Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Mark Edward Davis on NBC's Today Show and Dr. Phil!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 am

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:Damn straight. The game is much tougher with Russians. They can play it convincingly over the long term. I met a well-off and successful (in business) Filipino American in Colombia who had been duped twice by Russian wives. Both times, they gamed him long enough to get their US Passports - 3 years if I remember right. During the wait, they had a great lifestyle on his dime but he got compensated with some great sex with gorgeous long legged Caucasians (both of them were hot). He had to hire private detectives and get translators involved to get any proof too. The Internet is full of similar stories. Perhaps the Ukraine is a bit less risky but the girls there tend to be more particular in their required specs too. I guess that just reflects reality - if it seems to good to be true...

No doubt but i'd say the "mark" in this case had a lot to do with it. Filipinos possess a deep colonial mentality (even Asian-Americans raised as Filipinos) who don't properly assess the women (or men) they are with using objective critical thinking or social skills. It's easy for a woman on the game to dupe men like this. 3 years is quite a bit of time though but not surprising. I'm sure they will hook up with some "good ole'" American boy sucker who will take them to the next level unfortunately. To be perfectly honest I think American and other anglo western society raised men are easy prey for this sort of thing.

I agree and there's always somebody with a tale of woe or fraud from a men's point of view when there's been plenty of FSU women duped by American men who were not as well-off as they said they were, it cuts both ways.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 am

djfourmoney wrote:I found the link originally on AFA's front page

I usually check the site from time to time and found the link there.

They didn't spend as much time as I thought they would, short segment but its a step.

I see on some forums that often times they want to throw AFA under the bus when it really comes down to the individuals that complain. I have yet to see the same complaint twice. Some people don't like the socials. I'd say those are men that don't function well in a nightclub situation either but seldom admit it. Others complain about access to women. The company does have a monthly charge of $29.99 to be able to email back and forth for example. While Elena's charges all up front and works out to $16.50 per mouth for Gold Membership for one year. I say don't complain there cheaper alternatives but the specter of getting caught up in a scam leaves some people with no choice really.

I'm somewhat surprised Mark didn't pimp his book when he had the chance.

When the media occasionally covers something important or relevant to people, they only have a few short minutes to talk about it. But when they cover useless shit like "gay rights" or "gays in the military" they will rant on for hours like there are no time constraints. It's really ridiculous. And it's indicative that their objective is to dumb you down and distract you.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 am

Btw, Mark told me that you can see his interview on the Today Show here at this link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 4#41018404

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Mark Edward Davis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:40 am

Hey, Guys, Mark here;

What a week!

I'll just start by saying, some of the criticisms I read here are justified. I had thought through a lot of things I wanted to say, but I needed to condense them tighter to fit into smaller sound bites. His question about us looking for prostitutes threw me for a split second and I did ramble more than I intended. I didn't pimp my book and I should have. But they invited to present my book to the senior producer as a topic for its own segment.

This was the first occassion I've had to share 3 minutes of TV interview time with four people. John Adams wanted to make sure he plugged his business, which just took up some of the time. He was a smart businessman for doing so.

I've done a lot of radio interviews and our family was featured on that hour long episode of Secret Lives of Women. But this was a higher level media attention, and I wish we had more time to respond to the allegations.

After kicking myself for not being more succinct, or for promoting my book, I do have some positive thoughts about this opportunity:

First, the ladies had a chance to speak up and they told more of the story than I ever could. They are the real story. Guys want to know if these women are sincere, confident, smart, and truly supportive of their men. We scored big with their presence.

Second, this may open other doors to allow my wife and I to share our message to more high profile media outlets. I have three opportunities that have been presented to me just since I got home.

Third, I have to say that this was a fantastic learning experience. I will be 100% better in the next set of interviews.

Finally, we need to look at the larger picture and celebrate that our cause has now risen to a higher level of interest at a higher level of media outlet. We will build on this and work to help millions of men understand that they have legitimate / superior choices for finding love overseas.

Guys, I'm not perfect, and I'll probably never be 100% happy with any interview. But I do want to create more positive public awareness for our cause and offer hope to other good men like us.

Mark

P.S.:

I'll be posting photos on my personal Facebook page - so please feel free to send a "Friend Add" request: http://www.facebook.com/themarkdavis
Also, please "Like" us on our Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Internati ... 8731139508
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:22 am

I'm glad you were invited to come on the Today Show. Since Business Week did that story, I'm sure it would gain some attention in the mainstream. The subject of MOB is usually attached to criminal activities whenever it comes up in the media and that's sad. For once this was something positive like the Secret Lives of Women show, but I think both you and John need to vigorously attack any notions of Prostitution/Sex Tourism and for maybe Anna or Tanya take complete offense too it. I also wish John would stop calling it a vacation.

