than $400 USD a month - it's even cheaper than Taiwan, so please stop holding yourself back.

You have achieved the means to freedom, yet you do not utilize it.
Thanks. It looks like this is a recent development. However, after looking at your two article links above, it says that you have to fly to Kinmen or Matsu island first, before taking the ferry to China. This means you have to fly part of the way. You can't just take ferries all the way. So what's the point? If I have to fly, I might as well just fly to Xiamen directly right?

See here:

"Lai Shin-yuan, chairwoman of the Mainland Affairs Council, said that anyone in Taiwan may fly to Kinmen or Matsu to hop on a ferry to go to Amoy or Xiamen and Fuzhou, the provincial capital of Fujian, and onward to other parts of China."
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

The reality is socio-economic status tends to matter more in a guy whereas beauty tends to matter more in a girl.

In China, only about 20%-40% of people (and by extension, of men), depending on where you draw the line, are considered to be of middle class urban status, although this % is growing every year.

While slightly over 50% of the 1.38 billion population in China now live in cities, a sizable number are living in cities as blue collared rural migrants, not considered to be of urban middle class status.

Given that socio-economic status matters more in a man, while many guys would choose a beautiful girl with lower socio-economic status rather than an ugly fat middle class girl, this means that there is actually a surplus of women in the cities, of both urban and rural origins, chasing primarily after a more limited number of urban middle class men.

Given your international background and your Taiwanese nationality, you would also be assumed by girls in China to be of urban middle class status. Also, average incomes in China are still also much lower than in developed Asian countries, so it doesn't take very much income to be considered 'urban middle class', although of course, like everywhere else, the more the better.

Just as importantly, China hasn't yet been infected, at least not to the same level, by Westernized feminism. Therefore, by and large, men are respected and not perceived as creeps, perverts etc.

I think you've had enough experiences on both Chinese and Taiwanese dating websites to form a sample size large enough to show, in a statistically significant manner, that there are indeed differences between dating in China and Taiwan.

You've talked to numerous women on both country dating sites now and the sheer differences in the way they treat you and the frequency in which this happens would probably form a reliable sample size for you to draw some statistically significant conclusions about dating women in the 2 countries.

All that's waiting is now is for you to get off your ass and experience China for yourself. For God's sake, no I should say, for the sake of the Happier Abroad Forum, begin your adventure as soon as possible!
Winston wrote:There's something I don't understand. Why are there so many single women in China who can't find anyone?

I asked some of my Chinese female chatmates, "Is it hard to find a good guy in China?" and they usually say something like "There are many good guys in China. I just haven't found the right one yet." And if I ask "Are you seeking a foreign man? If so, why?" they usually say "No I'm not seeking a foreigner specifically. Just the right person."

Why do their answers sound so politically correct? Why can't women just come out and say it if there are no good men available to them?

Why would women in China be interested in me and be willing to wait around for me, instead of trying to find a local guy? I don't get it. Every time I ask them, they give vague answers like the above.

Why don't they tell the truth? Does anyone know what the truth is?

Aren't there a surplus of guys in China? How come many Chinese women can't find anyone?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes there is a women surplus in cities.

The Guangzhou iPhone/LV bag girls I've dated have been smart and sophisticated and have little in common with the poor migrants you see shining shoes or selling fruit from the back of a bicycle.

Winston is a successful businessman, and he needs to be like all the bosses of my various Chinese gf's and date hot and young girls.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
A friend of mine said that Fujian province in China may be best for me. Here are his reasons. What do you think?
Hi there, Winston.

I wanted to ask you this in person, but I forgot to. I've never been to China, so these are just guesses on my part. This is what I wanted to ask you: Have you ever considered visiting the southern part of the Fujian province?

I think you have two advantages in the southern part of the Fujian province:

Advantage #1: The cities are not first tier, which means it will be simpler to get dates in comparison to first tier cities. The women will be less picky, feel less entitled, and be less demanding.

Advantage #2: You speak the local Southern Min language (it's the same language as Taiwanese). As we know, if you happen to speak a language of a certain country, the English-speaking women in that country are usually harder to date than women in the same country who can't speak English.

You mentioned you like the way Taiwanese women look, so I'm guessing you'll see a lot of that same look in the southern part of the Fujian province, since most Taiwanese people of Han descent can trace their ancestry to the southern part of the Fujian province. I really hope you go there. What do you think about this idea?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

All women say they want "serious" relationships online and that they aren't looking for "fun" or games. This is all nonsense though.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

For women, is it better to go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou in Guangdong province, or Chengdu and Chongqing in Sichuan province in the center of China?

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 13th, 2020, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Winston wrote:For women, is it better to go to Shenzhen and Guangzhou in Guangdong province, or Chengdu and Chongqing in Sichuan province in the center of China?
Some very hot ladies in Chengdu or Chongqing. On the other hand many ladies from these provinces go to work in Gz or Sz. So you'll meet much the same ladies in all these cities.

Gz and Sz are more foreigner friendly. Chongqing is very communist. Also Sz/Gz have less hospitable weather. But that's not saying much given how much extreme weather I had to experience in Gz.

Chengdu and Chongqing will be cheaper places to live. Sichuan University in Chengdu would also be an excellent place to study Mandarin.

Also if you like the outdoors/hiking there is some wondrous countryside near Chengdu. Not sure how easy it is for foreigners to go there though. Well check before you go, I don't want anyone to get eaten by Daxiongmaos or something.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.