Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Has Hitler been overly demonized/vilified and not as bad as we were told?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

growup
Freshman Poster

Re: Has Hitler been overly demonized/vilified and not as bad as we were told?

Post by growup » August 26th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Because even awful people can seem good.
my grandparents were not the media.
one was in Auschwitz, two were in Majdanek.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque » August 29th, 2018, 8:57 pm

One of the great books on the subject is " The Bad War " by Mike King , you know it must of hurt because Amazon banned it.

The Yalta conference says it all in one picture, why would our president Roosevelt and America be teamed up with the leader " Elite Puppet " and country we fought for independence from in the revolution Britain and also Stalin who killed 10's of millions of his own Russians ?

Feelings aside we are not being told the truth in the mainstream at all..... It just seems to be the usual, a gullible public duped and then used as cannon fodder for the state gobbling up territory and putting the boot on any competition.....
Time to Hide!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » September 5th, 2018, 5:22 am

Winston wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 5:32 am
growup wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 4:52 am
3 out of 4 of my grandparents were in concentration camps...thankfully, they survived, but the scars (both physical and emotional) were there until their deaths.
So, no, I don't think Hitler was labelled unfairly.
But Stalin was much worse. .....Mao of China killed a lot more than Hitler and Stalin combined. So why is Hitler demonized as the most evil man of all time and the devil incarnate, etc?
Yes, correct,
however there is one significant difference,

Hitler lost the war, WWII.

Same with the Japanese, they also lost WWII but their leaders are not so well-known as they were always acting in a group, called
Supreme Council for the Direction of the War 最高戦争指導会議, the most powerful person at the end of WWII was Korechika Anami 惟幾阿南.

The 'most evil man' will be always somebody who is a loser and not a winner.

-----

growup » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:06 am
About Adolf Hitler, both of my parents hated him and both of my parents were not Jewish and were born and living in Austria, all of my ancestors were Austrian citizens without Jewish links. I am also Austrian citizen and I remember still some destroyed cities, Russian occupation and looting around 1955 and was living in poverty as a small child near Vienna.

Many Austrians and Bavarians from the very beginning on were not supportive at all to such political ideas created by a homeless guy, they sent him even to jail. However Hitler managed to renounce Austrian citizenship and was welcome in impoverished Germany at that time.

Hitler's administration forced my mother to work in a factory producing explosives near Vienna, heavily bombed during WWII.
Not really a concentration camp, but not a nice place either, fearing for your life all the time.

My father was taken to Northern Germany to the submarines against his will but could change that, he was finally sent to combat against Russia. He was lucky. He survived as he missed the departure to Stalingrad.

To survive was nothing but good luck at that time and it's not only about Jews and concentration camps...

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup » September 10th, 2018, 2:51 am

Yohan wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 5:22 am
Winston wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 5:32 am
growup wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 4:52 am
3 out of 4 of my grandparents were in concentration camps...thankfully, they survived, but the scars (both physical and emotional) were there until their deaths.
So, no, I don't think Hitler was labelled unfairly.
But Stalin was much worse. .....Mao of China killed a lot more than Hitler and Stalin combined. So why is Hitler demonized as the most evil man of all time and the devil incarnate, etc?
Yes, correct,
however there is one significant difference,

Hitler lost the war, WWII.

Same with the Japanese, they also lost WWII but their leaders are not so well-known as they were always acting in a group, called
Supreme Council for the Direction of the War 最高戦争指導会議, the most powerful person at the end of WWII was Korechika Anami 惟幾阿南.

The 'most evil man' will be always somebody who is a loser and not a winner.

-----

growup » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:06 am
About Adolf Hitler, both of my parents hated him and both of my parents were not Jewish and were born and living in Austria, all of my ancestors were Austrian citizens without Jewish links. I am also Austrian citizen and I remember still some destroyed cities, Russian occupation and looting around 1955 and was living in poverty as a small child near Vienna.

Many Austrians and Bavarians from the very beginning on were not supportive at all to such political ideas created by a homeless guy, they sent him even to jail. However Hitler managed to renounce Austrian citizenship and was welcome in impoverished Germany at that time.

Hitler's administration forced my mother to work in a factory producing explosives near Vienna, heavily bombed during WWII.
Not really a concentration camp, but not a nice place either, fearing for your life all the time.

My father was taken to Northern Germany to the submarines against his will but could change that, he was finally sent to combat against Russia. He was lucky. He survived as he missed the departure to Stalingrad.

To survive was nothing but good luck at that time and it's not only about Jews and concentration camps...
THANK YOU.
my aunt Josie was born in Majdanek concentration camp. I have absolutely no idea how she survived. Good luck, like you said, I guess.
I have nothing good to say about Hitler.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » September 10th, 2018, 3:35 am

Yohan wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 5:22 am

Obviously all countries involved in WWII had to conscript people.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » September 10th, 2018, 3:56 am

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 2:51 am
my aunt Josie was born in Majdanek concentration camp.
You mean the Germans paid to look after enemy civilians during a desperate war against the most evil people in human history? Hitler should be your hero.

