Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Mark Edward Davis on NBC's Today Show and Dr. Phil!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Mark Edward Davis on NBC's Today Show and Dr. Phil!

Postby jamesbond » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 am

Holy smokes, check out Mark Davis and his lovely wife on the Today show talking about international dating.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40954750/ ... tionships/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mark Davis and his wife on the Today show!

Postby djfourmoney » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 am

jamesbond wrote:Holy smokes, check out Mark Davis and his lovely wife on the Today show talking about international dating.

I know I posted that yesterday and I watched it on Tues. Not super interesting, much of the same stuff they talk about on You Tube, AFA's internet show and Bud's Monday call-in forum. It was nice to hear Tanya and Anna speak up though and very important as the more Eastern European brides are assertive and forceful, the less the appearance of being "weak" and "submissive" they'll seem to the general public.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

Millions of people watch the Today show. So Mark was able to reach millions of people when he and his wife appeared on the show. Now I want to see Winston on the Today show talking about happier abroad! :D
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Marcus Aurelius » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:27 am

Yeah, that's just it. He didn't say anything on there that WE didn't already know, but the fact that he was the today show, which has tons of viewers, may wake up a lot of men burned by the ameritrash. What an upgrade!!!
Marcus Aurelius
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Yes, it was great that this was on a major network, but I think that Mark and the other man could have given much better answers.

On TV, they don't give these minor issues much time, so in order to have a chance of changing perceptions through words, you need to give short, concise answers. However, when the host asked Mark about why the term "mail-order bride" was not correct, Mark just seemed to waffle and ramble and didn't really give a clear answer. To me, this was a huge opportunity missed.

But I know that nice, normal people often find it hard to talk on the spot like smooth lawyers.

Next time someone from our movement gets on a major network, he/she should prepare more before the interview, so that he/she will have more of an impact.

Underdogs always need to work harder than conformists.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Wow, he really didn't give them much time. I can't believe its 2011 and there are still people in the States who think you can just go over to Russia and for just a few thousand dollars, buy yourself a beautiful and faithful white girl who will obey your every command no matter how old or ugly you are. Like Russian girls are simple and easy to exploit, even by simpletons from the States.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Rock wrote: Like Russian girls are simple and easy to exploit, even by simpletons from the States.

It's not just Americans, Thailand gets a constant flow of western tourists and expats (from all over EU and the U.S.) who fork over their life savings to sexy up country girls. There's a bunch of women in the night clubs all over Thailand who live off of sponsors. It's old news these days. Some of them have moved into condos from donors. It's ridiculous and sad at the same time.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote: Like Russian girls are simple and easy to exploit, even by simpletons from the States.

It's not just Americans, Thailand gets a constant flow of western tourists and expats (from all over EU and the U.S.) who fork over their life savings to sexy up country girls. There's a bunch of women in the night clubs all over Thailand who live off of sponsors. It's old news these days. Some of them have moved into condos from donors. It's ridiculous and sad at the same time.

What I find most ridiculous is that so many American women and their bitches (the guys who kiss up to them) say that its we expats and travelers who are exploiting and controlling these poor helpless women from impoverished (read every country outside of Anglosphere and western Europe) countries.

There are a lot of sucker tourists and expats who get duped by women in places like Thailand. But its hard not to blame them given all the warnings out there. There is so much info online and in print from guys on the ground in the higher profile countries. And these days, there are plenty of tourists and expats who get a fair exchange - they pay by the hour, day, or week and nothing more. And they get great value for money if they hunt for it and negotiate a bit. If they find a nice girl that they click with, its a great deal for both sides - she gets paid like a college grad and he gets an inexpensive GF experience with no strings attached. Even in the P4P arena, there are some nice girls just as there are plenty of sharks in the non-P4P world.

