Are there more women than men in Brazil?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
picasso25
Freshman Poster

Are there more women than men in Brazil?

Post by picasso25 »

hey, I have been really interested in brazilian women and I heard a good report that in some cities the ratio of women to men is 50 women to one man, is this true or just hype? also does anyone know any cities in brazil that are safe for tourist, I want to visit brazil, especially if there are more women than men, but I don't want to be killed while visiting there, does anyone know of any cities there where it is both safe to visit and at the same time the women out number the men?
American women!!! Yuk!!!

what's that? you wanna tell me about who paris hilton is dating now. who cares!!!!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: are there more women than men in brazil?

Post by momopi »

picasso25 wrote:hey, I have been really interested in brazilian women and I heard a good report that in some cities the ratio of women to men is 50 women to one man, is this true or just hype? also does anyone know any cities in brazil that are safe for tourist, I want to visit brazil, especially if there are more women than men, but I don't want to be killed while visiting there, does anyone know of any cities there where it is both safe to visit and at the same time the women out number the men?
http://www.gadling.com/2008/01/21/rio-w ... g-bikinis/
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

picasso25 wrote:hey, I have been really interested in brazilian women and I heard a good report that in some cities the ratio of women to men is 50 women to one man, is this true or just hype? also does anyone know any cities in brazil that are safe for tourist, I want to visit brazil, especially if there are more women than men, but I don't want to be killed while visiting there, does anyone know of any cities there where it is both safe to visit and at the same time the women out number the men?
Those numbers are not really important. What really matters is the number of "eligible" men defined as what the girls are looking for, vs the number of eligible women. If the women in an area have defined you as most desirable,
and the bulk of the remaining male population as undesirable, then in some ways to the women, those other men do not exist. Based on that definition, in my area of the Philippines, the numbers might be something like 20, 30, 40 in terms of a men to women ratio. Certain desirable men are vastly outnumbered by women that those same men might define as "eligible", so in effect, the ratios for those men might be something like a ratio of 1 man for every 30 women. That is great if you are that one man...but kind of sucks for all those other men (mostly locals) that the girls are defining as not up to their standards. It's just the way it is....Believe me, in the Philippines, most girls are acutely aware of those kinds of ratios...competition is INTENSE.

With those kinds of numbers in mind, a very conservative virginal girl might realize that one such rare man is within her reach, and suddenly, she starts putting out like mad to seal the deal. She knows what is at stake, and might pull out all the stops in trying to hold onto it.

Nate
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

It seems there is a gender inbalance in Bahia Province in Brazil. It has the most single women in the country. The city of Recife has 12 women for every man.

http://eyesonbrazil.wordpress.com/2009/ ... gle-women/