Are Wars Necessary and Natural?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Are Wars Necessary and Natural?

Post by Iawesome60 »

What does everyone think about wars and violence (in history)? I loathe them for the most part. I loathe violence and war because:
-People are injured
-People die and families are affected by the losses
-No one deserves to be injured and/or die :(
-The causes of war and violence are vacuous

I'll provide examples

Violence:
-9/11 in the USA: Very tragic day. No one deserved to die
-The Holocaust: No one deserved to be tortured and/or die because of a man's racism
-Europeans coming to the Americas (present day Canada, USA, Central America, and South America): They didn't care about the Natives that were there before them. So, they killed and conquered rudely
-Slavery in the Western Hemisphere
-USA dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan (that was BRUTAL). Innocent people died
-Etc

Wars:
-The Vietnam War
-World War II
-The Cold War between Russia and the USA
-World War I
-Wars before World War I
-The Iraq War
-The one in Libya
-Other wars before 1900
-Other wars I didn't mention

I wish people were serene. People need to think what they're going to do. If they don't think, there will be HARSH ramifications. Those ramifications are injured people, dead people, affected families, etcetera. The ONLY time war and/or violence should be acceptable is to defend yourself, ONLY if you didn't start it. The parties starting wars and violence should be ashamed of themselves.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Wars show that most people are brainwashed and very stupid. Instead of fighting their opressors, they are manipulated into fighting FOR them. People who are free and haven't been domesticated yet are seen as enemies and are conquered using the blood of duped morons fighting for their own enslavement. That's the jist of it, people are duuuuuuuuuuuuumb.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

“Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.�
- George Bernard Shaw

“Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.�
- Bertrand Russell

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.�
- Oscar Wilde

“Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?�
- Blaise Pascal

“Patriotism in its simplest, clearest, and most indubitable signification is nothing else but a means of obtaining for the rulers their ambitions and covetous desires, and for the ruled the abdication of human dignity, reason, and conscience, and a slavish enthralment to those in power.�
- Leo Tolstoy

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service."
- Albert Einstein
Last edited by Winston on January 31st, 2013, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

Winston wrote:“Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.�
- George Bernard Shaw

“Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.�
- Bertrand Russell

“Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.�
- Oscar Wilde

“Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?�
- Blaise Pascal

“Patriotism in its simplest, clearest, and most indubitable signification is nothing else but a means of obtaining for the rulers their ambitions and covetous desires, and for the ruled the abdication of human dignity, reason, and conscience, and a slavish enthralment to those in power.�
- Leo Tolstoy

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service."
- Albert Einstein
Winston, these quotes explain why violence and wars happen. Rulers today, the past and before those published quotes need to read these. Rulers are the Congress, the president, and etcetera.

Odbo, I agree brother. People have to see they're manipulated.
Last edited by Iawesome60 on September 2nd, 2011, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

War is health for the state.... some smart f***er wrote that.

my patriotism amounts to rooting for the US at the few remaining cool olympic events....count me out to kill or be killed by foreigners ....who if not politically-religiously brainwashed like most of the planet, could in all probability become a good friend of mine
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Simple fact is...If a person wants something, it's usually at the expense of others. This is the same for individuals or for nations. And yes, many rulers do take the suffering under consideration. BUT, it's an acceptable cost for most.

"The ONLY time war and/or violence should be acceptable is to defend yourself, ONLY if you didn't start it."
If I was the ruler of a poor nation whose people were suffering and dying/starving because we lacked certain resources that a neighboring rich nation possessed (and didn't want to share or help). And I had superior military might, you'd better believe that i'd have my armies moving. The responsibilities of a ruler/leader are far different from that of the average joe.

From the perspective of those well off and NOT suffering, we can afford to point fingers and posturize, BUT we aren't the one's at ground zero.

Personally, i hate War as much as the next guy, but i have to understand the realities of war and why it happens. For the US, it really is about maintaining the "health for the state". If you don't understand this statement, then you need to take a refresher on economics, international relations, etc. It's a harsh reality that i think many who have gone to the White House never fully realized until they sat in that office. Obama promised to end the war. Look at what's happening right now. That's not to say that leader's haven't made any stupid decisions when it come's to starting 'conflicts'. Still, there are probably alot of underlying reasons for starting 'conflicts'...that are never fully explained to the public.

I don't condone War, but i do understand why it happens. Simple fact is, everyone look's out for their own interests first.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So what was the true purpose of the Vietnam War then? It seemed totally pointless and illogical. There were no resources to control, and the cover story did not make sense.