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup » September 10th, 2018, 3:21 pm

Cornfed wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 3:56 am
growup wrote:
You mean the Germans paid to look after enemy civilians during a desperate war against the most evil people in human history? Hitler should be your hero.
No. the Germans didn't know she had been born. Otherwise, she would have been killed. I'm sorry that you are so misinformed, but that's probably because you've never been to a concentration camp site or read a real book or talked to a survivor.
I wish I could be as ignorant as you.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » September 10th, 2018, 3:26 pm

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Cornfed wrote:
growup wrote:
No. the Germans didn't know she had been born. Otherwise, she would have been killed. I'm sorry that you are so misinformed, but that's probably because you've never been to a concentration camp site or read a real book or talked to a survivor.
So your grandmother managed to secretly be pregnant with, birth, hide and raise a baby in an internment camp? I mean, come on, grow up.

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup » September 10th, 2018, 3:27 pm

She was pregnant when she entered the camp.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » September 10th, 2018, 5:52 pm

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Cornfed wrote:
growup wrote:
Cornfed is on my IGNORE list, I do not read what he writes and I do not reply to any of his comments.

It's always bizarre and sadly ridiculous if people who never had anything to do with Europe and have no idea about WWII post friendly comments about Hitler and his ilk.

There is nothing what could be considered as 'nice' with Hitler and WWII. The only argument to defend Hitler in some sense might be that other leaders at that time, especially in Russia were nothing better than Hitler himself.

Hitler had no political experience, was misguided by his advisors who were the totally wrong and crazy people similar to himself and he made horrible mistakes, not only about Jews, decisions which resulted in a huge loss of human life of his own German people.

He was clearly suffering of megalomania, dreaming to rule the world - typical for somebody who suddenly finds himself in a powerful position.
I am happy that this time is now a part of the past in Europe.

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup » September 10th, 2018, 7:54 pm

I agree in that I think Stalin was also crazy.
None of my family is Jewish, we're Polish, and I'm pretty sure there's some gypsy thrown in there somewhere along the line.
I try my best to love all people and the grandmother on my Mom's side (the only one who was not in a concentration camp) hid a Jewish family in her attic (thankfully, they all lived through the war)
Thank you for being sane!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » September 11th, 2018, 7:48 am

At that time a human life had no value - same in Europe, same in Asia.
We cannot change history.

There were always wars since humans exist, but the time around WWII and after were especially cruel.
Of course it was not only Hitler and not only Stalin, here in Asia you might blame the Japanese, the Chinese, the Vietnamese, the Cambodians etc. for killing not only the enemy, but even their own people.

I am grateful that I was born a little bit after (1952) and about 20 miles west of the Iron Curtain (Hungarian-Austrian border), so I did suffer some brutality and poverty as a child, but this is nothing if you compare it with the desperate life of millions of other people.

What about today? Well, except within the Islamic world and some strange places like North Korea the worst is hopefully a part of the past - at least during my lifetime and the lifetime of my family.

I think the worst is over, at least for a while. Lucky I could escape any war so far.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » September 13th, 2018, 6:46 am

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:54 pm
I agree in that I think Stalin was also crazy....
Yes, true.
The other side of the front was nothing better....To survive at that time was nothing but pure luck and human life had no value

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... camps.html
When the temperature falls to nearly 50 degrees below zero, it becomes almost impossible for the body to function. To do so, it needs to be wrapped in the latest extreme cold weather clothing, which can cost thousands of pounds. And even that may not prove adequate.

Think, then, of what it would have been like to endure such temperatures in Russia in the 1930s, without the benefit of modern technology.

Worse still, imagine you were in one of Stalin's hellish forced labour camps — the notorious gulags — called Vorkuta, where only 30 per cent of the prisoners had underclothes and just half owned anything resembling a decent pair of boots.
After all, this was a system, instigated by Lenin himself, that was designed to remove 'counter-revolutionaries' and other 'undesirables' from society by placing them in brutal camps in savagely inhospitable environments, and working them to death.

It was Stalin who perfected the system, and even after it was wound down and then formally abandoned in 1960, the gulags continued in all but name until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » September 13th, 2018, 7:22 am

If we agree that the Jewish ethnic takeover that happened in Russia and elsewhere was a bad thing then why aren't the Germans heroic for resisting it?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » September 13th, 2018, 9:57 am

growup wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 7:54 pm
I agree in that I think Stalin was also crazy.
the grandmother on my Mom's side (the only one who was not in a concentration camp) hid a Jewish family in her attic
You don’t perhaps think your grandmother was yanking your chain? If true that was pretty stupid given that the Jews massacred a good part of the elite of your country in the Katyn Forest.