Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How Can You Tell If She's A Bar Girl ?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How Can You Tell If She's A Bar Girl ?

Postby wuxi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:52 pm

I found this filipina on Date In Asia website today. What struck me was she's a bar girl but you would never know it by looking at her. I just wonder how many guys out there marry bar girls and don't even know it. I think the only way to protect yourself is to marry a virgin.

http://www.dateinasia.com/nerissaramos.html
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Postby ahardy57 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Wuxi, that wasn't prudent to put a girl's photo on here, if it will do damage her reputation. I don't think she would like that much if she or someone who knew her were to find out.

On the other hand, it will make a great topic on a different thread here, to talk about finding quality, classy foreign girls, without having to partner with bar girls or girls who have a bad reputation.
I am interested in finding happiness in a more inclusive culture
ahardy57
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 pm

Wow you are right. She looks sweet and humble, not like a bar girl type. You'd never notice. Maybe she's new there and hasn't been tainted yet. But many bar girls look innocent. They don't all look like wild types.

You should judge her by her actions and character too, not just whether she's a bar girl.

Ahardy, that is a public profile. Posting a link to it does not draw any extra attention to it. It might cause other guys to write to her too, but it doesn't compromise any privacy. Anyone can find her by going to that website anyway.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How Can You Tell If She's A Bar Girl ?

Postby momopi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 am

wuxi wrote:I found this filipina on Date In Asia website today. What struck me was she's a bar girl but you would never know it by looking at her. I just wonder how many guys out there marry bar girls and don't even know it. I think the only way to protect yourself is to marry a virgin.
http://www.dateinasia.com/nerissaramos.html

Hey, at least she's honest about her situation.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 am

How can you tell? That is easy if you are there. Ask to meet her from 8:00 PM to 3:00 AM.

Seriously, though, the purpose of online should really be limited to finding people that you want to eventually meet in person, and then see if a relationship, or anything else, might develop. Those who spend too much time chatting and web camming with a girl, and fall in love before even meeting her could be setting themselves up for disaster. It's great that this particular girl was honest about her profession, but if one were to claim she were a virgin, and look and act the part, someone only dealing with her online would never know any different.

The vast majority of bar girls have children. That's the first and easiest sign. There are so many high quality girls who don't, that there is absolutely no reason to bother with a girl who does. I'm talking about jus on Date in Asia. If you're in Philippines it's a completely different ball game. Bar girls also tend to have friends, many of whom are quick to rat on a girl if the opportunity arises. They gossip like there is no tomorrow. If you are there, it won't take long at all to find out who they really are.

Also, if you are unsure of a girl, spend plenty of platonic time with her. I can almost guarantee that if she has a bad reputation, has been seen going in and out of hotels with foreigners, or doing any other unsightly business, someone will warn you. You will be amazed about how quickly word gets around in the Philippines. The girl at the juice stand will be talking about you if you pass by her stand with a girl of questionable reputation.

I remember the first time I was there, I would sometimes sit in the lobby and watch TV with the hotel staff. They would gossip about every single person going in and out of there. I knew who was bringing in bar girls, who was bringing in boys, who was bringing in underage, even who on the staff was hooking up. If they saw me with a girl, the next day they would say something like, "I don't like that girl. You should find a nice girl from province" or something. Then proceed to tell me stories about bar girl incidents in their little establishment.

All this applies to your reputation as well, though. If you are constantly seen at the mall with a different girl, it will make it very difficult in the long run to find a quality partner.

Word always gets around.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby zzzz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:38 am

To be honest probably any Filipina on DIA that lives in Angeles City or close by is extremely suspect of being a bar girl. Even good girls in the Philippines probably know about what goes on. I was talking to girl on DIA who has a good job for a Filipina. I exchanged info with her on a social networking site and started chatting with her. She seemed very nice but looking around her profile it seemed apparent she was really into foreign guys. She had posted messages stating her love of another foreigner on his profile and all that (it seems he had just left). Yet here she is telling me how single she is and how handsome I am. Makes you wonder what difference if any is there between a bar girl and a good girl at times.

EDIT: One other thing to consider is just how many bar girls there are or have been. I read on another board there are close to 10,000 registered in Angeles City alone.
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 am

It's been said before that the game totally changes when you go there and learn the language. I have so many times been in a mall or shop and tried to chat with a girl only to find she spoke, like, three words of English. You open up a whole new field of good, but very interested, girls when you take the time to speak their language. Bar girls tend to speak far better English (or Korean or Japanese) than the average girl in town.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby zzzz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:56 am

Are there really that many Filipinos who can't speak English? I thought it was taught in public schools.
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:22 am

Probably depends on where you go. When I was Cebu City, I rarely encountered a person who didn't speak, at least, a little English, but when I was in the province in Luzon, there were a great many who spoke no English.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby YoucancallmeAl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 am

Terrence wrote:It's been said before that the game totally changes when you go there and learn the language. I have so many times been in a mall or shop and tried to chat with a girl only to find she spoke, like, three words of English. You open up a whole new field of good, but very interested, girls when you take the time to speak their language. Bar girls tend to speak far better English (or Korean or Japanese) than the average girl in town.

Learning the language is a great idea for most countries. But RP is tricky bc they have so many languages and they often speak a combination of them.
For example, the girl I'll be visiting in Iloilo speaks a combo of Hiligaynon, Tagalog, and English words with her friends/family, as do most in her region. So to understand and converse with them I would have to learn not 1 but 2 new languages! And then if I jump over to nearby Cebu I've got to learn a 3rd one!
My dusty old 41-yr old brain would take years to learn all that new info.
What languages did you learn during your 2 years in RP?
YoucancallmeAl
Freshman Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women