Marines Announce Females in Combat Units

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Jason of Dystopia
Freshman Poster

Marines Announce Females in Combat Units

Post by Jason of Dystopia »

Last edited by Jason of Dystopia on May 3rd, 2012, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
-T.E. Lawrence
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

LOL, women in combat units--What a joke! I guarantee you--all the male soldiers will not be happy about this, that's for sure. What do you think will happen in the battlefield, when a women soldier is captured by the enemy, god forbid. Rape would be the least of their worries... And how much of a distraction will a female soldier be to all the stressed out male soldiers in a time of war. I can guarantee you they'll be loads of stories coming out in the future about all the rapes and inappropriate sexual behavior that will take place as a result.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It's not like this is unheard of but I really doubt American females can handle a real combat environment. If it were any other nationality i'd say it has a much higher chance of success but not so for your average mental midget American female.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

Create an entirely female only squad.
Embed a female only reporter and camera crew.
Send them on a mission.

Problem solved.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Soldiers have to worry about getting their ass shot off and now they will have to worry about being falsely accused of rape.
mercurymarch
Freshman Poster

Post by mercurymarch »

What a joke. Seriously, what a joke.

There is literally tons of research done by the army and exercise physiologists that shows men are not simply slightly physically superior to women, they are far superior.

Some of the old army data shows women have 55% of the upper body strength of men and 72% of the lower body strength. Other studies have confirmed this, and come on guys, it's obvious. ( Here's a link to a column by an old veteran that discusses these facts.)

Women are also not only much, much weaker than men, they are much more injury prone. They simply aren't built for combat -- they're built for giving birth and raising kids.

Why is this so hard for our military leaders to understand? Why do they insist on shoehorning incompetent females into roles they can never hope to fulfill?

I don't get it.

Women are different from men. Why is that so hard to accept?

Women in the military cause lots of problems. They make it harder to maintain discipline in the ranks, they endanger the lives of other soldiers...They are just trophies for feminists and men cowed by feminists.

It's all fun and games until men start dying because their lives depend on female soldiers that can't pull their own weight.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

It seems the Navy brass does not expect Marines to have to fight any more serious Iraq-style wars.

Looks like suitable only for peacekeeping aka occupation aka martial law.

A communist military for a totalitarian country. Sad, yes, but in a way good.

This beast has no teeth.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Why is everyone so upset? Let them fight a few middle eastern wars, get captured and gang raped by Arabs and Iranians. Whole prisons will be raping them. Platoons and maybe entire regiments. Thick Arab penises. And those Arabs/Iranians like doing it in the butt mostly, and they take no sass from women.

But maybe that's what they like.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

All the women will do is cause problems.

Can you imagine yourself as a soldier in the front line, and a woman is fighting alongside of you? It's a disaster waiting to happen.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote:Why is everyone so upset? Let them fight a few middle eastern wars, get captured and gang raped by Arabs and Iranians. Whole prisons will be raping them. Platoons and maybe entire regiments. Thick Arab penises. And those Arabs/Iranians like doing it in the butt mostly, and they take no sass from women.

But maybe that's what they like.
:lol:
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Not really.

Also, I read this program only permits Gunnery Sergeants and above to partake, not the female junior enlisted personnel who are still "protected."

If they truly let women fight in combat without restrictions, watch the bloodbath ensue.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

I would like to see the feminists reaction to women being included in the draft.
Jason of Dystopia
Freshman Poster

Sexual Assault in Military Already An Epidemic

Post by Jason of Dystopia »

Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
-T.E. Lawrence