Why is 9/11 considered the biggest tragedy in US history?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

Why is 9/11 considered the biggest tragedy in US history?

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't get. Why is 9/11 considered the biggest tragedy in US history? Only 3,000 people died in it, whereas throughout recorded history, including US history, there are many events where a lot more people died than that.

More Americans died during the invasion of Iwo Jima for example. And more Americans died at Gettysburg during the Civil War.

More Americans die every year from heart disease than a measly 3,000. More die from pharmaceutical drugs too. And more die every year in car accidents as well.

So why is 9/11 the pivotal event that changed the world? The only change is that the US government used it as an excuse to instate a police state, take away our Constitutional rights, create a false War on Terror, and invade the Middle East to build an American Empire (according to the PNAC document that the Neo Cons foolishly made public). But other than that, what reason is there for it to have changed the world? Other than the actions of the US and UK governments, I don't see how it changed the world. And I don't see how it changed the world for other countries too.

Isn't it because the US media made it the biggest tragedy in US history? There are many tragedies bigger than that one, so why did the US media focus on that? Were they ordered to? What is their logic?
Last edited by Winston on May 15th, 2013, 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

What a coincidence. I was going to start a thread asking the very same question. Here is what I wrote:

Why was 9-11 such a big deal?

It is a puzzling question. I presume everyone with even an amoeba's intelligence knows the attacks were carried out by the Washington regime as a publicity stunt to justify their pre-announced killing sprees. However, lets say the lamestream media whackjob conspiracy theory were true and the attacks really were carried out by a shadowy worldwide network of religious fanatics led by a bearded maniac holed up in a cave in Afghanistan for no other reason than they "hate American freedom [sic]". Why would that be such a big deal?

Most of the people killed in the towers would have been corporate parasites and their whores and lackeys who would generally be greatly improved by death. If anything the problem was the attacks didn't occur later in the day in order to inflict more casualties and the delay in dropping the buildings allowed so many to escape, although on the other hand the delay resulted in the deaths of dozens of pigs and "firemen", which is of course awesome. The towers themselves were white elephants unsuited to modern communications and such, so their elimination represented a cost effective urban renewal project. The attack on the Pentagon constituted cowardly, pencil-pushing war criminals getting a long overdue taste of their own medicine, and once again the real tragedy was that so few were given their just deserts and so little damage was done. Sure, there were probably some decent people killed as well, but there is bound to be some collateral damage in any worthwhile enterprise. So even if they were gulled by the establishment conspiracy theory, why wasn't the reaction from Americans something like "Nice one Osama, more please"? Why were so many people so upset?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

It is just the next phase of the creditors in making the push of world dictatorship, they hit the switch that day to ramp the plan up many many degrees to get this thing moving foward around the world. It's not like they do not give de dumb herd a warning. The 93 WT bombings should have warned the intelligent ones to get out.

Most of the main stream media is controlled by the credit monopoly.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good points guys.

I also don't get why the media wants everyone to eternally mourn the 3,000 that died on 9/11, as if they were Jewish Holocaust victims. Why were their deaths anymore tragic or special than the deaths of anyone else? What's the logic? I don't get it. The media makes no sense. They should bring me on their news program so I can make fools out of them.

Besides, most of the 3,000 that died were probably just corporate drones who were selfish and materialistic, like typical Americans in NYC are. If they were alive, they wouldn't give a shit about you or a rat's ass about you. So why should you eternally mourn them? I don't get it. It doesn't make sense.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne