The first Americans were white Europeans

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

The first Americans were white Europeans

Post by Cornfed »

Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Re: The first Americans were white Europeans

Post by Farmer308 »

Cornfed wrote:This has been known for a while.
http://smithsonianscience.si.edu/2012/0 ... h-america/
Of this subject is interesting for you I suggest the book "The Farfarers" by Farley Mowat. Also the book "1491".
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Thanks for the tip. Looks like a good read. I just bought it on my Nook app.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Pretty sure this is bullshit of the present about the past. For one, there might very well have been blacks here before indians & the whites that were supposedly here so much earlier than the other people doesn't mean they were in the same areas. The might have been in New York but not California, for instance. This larger landmass would be called "America" & the might have been on some part of it earlier than anyone else, but they didn't inhabit the general region.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

After reading the article, I see that this was mentioned. Still think there's some possible bullshit, but it was interesting to see that maybe there's a multiple-source ancestry.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

I am going to keep an open mind until I read the book and see the evidence.
The subject is facinating to me.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

I'm going to have to say 'no'. It's too convenient that whites were the first in America. Extraordinary claims require such evidence, gentlemen.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Blue Murder wrote:I'm going to have to say 'no'. It's too convenient that whites were the first in America. Extraordinary claims require such evidence, gentlemen.
Have you read the book, or plan to? You realize the irony of YOU pointing out that extraordinary claims require such evidence?
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Farmer308 wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:I'm going to have to say 'no'. It's too convenient that whites were the first in America. Extraordinary claims require such evidence, gentlemen.
Have you read the book, or plan to? You realize the irony of YOU pointing out that extraordinary claims require such evidence?
I realise the irony in a hypocrite trying to point out irony.

"YOU", he says. As if I'm some noteworthy example of anything. Textbook comedy.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It doesn't say the whites got there first. I saw a video about this theory. Maybe that's why some Indians don't have Asian noses.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I have been studying Early man in the New World for years. There were most likely multiple migrations into the New World. Man may have been in the New World for 100,000 years or more. They are finding scattered sites that are very old. The people that the European explorers met were of Asian origin. Look at the photos of the Indian chiefs with those long pronounced noses. They don't look like they are from China. Maybe they are the lost Tribes or Israel, or for somewhere else in Asia.

They do DNA testing now and can determine where people came from. They have concluded that even though most of the Old World had been populated for over a million years, that all the people in the world came from an expansion out of Africa of Homo Sapiens Sapiens about 100,000 years ago. Until they can do the DNA testing on some of bones from these scattered very old sites in the New World, definite proof of where these people come from can't be determined. Just because tools in two parts of the world look similar doesn't mean they have to have a common origin. Man is intelligent and can develop similar things in different locations. Inventions don't necessarily get invented once.

This debate has been going on for years. In the late 1950s Louis Leaky came to Calico, CA because he believe he had found biface chopper tools dating back over 100,000 years.

Here's another bit of information from an archaeologist Richard S. MacNeish.
"But the expedition that stirred perhaps the loudest debate was his dig at the Pendejo cave in New Mexico, where Dr. MacNeish said in 1992 that he had found human palm and finger prints on clay from a 28,000-year-old layer and man-made hearths dating back perhaps 38,000 years. Confirmation of such a finding would upset the widely held theory that humans first entered the Americas 12,000 years ago by crossing the Bering land bridge from Asia, a belief that Dr. MacNeish had long sought to disprove."
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/30/us/ri ... at-82.html
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is Weev's Thanksgiving speech on the subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 83M3NKo4mI