Going back to Russians, I believe many are generally sharp and sophisticated, very different from impoverished SE Asians. Read some of what Lad and others has written in this subject in the past. If you spoke Russian, you would probably find many 'goldmines of intelligence', especially in T1 cities. I just thought the ideas some feminists still harbor about them and their relationships with western suitors were preposterous.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Rock wrote:There are a lot of sucker tourists and expats who get duped by women in places like Thailand. But its hard not to blame them given all the warnings out there. There is so much info online and in print from guys on the ground in the higher profile countries. And these days, there are plenty of tourists and expats who get a fair exchange - they pay by the hour, day, or week and nothing more. And they get great value for money if they hunt for it and negotiate a bit. If they find a nice girl that they click with, its a great deal for both sides - she gets paid like a college grad and he gets an inexpensive GF experience with no strings attached. Even in the P4P arena, there are some nice girls just as there are plenty of sharks in the non-P4P world.

I'm sure there are exceptions if you do your homework but the reason i'm so kneejerk against these types of sponsorships because I have seen way too many girls from the "normal" side of things who take advantage of men in this way. I am not a punter or a sponsor but I know a lot of guys who are heavy into the club scene and they regularly screw girls who are into this sort of life. It's extremely sad to be honest. Behind the curtain there's plenty of humiliation.
Going back to Russians, I believe many are generally sharp and sophisticated, very different from impoverished SE Asians. Read some of what Lad and others has written in this subject in the past. If you spoke Russian, you would probably find many 'goldmines of intelligence', especially in T1 cities. I just thought the ideas some feminists still harbor about them and their relationships with western suitors were preposterous.

While that's true, and I do agree with Winston to some degree about finding a match in this environment but the minefields are also much deadlier. SE asian women are simplistic in a way that finding the gems isn't that difficult once you have a good understanding of the culture because they shine brightly from the detritus. Although with Russian women or women who live lives of duplicity and educated backgrounds I see that as being much more difficult and dangerous waters to tread.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Repatriate wrote:I'm sure there are exceptions if you do your homework but the reason i'm so kneejerk against these types of sponsorships because I have seen way too many girls from the "normal" side of things who take advantage of men in this way. I am not a punter or a sponsor but I know a lot of guys who are heavy into the club scene and they regularly screw girls who are into this sort of life. It's extremely sad to be honest. Behind the curtain there's plenty of humiliation.

Yes, I'm against sponsorship too. But if its P4P, you need to pay for the time they spend with you. If they are with you for 2 hours and give you sex, pay them for ST. If they spend 12 hours or so with you including a sleepover and multiple sessions, pay them for LT. If they spend a week with you, negotiate a discounted daily rate. That's their job so pay them fairly - not excessively like a sucker but compensate them for their lost earning opportunity. If they are super young and/or beautiful, the opportunity cost will be a bit higher for them, esp. during high season, even if they do not realize this. So account for this too.

- Never pay for time she does not spend directly with you in the way you desire.
- Never send her money from overseas for any reason or emergency. She survived without your money before you appeared in her life. She can continue to do so.
- Avoid business oriented or greedy girls.
- Avoid girls who go with you grudgingly (they have their specs too and you might not be it).
- If a girl quotes a low price, is naturally innocent, fairly new to the game, attractive to you, and seems to like you, you may have found yourself a short-term gem. Enjoy her while she lasts.
- You can tell a lot about a girl from her closest friends, mother, and family members and how they respond and interact with each other. From this information, you can figure out her core values.
- If you wanna make yourself redundant, buy or transfer major assets to her name (house, condo, big lump sum, etc.).
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Rock wrote:Yes, I'm against sponsorship too. But if its P4P, you need to pay for the time they spend with you. If they are with you for 2 hours and give you sex, pay them for ST. If they spend 12 hours or so with you including a sleepover and multiple sessions, pay them for LT. If they spend a week with you, negotiate a discounted daily rate. That's their job so pay them fairly - not excessively like a sucker but compensate them for their lost earning opportunity. If they are super young and/or beautiful, the opportunity cost will be a bit higher for them, esp. during high season, even if they do not realize this. So account for this too.

