The Cult of Celebrity - Regular Guy Pranks New York City

Discuss news and current events around the world.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

The Cult of Celebrity - Regular Guy Pranks New York City

Post by HenryGeorge »

On the night of July 27th, 2012, a huge prank was pulled in New York City and this is the video of what took place. Brett Cohen came up with a crazy idea to fool thousands of pedestrians walking the streets of Times Square into thinking he was a huge celebrity, and it worked! Not only did it work, it caused quite a stir. This social experiment, of sorts, makes a profound statement about how modern culture is so attracted to pop culture, without any real credibility needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1 ... Tw[youtube][/youtube]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Cult of Celebrity - Regular Guy Pranks New York City

Post by Jester »

HenryGeorge wrote:On the night of July 27th, 2012, a huge prank was pulled in New York City and this is the video of what took place. Brett Cohen came up with a crazy idea to fool thousands of pedestrians walking the streets of Times Square into thinking he was a huge celebrity, and it worked! Not only did it work, it caused quite a stir. This social experiment, of sorts, makes a profound statement about how modern culture is so attracted to pop culture, without any real credibility needed.

Not sure if I want to get out of this madhouse... or get on a plane to a peaceful, isolated, backward island... or go on TV myself... or crawl under a rock in embarrassment for being American...
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: The Cult of Celebrity - Regular Guy Pranks New York City

Post by Dragon »

Jester wrote:
HenryGeorge wrote:On the night of July 27th, 2012, a huge prank was pulled in New York City and this is the video of what took place. Brett Cohen came up with a crazy idea to fool thousands of pedestrians walking the streets of Times Square into thinking he was a huge celebrity, and it worked! Not only did it work, it caused quite a stir. This social experiment, of sorts, makes a profound statement about how modern culture is so attracted to pop culture, without any real credibility needed.

Not sure if I want to get out of this madhouse... or get on a plane to a peaceful, isolated, backward island... or go on TV myself... or crawl under a rock in embarrassment for being American...
If you do all of that at once, it will be a reality show!