I think too many people easily connect vacation + women = sex tourism

The other positives you found I agree with but I think there's so much more work to do.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:31 am

Winston wrote:

They didn't spend as much time as I thought they would, short segment but its a step.

I see on some forums that often times they want to throw AFA under the bus when it really comes down to the individuals that complain. I have yet to see the same complaint twice. Some people don't like the socials. I'd say those are men that don't function well in a nightclub situation either but seldom admit it. Others complain about access to women. The company does have a monthly charge of $29.99 to be able to email back and forth for example. While Elena's charges all up front and works out to $16.50 per mouth for Gold Membership for one year. I say don't complain there cheaper alternatives but the specter of getting caught up in a scam leaves some people with no choice really.

When the media occasionally covers something important or relevant to people, they only have a few short minutes to talk about it. But when they cover useless shit like "gay rights" or "gays in the military" they will rant on for hours like there are no time constraints. It's really ridiculous. And it's indicative that their objective is to dumb you down and distract you.

Which is why I don't watch much Mainstream Media....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:

Which is why I don't watch much Mainstream Media....

Ditto mainstream media is a waste of time and completely biased these days. The only thing you can do is use a combination of sources on the internet to get an "idea" of what is occurring.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi Mark,
I don't think the critical comments here were directed at you, but more at the media. They have always been very antagonistic toward the topic of foreign brides.

I'm surprised they still use the term "Mail Order Bride", which has long since been debunked, yet they still stick to it. The media is very prejudiced and ignorant, and expect us to be the same, but fortunately we are not.

I wish you during the show had a chance to clear up to the interviewer that there is technically such thing as a MOB as one cannot "order a bride" like from a catalogue, so that they would stop using that term to demean the whole concept. Someone needs to show the media their folly.

In any case, anyone can sit around and be a critic, but few have the guts to put themselves out there in the ring like you have. So I commend you for that. As Teddy Roosevelt said, the glory belongs to the man in the ring, not the critics on the sidelines.

Plus, we have to take into account that when you are being interviewed by an antagonistic media, it is hard to focus your thoughts to bring out your best points under such a critical spotlight. This is because when your supporters are interviewing you, you feel more empowered to present your best points, as you did during the Steve Hoca interviews. But when someone is trying to undermine you, it makes you feel less confident and more defensive and thus it becomes more difficult to organize and present your best points under all that "negative energy". (Thus it's best to go into an interview with your key points written down in an outline on paper, which is what I would usually do)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Mark, by the way, do you think it would be a good idea to put your interview on the Today Show up on YouTube? Would it help our cause? If so, I'll download it and send you a copy for your channel too.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby have2fly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:10 am

About video and what John's wife commented about dating someone when you live in NYC and she lives in California. Almost completely impossible in the USA, those relationships will not ever last. Those will only last in Russia or Ukraine, when a husband goes to work in the oil field of Siberia (for example) and his wife stays home in St. Petersburg and he is flying home every other weekend or so. Who in the sane mind having enough money to fly to California from NYC would do so? Also, who would travel to San Diego for a date from NYC not sure if he gets anything out of it? American guys go to Russia or Ukraine because they have a chance to get laid and have young girls sitting on their lap that they would never ever get in the USA even being fairly rich. Now I am talking about "Vacation" part.

That goes to the Russian girls. Why didn't they search for a guy from Kiev or Moscow, but instead went for an American dude? Because they wanted a guy who is a provider (not always a sponsor) and someone who is going to take them to "America" :) Little do they know, that American guys have to show off their "balls" and act like control freaks because American girls only understand that type of behavior. So in order for the actual marriage to work in the States, American guys have to learn how to be tender, sweet, open, sharing everything and romantic in old-school ways making sure that both you think as "WE" (if you go anywhere, you ALWAYS think what you and she wants etc, not just you), not as I and I. Ukrainian or Russian girls have to become a bit more independent, less needy of attention and a bit more tough in sex as American guys seem to take "sex" as "banging like an animal" where Russians and Ukrainians seem to talk about sex with a truly loved girl as "making love", I hope you get a vibe of that - it is totally different, more tender and caring etc. But American guys are just not used to that at all, most of them are used to "banging like a dog" type sex, the nastier the better. Of course there are Russian girls like that too, but it is definitely not a mainstream thing.

Overall, I am glad that the topic is out in the mainstream media and I do think Mark and John are doing a great job. But for me it's only a tip of the iceberg. I really think that in order to find a true love, you have to marry a girl and live with her back in her country. Get your children born there and preferably get them grown up to a decent age like 15-17 before (if ever) moving to the USA. Your child will get your US citizenship, but you will save TONS of money by raising your kid abroad and you will make sure that your wife really loves you because she did not marry you to live in the States.