What about what David Icke said about wars being "mass sacrifice rituals" of the Illuminati to provide nourishment for the entities that possess them?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

i read that the french power elite were trying to get drilling rights off shore of vietnam and were refused...then the gulf of tonkin false flag ocurred and zillions were generated for the war industry who are a monstrous DC lobby and citizens lots more of their civil and constitutional rights.

whats not to like from a government point of view???
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

I also despise when I hear leaders getting killed. I hear it and watch it on a news source. No one ever deserves to lose their life. Life is our best gift. It is WAY better than a Christmas gift. I do wish countries around world had NO issues. I wish there were no political issues, no financial issues, no territory issues, no violence, no poverty, and etcetera. If these social issues were eliminated, the world would be a better place.

Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Re: Wars and violence

Post by Jeygonza »

Iawesome60 wrote:What does everyone think about wars and violence (in history)? I loathe them for the most part. I loathe violence and war because:
-People are injured
-People die and families are affected by the losses
-No one deserves to be injured and/or die :(
-The causes of war and violence are vacuous

I'll provide examples

Violence:
-9/11 in the USA: Very tragic day. No one deserved to die
-The Holocaust: No one deserved to be tortured and/or die because of a man's racism
-Europeans coming to the Americas (present day Canada, USA, Central America, and South America): They didn't care about the Natives that were there before them. So, they killed and conquered rudely
-Slavery in the Western Hemisphere
-USA dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan (that was BRUTAL). Innocent people died
-Etc

Wars:
-The Vietnam War
-World War II
-The Cold War between Russia and the USA
-World War I
-Wars before World War I
-The Iraq War
-The one in Libya
-Other wars before 1900
-Other wars I didn't mention

I wish people were serene. People need to think what they're going to do. If they don't think, there will be HARSH ramifications. Those ramifications are injured people, dead people, affected families, etcetera. The ONLY time war and/or violence should be acceptable is to defend yourself, ONLY if you didn't start it. The parties starting wars and violence should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree with you, wars have never left anything good, just a lot of hatred and fear. People stop believing in others and think that everyone wants to damage it. The world wars, the Holocaust and all the other stupid wars have not solved any problems. The war brought with it death, destruction and much pain.
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Nobody here has mentioned the Korean War; also known as the "Forgotten War." I believe the decision by the US to intervene during that conflict was ultimately a good choice. IMO, many South Koreans have benefited to this day because of our military aid and sacrifice in the partial defeat of the communists. However, I'm not so sure that all South Koreans would agree with me, since many now are separated from their loved ones in the North as a result of the US getting involved. Though at the same time, at least they now have the opportunity to live in a freer, republic-style society, and don't have live in fear like their counterparts up in the North, who are as drones who must remain loyal to the ruling-Kim dictatorship. The South has a better quality of life as a result, and also the citizens there are better able to influence the rest of the world with their contributions.

There is really so much more to the complicated and bloody path of human history, that one can't just simplify it enough to claim that "all wars are pointless." War certainly is unfortunate, though.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

Disillusioned_American wrote:Nobody here has mentioned the Korean War; also known as the "Forgotten War." I believe the decision by the US to intervene during that conflict was ultimately a good choice. IMO, many South Koreans have benefited to this day because of our military aid and sacrifice in the partial defeat of the communists. However, I'm not so sure that all South Koreans would agree with me, since many now are separated from their loved ones in the North as a result of the US getting involved. Though at the same time, at least they now have the opportunity to live in a freer, republic-style society, and don't have live in fear like their counterparts up in the North, who are as drones who must remain loyal to the ruling-Kim dictatorship. The South has a better quality of life as a result, and also the citizens there are better able to influence the rest of the world with their contributions.

There is really so much more to the complicated and bloody path of human history, that one can't just simplify it enough to claim that "all wars are pointless." War certainly is unfortunate, though.
I sincerely apologize for not listing the Korean War. I concur with your point that "war certainly is unfortunate, though." I would not intentionally forget a war.

Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know any information about the relationship between Iran and the US? Does anyone know any information about the relationship between Iran and other countries? I HOPE that these relationships are not soured to a point that a war occurs.

thanatho
Freshman Poster

Post by thanatho »

War is about differing ideas. In the end, no one wins. All war achieves is death and destruction.

Even in the case of WWII, when the Allies went to war with Germany, Italy and Japan. Russia was defending itself, and in the end hundreds of thousands of German women between the ages of 14-65 were raped by Russian soldiers.

As the saying goes, "Old men declare war, but it is the young who die in it."