Riots in the U.K.

Discuss news and current events around the world.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Riots in the U.K.

Post by pete98146 »

zboy1 wrote:What do people here in Happier Abroad think about the situation in the U.K.? I can tell you when I was stationed in the U.K., I found the Brits to be as loutish and uncultured as many Americans. In fact, many of the same problems that inflict the United States such as feminism, racism, and a tyrannical police state is greatly magnified over there. Brits often make fools of themselves in foreign countries and are considered as obnoxious as many Americans abroad. Do you think the U.K. situation will bleed over to the United States? Personally, I don't see it happening here as many Americans are in a self-induced coma to do anything about the corrupt American government.
It's an interesting question. Whether or not Obama is succeeding with his Presidency or not, he atleast is giving the appearance that he's doing everything he can for the less fortunate here in the US. But at some point in time, our country MUST adobt a more fiscally conservative stance. The ensuing outcome will be drastic cuts to many social programs currently in place. Both the rich and the poor will have to make consessions.

So right now Americans are comfortably numb but things can change in a heartbeat if their daily benefits are trimmed back. We'll then be at a much higher risk for public outcry. I would not rule out the possibility of similar riots here in the States in the future.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Riots in the U.K.

Post by zboy1 »

pete98146 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:What do people here in Happier Abroad think about the situation in the U.K.? I can tell you when I was stationed in the U.K., I found the Brits to be as loutish and uncultured as many Americans. In fact, many of the same problems that inflict the United States such as feminism, racism, and a tyrannical police state is greatly magnified over there. Brits often make fools of themselves in foreign countries and are considered as obnoxious as many Americans abroad. Do you think the U.K. situation will bleed over to the United States? Personally, I don't see it happening here as many Americans are in a self-induced coma to do anything about the corrupt American government.
It's an interesting question. Whether or not Obama is succeeding with his Presidency or not, he atleast is giving the appearance that he's doing everything he can for the less fortunate here in the US. But at some point in time, our country MUST adobt a more fiscally conservative stance. The ensuing outcome will be drastic cuts to many social programs currently in place. Both the rich and the poor will have to make consessions.

So right now Americans are comfortably numb but things can change in a heartbeat if their daily benefits are trimmed back. We'll then be at a much higher risk for public outcry. I would not rule out the possibility of similar riots here in the States in the future.
I expect similar riots to occur in the U.S. by 2012, when stagflation and a collapsing dollar will lead to pandemonium and make the London riots look tame in comparison. I just hope to graduate from university and leave the country by then!