Another VERY BIG thought is that bringing a girl from another country is really deceiving yourself. When you bring a girl from another country - you are not just bringing a hot body. That girl grew up, had a school that she went to, had parents, friends, relationships, travels, vacations, culture, movies, music, nightclubs etc. THAT life MADE her WHO she is!!! THAT life in another country is the one that you should be thankful for, no matter how shitty and corrupt life in Ukraine is, it gives you an opportunity to date and marry the most gorgeous women ever, who would also cook and pet you (not all of them, but you got the idea). Therefore, by bringing a girl from Ukraine, you have to understand that you are taking an expensive gem out of the jewelry store that is filled with them, but you are talking that gem with you into your country - which is a dumpster filled with synthetic worm-ridden McDonalds rotten burgers (I hope you get the metaphor and please don't get upset). What do you think is going to happen with a gem from jewelry store in a dumpster? Well, I will give you a hint: it will not shine for long! It only shines when clerk at the store cleans it (Ukrainian society which makes girls the way they are). You may say you will take care of your gem? Sure, but one gem is not going to shine when she is out of the jewelry store, they only shine when there are many of them on the ring or bracelet. Again, I hope you get my metaphor. And who do you think your children will be with that Ukrainian girl? I guarantee you, your daughter will grow up another ADD psycho weed-smoking mentally degraded self-centered text-message addicted ass grinding light beer drinking bitchy selfish ego-maniac American girl! Trust me, I've seen many immigrant children, they all grow up American gaining all of the social degraded morals and behavior.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Postby Jackal » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 am

Mark Edward Davis wrote:This was the first occassion I've had to share 3 minutes of TV interview time with four people. John Adams wanted to make sure he plugged his business, which just took up some of the time. He was a smart businessman for doing so.

Hi Mark,

It's understandable that you had a bit of trouble because you seem like a nice, normal guy. Unfortunately, the American mainstream media can be very cut-throat and it's often very difficult for underdogs to hold their own on there.

Mark Edward Davis wrote:Third, I have to say that this was a fantastic learning experience. I will be 100% better in the next set of interviews.

Great. Next time, I think you should start practicing your answers a week beforehand. You already know the usual stereotypes about "mail order brides" so you could have some good answers ready. You have to be like a lawyer preparing for a trial.

You also might want to dress a bit better (wear at least a polo shirt or a dress shirt). In fact, I would recommend wearing a dark suit. In that Today Show interview, the host looked like the adult because he was wearing a suit (even though it was an ugly-ass, light grey suit) and the rest of you looked like children and amateurs.

You should try to look as good or better than the host, so people will take you more seriously. Yes, this is shallow, but most people in the US are shallow.

Anyway, best of luck to you if you get to do it again sometime.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby FreeYourMind » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 am

Mark did fine, the problem was the interview was way too short.

The term "mail order bride" is so dated and gives away the interviewer's bias (and/or ignorance) toward the couples being interviewed. It wasn't a hostile interview, just a very short one in which the subject couldn't come close to being properly fleshed out.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 pm

have2fly wrote:About video and what John's wife commented about dating someone when you live in NYC and she lives in California. Almost completely impossible in the USA, those relationships will not ever last. Those will only last in Russia or Ukraine, when a husband goes to work in the oil field of Siberia (for example) and his wife stays home in St. Petersburg and he is flying home every other weekend or so. Who in the sane mind having enough money to fly to California from NYC would do so? Also, who would travel to San Diego for a date from NYC not sure if he gets anything out of it? American guys go to Russia or Ukraine because they have a chance to get laid and have young girls sitting on their lap that they would never ever get in the USA even being fairly rich. Now I am talking about "Vacation" part.

I only feel this is partially true. There are millions of examples of people that have connected across the country. You make it sound like people don't come to a decision to relocate or not... Back when there wasn't an internet this it was more problematic and trust was always under scrutiny. That is no longer the case and what works in-country, works overseas, Text, Phone, Internet, Skype.... It was only one State over but I picked my ex from her town in Arizona and she moved in....

That goes to the Russian girls. Why didn't they search for a guy from Kiev or Moscow, but instead went for an American dude? Because they wanted a guy who is a provider (not always a sponsor) and someone who is going to take them to "America" :) Little do they know, that American guys have to show off their "balls" and act like control freaks because American girls only understand that type of behavior. So in order for the actual marriage to work in the States, American guys have to learn how to be tender, sweet, open, sharing everything and romantic in old-school ways making sure that both you think as "WE" (if you go anywhere, you ALWAYS think what you and she wants etc, not just you), not as I and I. Ukrainian or Russian girls have to become a bit more independent, less needy of attention and a bit more tough in sex as American guys seem to take "sex" as "banging like an animal" where Russians and Ukrainians seem to talk about sex with a truly loved girl as "making love", I hope you get a vibe of that - it is totally different, more tender and caring etc. But American guys are just not used to that at all, most of them are used to "banging like a dog" type sex, the nastier the better. Of course there are Russian girls like that too, but it is definitely not a mainstream thing.

