Why did the Native Americans lose the war over their lands?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Why did the Native Americans lose the war over their lan

Post by OutWest »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
OutWest wrote:
Think about it. The Indians were still a stone age culture vs Europeans with locomotives and technology. (By the end of the era in the 1800s.) In this case, American Indian tribes met these vastly stronger European tribes.
These Europeans that you speak of would have all died if the Indians did not help them initially (i.e, food, shelter from cold) despite any forms of technology they had which was rudimentary at best.

As far as the Spanish, they were shown hospitality and not killed right away by the Aztecs because they thought the Spanish men riding on beast they never seen (horses) were the returning "bearded white man" (Quetzalcoatl) that was said to have help establish the Mayan civilization.

By 1750, the technology used in a British Man of War ship with perhaps 60 cannons or more, was not just rudimentary technology compared to Indians with birch-bark canoes. The technology available to a few early settlers like the Pilgrims or puritans or a few Spanish soldiers was not nearly as significant as the maritime technology and industrial technology over the horizon that over the long run assured European conquest.

outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why did the Native Americans lose the war over their lands?

Post by Winston »

This Cracked article explains the truth about why the Native Americans lost their land to White settlers. It's something we haven't been told.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19864_6- ... erica.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne