Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

My Upcoming Marriage!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby wallstreeterwww » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 am

DJ, I can understand how finances would make you less aggressive, as this ismy current situation also plus im going through some very bad ocd type experiences. I really hope you also find the woman of your dreams dude. Just dont give up :)
wallstreeterwww
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 am

Good luck. But you should not promise marriage to someone you haven't even met yet. And even when you meet her, you should at least wait a few months. Sheesh. Get a grip.

You can't even be sure she is a virgin.

Where is she from exactly?

Do you know that if she goes to America with you on a fiancee visa or spousal visa, she has to wait years to get her green card before she can legally work? So you can't just get her a job like that.

When you meet her, if you need any advice about signs and clues from her and her family, you can consult with Dianne over Skype. We should have a consultation service ready by then.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: My Upcoming Marriage!

Postby The_Adventurer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Repatriate wrote:
ErikHeaven wrote:A 32 year old virgin eh? I imagine I saw a unicorn once but alas it was just my bottle of hoegaardan bobbing up and down on my chest.

This is the Philippines. A 32 year old virgin is not some high improbability. In fact I met some older. Granted, looking at them one might understand why, but the PI is still full of traditional girls who wait.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

I thank everybody

Postby ErikHeaven » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:19 pm

For your advice. The wedding is set for July 2012. Keep you posted.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Postby ErikHeaven » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Wow Winston. She is from Manilla and every lady in her family is or was a virgin before marriage. Granted you know more about Phils than me.
I have seen the whole entire family. And in august i will fly there to ask her Father for permission to marry her. Then the wedding is next year.
I got this brother. Its all worked out.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

beware

Postby targetguy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:07 pm

:cry: There are many you tube videos on the scammers there i was supporting 2 for a while and ifthey have a bf or legally married dont be surprised. All
i can say is get a prenuptual and many there are out for money nothing else at cherry blossoms. The one i met said single and no kids, when i got there she had
3 kids and lot of medical problems.
no scammers
targetguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Erik,
Do you want to email me pics of this girl and her family, so me and Dianne can try to read vibes from them? If so, PM me.

Winston

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:25 pm

What does her family do? Do they have a business? Do her parents work? How poor are they? How do they get by? Any signs or clues?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Adama » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:44 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
Adama wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:How could you marry somebody you never met or spent time with? I thought I had a Norwegian Girl on lock, it blew up in my face. We had started talking about me relocating to Oslo and getting a job at Ford, since one of her family members worked at the plant. Something happen when we met. She was standoff-ish and we went back to her apartment. We sat and talked for maybe 20 mins, but then she was like "you need to find a place to stay". We had never talked about me staying off-site, but she had a young son, it was understandable.

It was likely just an excuse to get rid of me. We had lunch, that's the picture I posted elsewhere on this site. We parted, she mentioned having to pick up her son from pre-school. She disappeared down the subway tunnel and about 30 seconds later I got a SMS/Text and it said something about I wasn't what she thought I would be or some other tripe.

The entire thing blew up in my face at that point, I went to Sweden and then Germany before I figured out it all failed. $3K down the drain and nothing to show for it.

I totally agree with OneZero, you've been WARNED...

Sorry to say, but if she was Scandinavian, there is one thing that is very different than a virgin from a male dominated country. That being she was most likely a jaded woman who had more sex partners than a working woman. Of course she was cold. All she had in her heart is dead.

MatthewF over on the-niceguy had a similar thing happen to him. He is successfully married to his Filipina that he had an online romance with. No idea how long they were together before they married, but many men do this. But I couldnt. Just not into shotgun weddings and I dont trust women enough to do it after only internet chatting.

I don't believe "location" has much to do with it. Maybe she was just disappointed. Oh well, just felt awful that I made it a point to see her first. The other women detected they were second best and women do NOT want to feel like they are second best, well at least some women don't. That proves that WOVO (Write One, Visit One) doesn't always work so its no surprise that men are convinced there will be no disappointments once you show up for first meeting. I had no fear, in fact that was the first time I had traveled to meet any woman and get rejected. So the fact that I failed doesn't really bother me, all the other times has resulted in whatever I wanted and always included getting laid within 48 hours of touching down.

Sure location has a large influence on all this. Cultural values are different depending on the locations, as we all know from living in sex prison of North America. Those Scandinavian women are the most casual sex women in the world. They save nothing for marriage. They are jaded women, and even the Scandinavian men accept this. Although marriage isnt common there. That may be another reason for her flaking.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I saw the pics of ErikHeaven's fiancee, and I must say, she looks like a nice decent girl. She looked sincere and posed in nicely furnished backgrounds and was dressed like a refined person. Her home looked very middle class and well decorated too, like her family had some class. All those are good signs.

It's also a good sign that her family runs a resort and helps Filipinos get visas overseas. It shows that they are responsible and have ethics.

ErikHeaven, if you can send me some photos of her family, that would be great too. If you don't have them, just ask her to send them to you. Does she have pics on Facebook too? If so, those will reveal things about her too.

She looks a bit full figured, but still sexy nevertheless.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby E_Irizarry » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

djfourmoney wrote:How could you marry somebody you never met or spent time with? I thought I had a Norwegian Girl on lock, it blew up in my face. We had started talking about me relocating to Oslo and getting a job at Ford, since one of her family members worked at the plant. Something happen when we met. She was standoff-ish and we went back to her apartment. We sat and talked for maybe 20 mins, but then she was like "you need to find a place to stay". We had never talked about me staying off-site, but she had a young son, it was understandable.

It was likely just an excuse to get rid of me. We had lunch, that's the picture I posted elsewhere on this site. We parted, she mentioned having to pick up her son from pre-school. She disappeared down the subway tunnel and about 30 seconds later I got a SMS/Text and it said something about I wasn't what she thought I would be or some other tripe.

The entire thing blew up in my face at that point, I went to Sweden and then Germany before I figured out it all failed. $3K down the drain and nothing to show for it.

I totally agree with OneZero, you've been WARNED...

That's what you get for dealing with a single mother so seriously. Let them burn. f**k n' chuck 'em as Mancoat members love to say.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby pete98146 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Davao is supposed to be a nice area! I do know that they are strict with many of their laws like littering, traffic control, indoor smoking etc. Davao also tends to get less of the crappy weather/severe storms.

Sounds like a great plan!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby keius » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Winston wrote:Do you know that if she goes to America with you on a fiancee visa or spousal visa, she has to wait years to get her green card before she can legally work? So you can't just get her a job like that.

Actually, you can.
Are the talking about the K-1 Fiance Visa? I doubt it is any different than the Fiance Visa process for China. As soon as she gets to the US(and gets her marriage certificate), she can obtain a temp social security card, workers permit card(allows you to work right away), and apply for her conditional green card. Except for the green card, everything is obtained easily and speedily. The temp social security card number will actually become permanent later on. The work permit is unnecessary as long as she has the social sec card, unless she's getting some kind of prof job that requires a background investigation.
The work permit does expire and is no longer needed when she gets the conditional green card. Takes about 6 months to get the card. After a couple years, (2yrs, 9 months iirc) She applies for the nonconditional green card....by which time she's almost at the mark where she can apply for US citizenship(3 month process). After that, she can then apply for her parents to come to the US(About a 1yr+ process). Watch out for this one....with poor immigrants, it usually involves, a process of importing her entire bloody extended family to the states....on your dime....over an extended period of time. When her parents become citizens, that's when more imports come in. And they won't have the money, so it'll be your responsibility to pay for all the fees and file the affidavit of supports under your name.

My wife's been in the states for over 4 years. She has her US citizenship and we are in the midst of importing her parents here. She came on a K1 fiance visa. She has been working since a month after arrival.
My sister in law came a bit before my wife. She came on a Spousal Visa to a US citizen. She didn't need a conditional green card. She got her NONconditional green card right away. And started working within a month of arriving.
keius
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:Wow Winston. She is from Manilla and every lady in her family is or was a virgin before marriage. Granted you know more about Phils than me.
I have seen the whole entire family. And in august i will fly there to ask her Father for permission to marry her. Then the wedding is next year.

And how many had of these Maria's had premature first born children? Exactly how does virginity questions come up in conversations anyway?
Raja
Freshman Poster

Postby keius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 am

Raja wrote:
ErikHeaven wrote:Wow Winston. She is from Manilla and every lady in her family is or was a virgin before marriage. Granted you know more about Phils than me.

And how many had of these Maria's had premature first born children? Exactly how does virginity questions come up in conversations anyway?

Prob because he's looking for a nice, down to earth, sweet, pure-like, girl. Most of us who went overseas looking to get hitched were looking for that kind of girl.
So they discuss past relationships. I had the same talk with my wife before marriage. I was brutally honest.
She was NOT a happy camper for awhile (i wasn't remotely a virgin ok :P ), but that's part of building trust... by being honest.

Anyway, just remember that many virgins do NOT have hymens. They are a number of reasons why (horseback riding, too much sports, etc), and some women are actually born without one. You can look these up yourself.

But, considering how old she is and how life in the PHI is like, she prob won't have a hymen (not necessarily because of sex ok?) so there probably is no way to confirm that she actually is a virgin. IF for some reason she does actually bleed... i'd seriously take that blood to a lab and have it analyzed to see if it matched her blood type and that it wasn't chicken blood or one of those popular fake hymens on the market. If a girl is a "born again virgin" and has had surgery to restore her hymen, then the only way to detect that is to have a doctor give her an exam, looking for signs of Hymen replacement surgery. Any signs of the fake tricks and i'd say you've been conned and she was dishonest and prob never a virgin in the first place.

Google virginity fraud for more info.
keius
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women