I think what most European Women complain about is Metrosexual Men. We don't have thugs in America, we have Thugs, Neanderthals and beaten down Men. I don't look at sex like animals but with everything they all have a time and place. Why would FSU women have to learn to become more independent? Where you finding these women at? If they are from or have lived in a major city, then they have been independent unless their entire family moved with them from the small town or village they are from into the city.

Only a small percentage of Western Men even get on the plane. If you don't think of yourself as "Action Jackson" or a "Doer" then this is likely not the thing for you. You can't be afraid of your own shadow, the specter of scams/rip-offs, etc, etc. I hardly think that's a problem with the people on this site...

Overall, I am glad that the topic is out in the mainstream media and I do think Mark and John are doing a great job. But for me it's only a tip of the iceberg. I really think that in order to find a true love, you have to marry a girl and live with her back in her country. Get your children born there and preferably get them grown up to a decent age like 15-17 before (if ever) moving to the USA. Your child will get your US citizenship, but you will save TONS of money by raising your kid abroad and you will make sure that your wife really loves you because she did not marry you to live in the States.

This makes all kinds of sense and I am thinking along those lines as well. I think I'll eventually get tired of putting on snow tires, running the snow plow, having to jump through hoops to get typical Western things and want to return to Sunny Southern California. Who knows, though? Nothing ventured and as you said, your children would be American Citizens by default and if you turn in the paperwork so would your wife.

Another VERY BIG thought is that bringing a girl from another country is really deceiving yourself. When you bring a girl from another country - you are not just bringing a hot body. That girl grew up, had a school that she went to, had parents, friends, relationships, travels, vacations, culture, movies, music, nightclubs etc. THAT life MADE her WHO she is!!! THAT life in another country is the one that you should be thankful for, no matter how shitty and corrupt life in Ukraine is, it gives you an opportunity to date and marry the most gorgeous women ever, who would also cook and pet you (not all of them, but you got the idea). Therefore, by bringing a girl from Ukraine, you have to understand that you are taking an expensive gem out of the jewelry store that is filled with them, but you are talking that gem with you into your country - which is a dumpster filled with synthetic worm-ridden McDonalds rotten burgers (I hope you get the metaphor and please don't get upset). What do you think is going to happen with a gem from jewelry store in a dumpster? Well, I will give you a hint: it will not shine for long! It only shines when clerk at the store cleans it (Ukrainian society which makes girls the way they are). You may say you will take care of your gem? Sure, but one gem is not going to shine when she is out of the jewelry store, they only shine when there are many of them on the ring or bracelet. Again, I hope you get my metaphor. And who do you think your children will be with that Ukrainian girl? I guarantee you, your daughter will grow up another ADD psycho weed-smoking mentally degraded self-centered text-message addicted ass grinding light beer drinking bitchy selfish ego-maniac American girl! Trust me, I've seen many immigrant children, they all grow up American gaining all of the social degraded morals and behavior.

Are you saying nobody text outside of America? I have seen that FSU women are quite fond of their cellphones. The only difference is the structure of the cellular system. In that here phones are subsidized heavily by the carriers and they are looking to make profit on offering services. In other places, the phones are expensive reflecting true cost to own and thus, most people have feature phones because they are affordable, while expensive smart phones are left to those that can truly afford them. Plus you aren't tied to your carrier like you are in the US and its generally cheaper and Pre-Paid is very popular. CDMA is rare outside of North America, the rest of the world is GSM... I'm sure you know that though.

I think we can agree that the pool of nice, attractive and well adjusted women is quite small. So your well-grounded, well-traveled and internationally minded child will not end up being the same adult American child that spent their entire lives in America, never traveled, parents never traveled and have no idea what life is like outside the US Sphere.

In fact I would say that your child because of this is admired by most people...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 am

FreeYourMind wrote:Mark did fine, the problem was the interview was way too short.

The term "mail order bride" is so dated and gives away the interviewer's bias (and/or ignorance) toward the couples being interviewed. It wasn't a hostile interview, just a very short one in which the subject couldn't come close to being properly fleshed out.

That and they often have to dumb shit down for folk in Middle America. Which is funny because most Middle Americans have European Roots and only a few generations removed from their grand parents making the trip from say Germany or Sweden in the mid to late 1800's.

I agree with the other post, we need more debunker's and I am willing to be one of them once I get there. I'd just have to keep my cursing down since some people are so stupid I'd have to put them in check.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Mark Edward Davis has his own Introduction Service now!

Postby Winston » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey all,
Check this out. Mark Davis has his own Russian bride introduction service now!

http://www.europeandreamconnections.com/

What do you think? Any suggestions you guys can give him? It's definitely an excellent step for him!
Last edited by Winston on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women