Was Hitler actually the good guy? Is he wrongly demonized/vilified?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Has Hitler been overly demonized/vilified and not as bad as we were told?

Post by Cornfed »

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:21 am
Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 7:56 pm
growup wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm
my aunt Josie was born in Majdanek concentration camp.
You mean the Germans paid to look after enemy civilians during a desperate war against the most evil people in human history? Hitler should be your hero.
No. the Germans didn't know she had been born. Otherwise, she would have been killed. I'm sorry that you are so misinformed, but that's probably because you've never been to a concentration camp site or read a real book or talked to a survivor.
I wish I could be as ignorant as you.
So your grandmother managed to secretly be pregnant with, birth, hide and raise a baby in an internment camp? I mean, come on, grow up.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

She was pregnant when she entered the camp.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:21 am
Cornfed wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 7:56 pm
growup wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 6:51 pm
my aunt Josie was born in Majdanek concentration camp.
You mean the Germans paid to look after enemy civilians during a desperate war against the most evil people in human history? Hitler should be your hero.
No. the Germans didn't know she had been born. Otherwise, she would have been killed. I'm sorry that you are so misinformed, but that's probably because you've never been to a concentration camp site or read a real book or talked to a survivor.
I wish I could be as ignorant as you.
Cornfed is on my IGNORE list, I do not read what he writes and I do not reply to any of his comments.

It's always bizarre and sadly ridiculous if people who never had anything to do with Europe and have no idea about WWII post friendly comments about Hitler and his ilk.

There is nothing what could be considered as 'nice' with Hitler and WWII. The only argument to defend Hitler in some sense might be that other leaders at that time, especially in Russia were nothing better than Hitler himself.

Hitler had no political experience, was misguided by his advisors who were the totally wrong and crazy people similar to himself and he made horrible mistakes, not only about Jews, decisions which resulted in a huge loss of human life of his own German people.

He was clearly suffering of megalomania, dreaming to rule the world - typical for somebody who suddenly finds himself in a powerful position.
I am happy that this time is now a part of the past in Europe.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

I agree in that I think Stalin was also crazy.
None of my family is Jewish, we're Polish, and I'm pretty sure there's some gypsy thrown in there somewhere along the line.
I try my best to love all people and the grandmother on my Mom's side (the only one who was not in a concentration camp) hid a Jewish family in her attic (thankfully, they all lived through the war)
Thank you for being sane!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

At that time a human life had no value - same in Europe, same in Asia.
We cannot change history.

There were always wars since humans exist, but the time around WWII and after were especially cruel.
Of course it was not only Hitler and not only Stalin, here in Asia you might blame the Japanese, the Chinese, the Vietnamese, the Cambodians etc. for killing not only the enemy, but even their own people.

I am grateful that I was born a little bit after (1952) and about 20 miles west of the Iron Curtain (Hungarian-Austrian border), so I did suffer some brutality and poverty as a child, but this is nothing if you compare it with the desperate life of millions of other people.

What about today? Well, except within the Islamic world and some strange places like North Korea the worst is hopefully a part of the past - at least during my lifetime and the lifetime of my family.

I think the worst is over, at least for a while. Lucky I could escape any war so far.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 11:54 am
I agree in that I think Stalin was also crazy....
Yes, true.
The other side of the front was nothing better....To survive at that time was nothing but pure luck and human life had no value

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... camps.html
When the temperature falls to nearly 50 degrees below zero, it becomes almost impossible for the body to function. To do so, it needs to be wrapped in the latest extreme cold weather clothing, which can cost thousands of pounds. And even that may not prove adequate.

Think, then, of what it would have been like to endure such temperatures in Russia in the 1930s, without the benefit of modern technology.

Worse still, imagine you were in one of Stalin's hellish forced labour camps — the notorious gulags — called Vorkuta, where only 30 per cent of the prisoners had underclothes and just half owned anything resembling a decent pair of boots.
After all, this was a system, instigated by Lenin himself, that was designed to remove 'counter-revolutionaries' and other 'undesirables' from society by placing them in brutal camps in savagely inhospitable environments, and working them to death.

It was Stalin who perfected the system, and even after it was wound down and then formally abandoned in 1960, the gulags continued in all but name until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

growup wrote:
the grandmother on my Mom's side (the only one who was not in a concentration camp) hid a Jewish family in her attic
You don’t perhaps think your grandmother was yanking your chain? If true that was pretty stupid given that the Jews massacred a good part of the elite of your country in the Katyn Forest.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Cornfed wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 1:57 am
growup wrote:
the grandmother on my Mom's side (the only one who was not in a concentration camp) hid a Jewish family in her attic
You don’t perhaps think your grandmother was yanking your chain? If true that was pretty stupid given that the Jews massacred a good part of the elite of your country in the Katyn Forest.
[/quote

She wasn't yanking my chain, she was being a good person.
I am so sorry that you are so very deeply unhappy, Cornfed. I hope, somewhere in your life, you find a little bit of good. It must suck to be so hateful.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

growup wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 10:52 am
I am so sorry that you are so very deeply unhappy, Cornfed. I hope, somewhere in your life, you find a little bit of good. It must suck to be so hateful.
Hate is a way to self-destruction - It is no solution for anything, but a recipe of going to nowhere.
You have to overcome your feelings of hate, otherwise you will harm yourself.

I don't know what made this man so hateful, something terrible happened to him in his past.

Don't ask me what people did to me, I also should hate them. But... to forget about your past is impossible, to forgive is difficult, but you have to overcome your hate or you have no future.

If people you hate are living next to you the best is - if you can do it - refuse any contact with them, move away, start a new life somewhere else with entire new people. Never look back. Time and distance are healing, despite scars will remain.

That's all I can say about - out of my own experience...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

growup wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 10:52 am
Cornfed wrote:
September 13th, 2018, 1:57 am
growup wrote:
She wasn't yanking my chain, she was being a good person.

The usual bullshit female shaming language we are all familiar with.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

No, I'm sincerely sorry that you are so unhappy.
I hope you find your happiness someday.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

No, your hateful language (especially toward women) screams that you are unhappy.
I hope you have a wonderful night, sir.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed will grow on you but you need to give him a chance.. He is indiscriminant in his hatred for everybody..
Time to Hide!
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Well, I suppose I can get behind that.
As long as there is no discrimination, ha.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

growup - we're glad to have you here. Don't let these guys push you around ;)