- Never pay for time she does not spend directly with you in the way you desire.
- Never send her money from overseas for any reason or emergency. She survived without your money before you appeared in her life. She can continue to do so.
- Avoid business oriented or greedy girls.
- Avoid girls who go with you grudgingly (they have their specs too and you might not be it).
- If a girl quotes a low price, is naturally innocent, fairly new to the game, attractive to you, and seems to like you, you may have found yourself a short-term gem. Enjoy her while she lasts.
- You can tell a lot about a girl from her closest friends, mother, and family members and how they respond and interact with each other. From this information, you can figure out her core values.
- If you wanna make yourself redundant, buy or transfer major assets to her name (house, condo, big lump sum, etc.).

Great p4p rules. I agree with everything you wrote there. I'd say p4p is an entirely different lifestyle however. Most men on here seem to want some sort of long term companionship or understanding.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Rock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:

While that's true, and I do agree with Winston to some degree about finding a match in this environment but the minefields are also much deadlier. SE asian women are simplistic in a way that finding the gems isn't that difficult once you have a good understanding of the culture because they shine brightly from the detritus. Although with Russian women or women who live lives of duplicity and educated backgrounds I see that as being much more difficult and dangerous waters to tread.

Damn straight. The game is much tougher with Russians. They can play it convincingly over the long term. I met a well-off and successful (in business) Filipino American in Colombia who had been duped twice by Russian wives. Both times, they gamed him long enough to get their US Passports - 3 years if I remember right. During the wait, they had a great lifestyle on his dime but he got compensated with some great sex with gorgeous long legged Caucasians (both of them were hot). He had to hire private detectives and get translators involved to get any proof too. The Internet is full of similar stories. Perhaps the Ukraine is a bit less risky but the girls there tend to be more particular in their required specs too. I guess that just reflects reality - if it seems to good to be true...
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Rock wrote:Damn straight. The game is much tougher with Russians. They can play it convincingly over the long term. I met a well-off and successful (in business) Filipino American in Colombia who had been duped twice by Russian wives. Both times, they gamed him long enough to get their US Passports - 3 years if I remember right. During the wait, they had a great lifestyle on his dime but he got compensated with some great sex with gorgeous long legged Caucasians (both of them were hot). He had to hire private detectives and get translators involved to get any proof too. The Internet is full of similar stories. Perhaps the Ukraine is a bit less risky but the girls there tend to be more particular in their required specs too. I guess that just reflects reality - if it seems to good to be true...

No doubt but i'd say the "mark" in this case had a lot to do with it. Filipinos possess a deep colonial mentality (even Asian-Americans raised as Filipinos) who don't properly assess the women (or men) they are with using objective critical thinking or social skills. It's easy for a woman on the game to dupe men like this. 3 years is quite a bit of time though but not surprising. I'm sure they will hook up with some "good ole'" American boy sucker who will take them to the next level unfortunately. To be perfectly honest I think American and other anglo western society raised men are easy prey for this sort of thing.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:34 am

I don't get something. How did you guys know that Mark would be on the Today Show? In the article link, I can't even find his name.

Is there a video clip of his appearance on the show that we can view online?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:14 am

I found the link originally on AFA's front page

I usually check the site from time to time and found the link there.

They didn't spend as much time as I thought they would, short segment but its a step.

I see on some forums that often times they want to throw AFA under the bus when it really comes down to the individuals that complain. I have yet to see the same complaint twice. Some people don't like the socials. I'd say those are men that don't function well in a nightclub situation either but seldom admit it. Others complain about access to women. The company does have a monthly charge of $29.99 to be able to email back and forth for example. While Elena's charges all up front and works out to $16.50 per mouth for Gold Membership for one year. I say don't complain there cheaper alternatives but the specter of getting caught up in a scam leaves some people with no choice really.

I'm somewhat surprised Mark didn't pimp his book when he had the chance.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women