News article says American women are too narcissistic!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

News article says American women are too narcissistic!

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... sness.html

Excerpts:

"Us women are more egocentric and narcissistic than we ever used to be, according to extensive research by two leading psychologists."

"Women today think the universe revolves around them and have a deluded sense of their abilities"

'It used to be that most women who joined a dating agency had a pretty good idea of where they stood in the eligibility stakes,' she said. 'But in the past few years, I've noticed that there are a significant number of women who don't.

'They tend to be in their 30s, and there is a wide discrepancy between how they perceive themselves and how others see them.

'They are often very plain, but see themselves as being absolutely fabulous, exceptional people.

'They invariably reject every guy's profile I send them. But if a guy rejects their profile, there is all hell to pay. There is disbelief. They are really saying: "I'm so fabulous. How dare he turn me down?"

'In the past few years, I've noticed a real sense of entitlement among this small group of women. The idea that a guy might not find them as amazing as they find themselves doesn't enter their head.

'They often become indignant and angry towards me, demanding to know why a guy dared to turn them down. Most people simply accept the facts of the dating game: some people will find you attractive and others won't, in the same way that you'll be drawn to some but not others.

Women today think the universe revolves around them and have a deluded sense of their abilities

'These women, however, are unable to get their heads around the fact that the rest of the world might not share the distorted, inflated view they have of themselves.'

She said she had a eureka moment when she read a recent article about the rise in narcissism among women.

According to the American research, there has been a 67 per cent increase in it over the past two decades, mainly among women.

An estimated ten per cent of the population suffers from narcissism as a full-blown personality disorder.

The symptoms include: a grandiose sense of self-importance; the belief that he or she is special or unique and in some way better - either intellectually or physically - than others; a requirement for excessive admiration; a sense of entitlement, whether to fame, fortune, success and happiness or simply to special treatment; enviousness of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her; an inability to empathise; an inability to admit a mistake; and haughty behaviour or attitude.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... sness.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Whoa! The mainstream media is occasionally catching on these days! I'm impressed.

The article was about British women and not American women, although the same type of narcissistic women exist in the US as well.

But the best part of the article for me was that I discovered who Cheryl Cole is!
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

This comes as no surprise to me. Narcissism has a been an issue in all the women I've dated from western countries except for one. Eventually, I got tired of torturing myself and gave up on western women.

However, I think western men are just as bad. Donald Trump doesn't care about anyone except himself, its obvious. Instead of demonizing the guy like they should they gave him his own TV show. No one with Donald Trumps personality should be allowed to have there own TV show, its just wrong.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Note that the article starts off with "Us women", as in "We women", not U.S. women. Yes, it's bad grammar; it should read "We women", and is referring to the UK, as someone noted. Nevertheless, it does apply to U.S. women, too. I was just pointing out how important it is to read properly and not in haste.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is another one from US News and World Report about how narcissistic young people are in America.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/artic ... 4/12qa.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.english.hawaii.edu/criticali ... uide1.html

"Freud calls this basic, sexually charged desire directed at the self "primary" or "normal" narcissism. He contrasts primary narcissism with a "secondary narcissism" which arises in pathological states such as schizophrenia in which the person's libido withdraws from objects in the world and produces megalomania. The secondary narcissism of the mentally ill is, Freud suggests, a magnified, extreme manifestation of primary narcissism which exists in all individuals."

"Other clues to the existence of primary narcissism come from observations of children and what Freud calls "primitive peoples," who engage in what Freud in Totem and Taboo calls "magical thinking": for example, believing that wishing for something will make it appear, or that uttering a spell will have real effects. These behaviors reflect a sense of the self as powerful, able to have an influence on external reality, and Freud believes that such an investment in the self is a part of human development. He calls it "an original libidinal cathexis of the ego" (75)."
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Jackal wrote:Whoa! The mainstream media is occasionally catching on these days! I'm impressed.

The article was about British women and not American women, although the same type of narcissistic women exist in the US as well.

But the best part of the article for me was that I discovered who Cheryl Cole is!
Apparently she doesn't want to be called Cole anymore, because she finally divorced her cad of a husband (who incidentally plays for my favourite soccer team). One has to wonder why she married him in the first place - he's not the most intelligent, stable fellow. I think that, being an Anglo girl, she would have looked straight at his status and wealth (which just goes to show how shallow many Anglo girls really are). He could also be construed as something of a bad boy 'playa' type, which bizarrely appeals to many Anglo women.