The Lincoln Assassination: Unanswered Questions and Conspiracy Theories

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

The Lincoln Assassination: Unanswered Questions and Conspiracy Theories

Post by Winston »

I've watched a few documentaries about the Lincoln Assassination. But none of them answer some simple questions.

1. Why did John Wilkes Booth shoot Lincoln in the back of the head and then jump down onto the stage and break his leg and expose himself in full view of everyone in the theatre? Why didn't he just go out the back the way he came and escape that way? Then no one would know to look for him and he would not have broken his leg. This seems illogical and has never been explained as far as I can find in my research. Why has no one even addressed this?

2. Why didn't Lincoln have any security guarding him? Wouldn't it be common sense to protect the President? If the government wouldn't give him any security guards, then why didn't he just hire some? Otherwise, any random person could just walk up to the President of the United States and shoot him? That seems to defy common sense.

3. In the 19th Century, I read, US Presidents tended to walk around in public without guards like normal citizens. Is that really true? If so, then why didn't John Wilkes Booth just hide in the bushes or trees or rooftop and shoot Lincoln like a sniper when he walked around in public?

I assume that long distance shots were possible in the 19th Century, since a British marksman during the American Revolution in the 18th Century said that he could have picked off George Washington with his rifle from the bushes but chose not to for some reason.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Unanswered Questions about the Lincoln Assassination

Post by Winston »

Miles Mathis presents a lot of weird anomalies and evidence suggesting that the Lincoln assassination was a staged hoax. That may sound ridiculous, but when you see all his evidence below, you may start to wonder if it could be true after all. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

Miles Mathis' Lincoln assassination hoax paper
http://mileswmathis.com/lincoln.pdf
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Lincoln Assassination: Unanswered Questions and Conspiracy Theories

Post by Winston »

Interesting movie drama from 1977 about the Lincoln Conspiracy that alleges that John Wilkes Booth may have escaped capture.

The Lincoln Conspiracy (1977)

The Booth family today want Booth's body exumed so a DNA test can be performed to see if it's really him or not. But the courts refuse to allow it for some odd reason. They will not allow the bones of Booth from the museum to be DNA tested either, even though they would only need a small fragment. Why the refusal to find the truth? Shouldn't historians want to know the truth? If not, then they are not true historians, which is a travesty. See what the Booth family has said about this below.

Full article on the subject:

https://www.theverge.com/2013/7/31/4395 ... lkes-booth

I don't get the controversy here. Why didn't the Booth family verify that it was Booth's body that was shot or not back in 1865? Why now? Didn't they look at the body back then? Why the controversy now? This is strange and unusual.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Unanswered Questions about the Lincoln Assassination

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 3:53 pm
Miles Mathis presents a lot of weird anomalies and evidence suggesting that the Lincoln assassination was a staged hoax. That may sound ridiculous, but when you see all his evidence below, you may start to wonder if it could be true after all. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

Miles Mathis' Lincoln assassination hoax paper
http://mileswmathis.com/lincoln.pdf
If you think about it, the Lincoln assassination does seem a bit contrived, kind of like Bruce Wayne's parents getting shot for no reason in the Batman movies, which always looks contrived and forced too, because muggers don't shoot you for no reason and a high class opera theater like the one they were at would not have muggers around it. I've also never understood why Lincoln could order thousands of men into battle, but couldn't even find one decent man to be his body guard. Instead he had a drunk bodyguard who didn't even want to guard him at the theater but instead went next door to have a drink, so the official story goes. That makes no sense and seems contrived, to be honest.

I also don't get why Booth jumped down from the theater box and broke his leg after the assassination, instead of just going back out the other way he came, so he could not be identified and could escape easier out the back door. Jumping down to the stage could have broken his leg and impaired him from running away, and plus the audience may have tried to subdue him too, so that was defnitely not the logical path to get out after the assassination. There's simply no logic to it at all. Seems contrived.

I also don't get why the government hanged Mary Suratt, the first woman to ever be executed by the US government. She didn't do anything wrong other than serve Booth and the conspirators food and drinks. That's no reason to execute a woman. Even if she knew about the plot, she wasn't obligated to report them. Either way, she didn't deserve to be hanged. Very odd. A lot about this case makes no sense.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Unsolved Mysteries episode about how John Wilkes Booth may have gotten away and how someone in 1903 claimed to be Booth on his deathbed, according to one man who knew him and wrote a book about it. Very interesting. I don't get why the Booth family didn't identify his body in 1865 before it was buried? Why the controversy or mystery? Very unusual.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Don Thomas addresses a public forum to answer questions about the conspiracy to destroy Booth's diary confession. Eight days after shooting Lincoln, Booth wrote: "The little, the very little I left behind to clear my name, the government will not allow to be printed."

Author website and books:

https://reasonlincoln.com/

https://reasonlincoln.com/reason-lincoln-die/

https://reasonlincoln.com/reason-booth-die/

https://reasonlincoln.com/articles/

Apparently, the FBI found evidence in 1977 that proved that members of Lincoln's own party had him assassinated and covered up their involvement. But historians refuse to talk about it for some reason. See details at the links above.