Movies/TV shows that make me sick! Shows guys as servants!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Are TV/Movies getting more anti-male?

Poll ended at December 26th, 2012, 12:08 pm

No, men truely are servants to women.
No votes
Yes, it's bad & we need to boycott misandric movies/shows.
100%

Total votes: 10
polya
Junior Poster

Movies/TV shows that make me sick! Shows guys as servants!

Post by polya »

I watched "Battleship" and I was sickened by the first scene: a hot girl walks into the bar and one man "wins her affection" by breaking into a 7/11 to get her a burito! The guy is arrested, and the girl turns out to be the Naval bosses daughter. Then he saves the world from aliens and asks the dad to marry his daughter and he says "NO" as the guy is not "good enough." Can anyone see why the dating scene is so f&cked up now?? I can't believe this movie and I'm going to have to boycott any movie that denigrades men (portrays them as wounded puppy-dogs being always kicked away by girls).

Then there's TV shows like Private Practice where the girls are "strong" and the guys are manginas there to serve them. This again makes me sick and I'm going to have to boycott these p***y shows too.

Is anyone noticing TV and movies are getting more misandirc?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: Movies/TV shows that make me sick! Show guys as servants

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

polya wrote:I watched "Battleship" and I was sickened by the first scene: a hot girl walks into the bar and one man "wins her affection" by breaking into a 7/11 to get her a burito! The guy is arrested, and the girl turns out to be the Naval bosses daughter. Then he saves the world from aliens and asks the dad to marry his daughter and he says "NO" as the guy is not "good enough." Can anyone see why the dating scene is so f&cked up now?? I can't believe this movie and I'm going to have to boycott any movie that denigrades men (portrays them as wounded puppy-dogs being always kicked away by girls).

Then there's TV shows like Private Practice where the girls are "strong" and the guys are manginas there to serve them. This again makes me sick and I'm going to have to boycott these p***y shows too.

I personally liked Battleship. Yes, that part was messed-up, but to me, that scene was... I was able to block it out and focus on the action, which was pretty damn good.

I do agree with you, polya.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
polya wrote:I watched "Battleship" and I was sickened by the first scene: a hot girl walks into the bar and one man "wins her affection" by breaking into a 7/11 to get her a burito! The guy is arrested, and the girl turns out to be the Naval bosses daughter. Then he saves the world from aliens and asks the dad to marry his daughter and he says "NO" as the guy is not "good enough." Can anyone see why the dating scene is so f&cked up now?? I can't believe this movie and I'm going to have to boycott any movie that denigrades men (portrays them as wounded puppy-dogs being always kicked away by girls).

I personally liked Battleship. Yes, that part was messed-up, but to me, that scene was... I was able to block it out and focus on the action, which was pretty damn good.

I do agree with you, polya.
OK, battleship did have some good points (Rihanna was NOT one), but the man-hatred pi$$ed meoff - why oh why don't women have to do things for men in movies?? It really grates me. TV is so bad now with shows like Dr Phil, Anderson Cooper, Divorce court...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

I believe it started in the early 80's. The cosby show was huge. As I watch it now, I notice how clueless the daughters are, how ridiculous the questions were from Claire to her husband, how stupid the daughter's statements were, how heartless and inconsiderate vennesa was, denise had no idea what she wanted in life, sandra always ridiculed melvin as chauvinisitc (even though being/staying married to him) who was really just a guy trying his best to be a gentleman whose words were always thrown way out of context. One line goes; "a woman's hands should smell like sandwiches, not gasoline." Every female in the family wanted to prosecute him for it. Remember the episode when theo wanted to throw martin a bachelor part. Although martin turned down the idea, the denise, sandra went off the deep end. Sandra (who definitely had the mindset of a feminist in that episode) gave melvin a hard time while asking him what part of the chicken did he want. Martin punked out and said 'wing.' F#@k that. If I haven't eaten all day, I'm calling for 2 breasts, a drumstick, and a thigh. If your mindset is so screwed up that you can actually blow THAT out of context - and this is the way you're gonna be everytime I develope an appetite - than I want out of this family NOW.

cosby show
family matters (laura was a complete a$$hole)
king of queens
everyone loves raymond (the title's a bit contradiction)
Go east, young man. Go east
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

I've noticed I watch a lot less TV over the last decade.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Then stop watching that shit. I only watch the History Channel, PBS and AMC (American Movie Classics). Those are not anti-male. Don't watch the networks or talk shows or mainstream media.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 6th, 2013, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Movies/TV shows that make me sick! Shows guys as servants!

Post by Winston »

Remember that sitcom from the 80's called "Who's the Boss?" where Tony Danza plays a housekeeper to his wife who has a professional job? I never understood the appeal of that. Strange. If you don't remember it, here's the intro.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne