Abraham Lincoln: Why aren't there Presidents like him today?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

Abraham Lincoln: Why aren't there Presidents like him today?

Post by Winston »

Check out this interesting biographical documentary about Abraham Lincoln. He was known as "Honest Abe" and was responsible, hard working and had good moral character.

It just goes to show that in the 1800's, an honest person with good morals could be successful and become President. That must mean that back in the 1800's, virtues like honesty and moral character were respected and valued, at least much more than they are today.

How come that's not true today? How come we don't have politicians like Lincoln today? In fact, all the Presidents of the 1800's look very down-to-earth, so it must mean that the people were more down-to-earth back then. Presidents usually reflect the people at the time that vote him in. Today's US Presidents are fake and plastic, like Bush and Obama, because the modern American people are fake and plastic. Look how different Presidents were back in the 1800's. See the Lincoln biography below.

Abraham Lincoln Biography

Note: Some interesting facts about Lincoln.

-- He was anti-slavery yeah, but he also believed in racial segregation. He believed that blacks and whites can't live in harmony and should be segregated. He also wanted the government to pay to ship blacks back to Africa as colonists.

So you see, just because a man is honest and good, doesn't mean he's a liberal who believes in racial equality or multiculturalism, like Americans assume any good person should be today. Sometimes, good people believe in racial segregation because it makes sense at the time. Also, the US Constitution does not say that all races are equal or that men and women are equal, as liberals are trying to claim. Liberals can't explain that away, so they try to lie about it and claim that the Founding Fathers meant to say that all races and genders were equal, when they never in fact said that.

-- Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation not just to free the blacks, but as a strategy to weaken the South's economy and cause disruption, so the Union could win the Civil War.

-- He succeeded as a lawyer by being honest and morally good, and thus is probably the only lawyer in US history to be honest yet successful at the same time. lol

I've never understood though, why Lincoln didn't have any security guards with him. I mean, he could command thousands into war, but couldn't find one or two men to be his body guards? That's weird. Isn't it common sense to have security guards around a US President?
Last edited by Winston on September 8th, 2014, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Abraham Lincoln: How did an honest President succeed?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I've never understood though, why Lincoln didn't have any security guards with him. I mean, he could command thousands into war, but couldn't find one or two men to be his body guards? That's weird. Isn't it common sense to have security guards around a US President?
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/l ... 69/?no-ist

(Not mentioned in the article, Ward Hill Lamon, former US Marshall, usually watched Lincoln's back. But he had been sent to Richmond by Lincoln.)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Right Momopi.

And plus, Lincoln did not usually like body guards around him anyway. He preferred to travel without them. I guess he wasn't paranoid and didn't live in fear.

I don't see why he didn't at least have two security guards with him. It might have saved his life.

Why does John Wilkes Booth have to kill a good moral honest President like Lincoln? Why can't someone like Booth shoot a fake and fraudulent President like George W. Bush instead? That would be a lot more just and fair.

Here is an interesting documentary about the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The Rothschilds & The Civil War
http://www.rense.com/general78/brudt.htm

http://www.tomatobubble.com/fh2.html

Both President Lincoln and Alexander II of Russia were assassinated around the same time.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Right Momopi.
And plus, Lincoln did not usually like body guards around him anyway. He preferred to travel without them. I guess he wasn't paranoid and didn't live in fear.
No, he had a cavalier (or fatalistic) attitude toward his own safety. There had been previous attempt on his life from Southern assassin.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this video of many Lincoln - Kennedy synchronicities. Some of them are way too specific to be mere coincidences. There are some new ones here that I didn't hear about before that are very eerie and will bring a chill up your spine! This means that clearly, the universe has repeating cycles. Perhaps the same people reincarnate and play the same roles?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This segment of Unsolved Mysteries presents a lot of evidence that John Wilkes Booth got away and lived until 1903. It's very interesting.

But I don't get this conspiracy. Why would the government cover it up if they shot the wrong man? And why did the Union soldiers shoot him rather than capture him? Why didn't they claim that he shot at them first? And if that was not Booth, then why didn't that man come out and tell the soldiers that he wasn't Booth? And why wasn't Booth's family called by the government to identify the body? None of this makes any sense. No motives are given here.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Hey Winston, you know anybody who messes with the bankers counterfeiting racket gets whacked! Every US president who was killed has that in common. Even Reagan caught a bullet because he was by accident messing with them by trying to reestablish Constitutional Law.
Last edited by Moretorque on September 13th, 2014, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:This segment of Unsolved Mysteries presents a lot of evidence that John Wilkes Booth got away and lived until 1903. It's very interesting.

But I don't get this conspiracy. Why would the government cover it up if they shot the wrong man? And why did the Union soldiers shoot him rather than capture him? Why didn't they claim that he shot at them first? And if that was not Booth, then why didn't that man come out and tell the soldiers that he wasn't Booth? And why wasn't Booth's family called by the government to identify the body? None of this makes any sense. No motives are given here.

Were dealing with a Mafia that counterfeits money and has unlimited money to do whatever they want and twist reality inside out, you know this because just look at 9/11 and the Moon hoax. This has been going on for centuries, have you ever looked at the Titanic being the Olympic?
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:Hey Winston, you know anybody who messes with the bankers counterfeiting racket gets whacked! Every US president who was killed has that in common. Even Reagan caught a bullet because he was by accident messing with them by trying to reestablish Constitutional Law.
Not if you're someone invincible and unkillable like Andrew Jackson. Some people are unkillable. If you point a pistol at them and shoot, the pistol will misfire. Andrew Jackson took down the central bank. They sent an assassin to shoot him, but both of his guns misfired. He was the only President who successfully shut down the central bank.

J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

Lincoln had guts and could keep going no matter what through extreme hardship and failures.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This time were going to be saved by Mr. Wu, we will send him into training and he will come back all ripped and shredded as " Wuubo "
Last edited by Moretorque on September 21st, 2014, 12:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Time to Hide!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Abraham Lincoln was a piece a piece of shit with good PR propaganda. His genocide against the Native Americans and Southerners was horrible.

Justice comes in many forms...
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I understand he declared himself dictator more or less? I think he actually did the bankers a favor in keeping the power much more consolidated in the end to march toward a one world system?

I have never studies it in detail but if you are a constitutionalist most of them have your same sentiment from my talking to the informed who believe in a nation governed by laws.

How can you not have a dictatorship when the sheople are on the loose, somebody gotta manage the cattle.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston have you ever watched The Money Master's from start to finish, Bill Still is one of my heroes and his movie called it to a tee over 18 years ago. That is the finest political documentary on the state of the ruling class I have ever seen.

I disagree with him on a solution, unbacked currencies are the money of fascist plain and simple.
Time to Hide!